thanks,
studiomaster

North Kerala fish curry is yummy.
Wheat halwa is also great
Love all the jaggery based kerala sweets
Red Rice
Kerala stew with soft fluffy appams
Coconut chutneys

.. and lastly though not a food item coconut hair oil and the thick long waist length hair of Kerala girls :)

Cheers

Inclining towards veg side ( I dot eat fish & eat limited dishes of Chicken & Mutton)
But I like eggs & in Dubai I used to enjoy Egg Roast & appam -nice & cheap!
Also I had a sweet dish made out of tender coconut in one conference in coachin -too good -can someone tell it's name?
BTW I am Maharashtrian from Mumbai ,In Mumbai can I get egg roast & appam?

ahhh foood......my no. 1 passion (yes more than music, more than hi fi, more than anything else)a nd being mallu, there are too many to list.

- appam and chicken stew
- kappa and the red fish curry
- parota and beef fry
- karimeen pollichathu
- poricha kozhi (fried chicken) and chapathi

yes you can. In Fort, there's a restaurant called Deluxe on Pitha Street (which is off PM Road).

Basically coming from VT towards fountain on DN Road, after Citibank take the first left and then the first right, you'll soon see Deluxe....possibly the best mallu food in Bombay.

Inclining towards veg side ( I dot eat fish & eat limited dishes of Chicken & Mutton)
Also I had a sweet dish made out of tender coconut in one conference in coachin -too good -can someone tell it's name?

Rethm Saadhana its from Cochin and I heard it tastes and sounds good though I havent tasted one yet :p

---- Ullathiyathu my fav :licklips:

In Chembur there are 2: Pradeep & Jose.

In Vashi try the famous Kerala House on Sun night for Appam/ chicken curry/ stew etc. Maybe even roast eggs? Sun afternoon they have the meal served on banana leaf - Rs. 70.00 Unlimited. Weekday Rs. 40.00 on plate - unlimited.

Don't tell me you have not yet gone there, it's 10 mins from your house!

Dont know where to start....but here are the definite favorites!

Copy+of+IMG_2023.jpg

Kappa.jpg

Enjoy!

Dont know where to start....but here are the definite favorites!

Copy+of+IMG_2023.jpg

Kappa.jpg

Enjoy!

Of course first on then list would be the typical sadhya, with numerous curries,olan, kalan, thoran, mezhukku perattis and payasam!
Next up, kappa and fish curry with fresh kallu!
Appam and chicken/veg stew
Puttu, kadala pappadom
Pathiri and kozhi(chicken) curry
thats it for now, i am already hungry!
Who started this topic? The thread starter will have to answer for growling tummies and lighter wallets today!:D

vattayappam
Neymeen Fry
Beef anything
Open House Chilly Beef & Taj Chicken Fry and also Buhari Mutton curry & parotta (Trivandrum special) I miss them all

cant forget the thatti kadas either :eek:hyeah:

You can get in Delux Hotel(Near to BSE). Just ask some one in that locality they will tell you the exact location.its a very good Kerala Restaurant .One of my best Restaurant out side kerala.You will get every kerala dishes there with Malabar taste.

yes you can. In Fort, there's a restaurant called Deluxe on Pitha Street (which is off PM Road).

Basically coming from VT towards fountain on DN Road, after Citibank take the first left and then the first right, you'll soon see Deluxe....possibly the best mallu food in Bombay.

Yes its the Best Mallu restaurant i ever visited ( Bombay,bangalore, and Chennai)

Hi all,

Kappa with Chala (Mathy) Curry
Kallappam with Mutton stew or fish molley
Porotta and beef fry
Sadya & Meen Pollichathu
and white spirit with Karikkin Vellam (tender coconut water)

regards,
Venu

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back