Teac Cassette/CD Player: AD 800: Any idea?

I am brought AD500 2yrs back and it sounds good.
Not using it since 6months, packed and kept safely.

Spending 19k is not worth if you are using at home.
These are meant for studios.

A friend of mine in the United States has this combo unit. He is very happy with it. However the flip side is that if you are trying to archive your old cassettes directly on CD, you'll be sadly disappointed as this deck does not have a cassette to CD conversion option. Otherwise, you should be in good shape. If you intend to use this only for listening to tapes, well...a pre-used cassette deck could be a less expensive option.

i am looking to use this to listen to my old cassettes collection and some CDs...so cassette to CD conversion functionality is inconsequential to me... what matters, though, is the sound and build quality...sadly this doesn't have optical/coaxial out...

Last edited:
Had a similar requirement for myself, but with cassette/vinyl to cd conversion as well. Here is what I ordered/got.
1. Behringer UFO202 Audio Interface for digitising from Amazon - $52 shipped with duty.
2. Denon DRM-555 cassette recorder from Ebay $90 shipped - still have to receive it so cannot comment on its condition.
3. Weston DVD player (with co-axial out) from Big bazaar.
Hope the above helps

Last edited:
Hi,

I also had been thinking about this product. Reviews seems to be good although price is on the higher side (in my opinion). Also when tried to place the order on Amazon .com, the message says can't deliver in Kolkata.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back