Thank you Everyone! First HT Build :D

Get2Ricky

Ok first of all i would like to thank every on here who helped me building my first Home Theater (Especially MANDEEP ji), Yesh i finally got it yesterday! **woohoo**

Earlier i was going for JBL cinema 300 speakers with Yamaha AVR but wasn't really satisfied when i finally auditioned it yesterday again, there was something missing i dunno what really but i wasn't really happy and it was confusing as i went there to buy the system actually. So i decided to audition more stuff at the last moment and with the help from (MANDEEP Sir) i finally got the following which clicked right on the sweet spot i was looking for:

1. Yamaha AVR HTR 3067 (as its the same as RXV 377 which i was looking for)
2. Yamaha NS-8390 Floor standing speakers (PAIR) - Front Left and Right
3. Yamaha NS-P150 for surrounds and center.
4. No subwoofer for now as i already exceeded my budget lol

So when i auditioned above combo (without sub) and compared it with my old final setup i.e. Yamaha Rxv 377 with JBL cinema 300, the quality was amazing which completely washed JBL yamaha combo as it was no way near to the above mentioned combo. Even without a sub the bass was actually better then JBL cinema 300 5.1 which really shocked me tbh. JBL cinema 300 sub sounded boomy in movies where as the above combo of floor standers the bass was punchy clear precise.

Over all i have just tested for 1-2 hours so far at home as i am not finished up with the setup yet lol but i am really satisfied with my purchase :D

P.S. A FACT: Never go with the reviews, just get want sound best to your ears. Thats how i got this awesome setup :) :yahoo:

As i havent setup properly yet, still few pics of floor standers and AVR :D

Attachments

• IMG_20150310_104729.jpg
    IMG_20150310_104729.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 477
  • IMG_20150310_104705.jpg
    IMG_20150310_104705.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 472
  • IMG_20150310_104652.jpg
    IMG_20150310_104652.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 470
  • IMG_20150310_104605.jpg
    IMG_20150310_104605.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 472
  • IMG_20150310_104555.jpg
    IMG_20150310_104555.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 469
Ok first of all i would like to thank every on here who helped me building my first Home Theater (Especially MANDEEP ji), Yesh i finally got it yesterday! **woohoo**

Earlier i was going for JBL cinema 300 speakers with Yamaha AVR but wasn't really satisfied when i finally auditioned it yesterday again, there was something missing i dunno what really but i wasn't really happy and it was confusing as i went there to buy the system actually. So i decided to audition more stuff at the last moment and with the help from (MANDEEP Sir) i finally got the following which clicked right on the sweet spot i was looking for:

1. Yamaha AVR HTR 3067 (as its the same as RXV 377 which i was looking for)
2. Yamaha NS-8390 Floor standing speakers (PAIR) - Front Left and Right
3. Yamaha NS-P150 for surrounds and center.
4. No subwoofer for now as i already exceeded my budget lol

So when i auditioned above combo (without sub) and compared it with my old final setup i.e. Yamaha Rxv 377 with JBL cinema 300, the quality was amazing which completely washed JBL yamaha combo as it was no way near to the above mentioned combo. Even without a sub the bass was actually better then JBL cinema 300 5.1 which really shocked me tbh. JBL cinema 300 sub sounded boomy in movies where as the above combo of floor standers the bass was punchy clear precise.

Over all i have just tested for 1-2 hours so far at home as i am not finished up with the setup yet lol but i am really satisfied with my purchase :D

P.S. A FACT: Never go with the reviews, just get want sound best to your ears. Thats how i got this awesome setup :) :yahoo:

As i havent setup properly yet, still few pics of floor standers and AVR :D

What did this cost ?

Congrats get2ricky.
Did u auditioned Yamaha 299 or something like that? How far was improvement with jbl? Was jbl not impressive? Because I was also thinking of jbl cinema.
Please divulge the prices here or pm me.
I have auditioned polk audio rm6750 with Denon 500 briefly with mp3 music and transformer blue ray. I liked it. Speakers cost 35k, may get some discount.
Had also checked Pioneer rsv 33 with floor standers, bass was ok.
Yamaha 299 with avr 2067 speakers were not at all good.
I am inclined towards polk speakers with some good compatible avr with Aux in Dolby true HD and Dts ma, hdmi 2 shall be welcomed.
Listening movie and music in 2.1 and tata sky hd. Kindly suggest around budget 50k little flexible for better options. Sound quality shuld be clear.

Last edited:
Well the whole setup costed me around 69K. And JBL cinema 300 as i said these yamaha floor standers would be rated 100/100 and JBL cinema 300 40/100 if you compare them. This doesn't mean JBL cinema 300 are bad, they are relaly good for the price but if 3 way floor standers are much much better option from what i have seen. Rest it all depends on your ears, what i like may be not your cup of tea. So whatever you have consider just go and audition and buy what sounds best to your ears :)

So i decided to audition more stuff at the last moment and with the help from (MANDEEP Sir) i finally got the following which clicked right on the sweet spot i was looking for:

Enjoy! Have fun and god bless :yahoo:

Now thats a million-dollar advise

Last edited:

So i decided to audition more stuff at the last moment and with the help from (MANDEEP Sir) i finally got the following which clicked right on the sweet spot i was looking for:

Enjoy! Have fun and god bless :yahoo:

Now thats a million-dollar advise

hehe thank you Sir, everything that you taught me :D

Congrats for your new System. You liked it, that's most important. Enjoy! You may not need a Sub, unless you are fond of that additional( somewhat artificial) thump.--vnm

Congrats for your new System. You liked it, that's most important. Enjoy! You may not need a Sub, unless you are fond of that additional( somewhat artificial) thump.--vnm

Well for movies bass is sufficient, punchy. Just when i try mp3 music stuff, there it lacks the bass and feels like i do need a sub.

Well for movies bass is sufficient, punchy. Just when i try mp3 music stuff, there it lacks the bass and feels like i do need a sub.

Congratulations!

Do this and let me know if that satisfies you?

- On AVR, set the front speakers to 'large'.
- Increase the tone (Bass) to +2 and then inside the individual speaker equalization, increase the 65hz by +1
- Decrease the 150hz and 400hz by -2 each.
- For better vocals, +2 on 1000 Khz and 2500 khz.

If it is 128/256 kbps mp3, then whatever you do they are all going to 'sound crap'.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back