the 32" dilemma

doc_del

hi guys
i am in the process of buying a 32" lcd priced under 32k.
i'd finalised pana model 32lx80 but then i heard about the
launch of new pana range.

now they have launched 32le10 which seems to be exactly
similar in specs to 32lx80.

one model that i've auditioned is LG 32lh20 which is also good.

so now i ask your suggestions on what to buy?
please keep in mind following points

1.viewing distance is 7-8 ft.

2.tv will be for well lit bedroom.

3.will mainly be used to watch sd content via sun direct
and HD content via WD TV HD media player(1-2 hrs daily).
weekend gaming with nintendo wii.

4.budget is under 32k.

regards
doc_del

32" IMHO is a terrible size. It offers not much more screen real estate than a 29" CRT and much less, if you're going to watch in 4:3 which is the correct aspect ratio of your DTH. I started out looking to buy a 32" but ended up stretching my budget and buying a 42" plasma on EMIs.

I'd strongly recommend you consider that option. Excellent 42" plasmas are available in the 40-45k range, which is not that much of a leap from your budget.

And yes 7-8 feet is about as far as i have kept my plasma TV, and it is the THX certified perfect distance to place a 42" HD Ready TV (a Full HD one can be placed even closer).

hi guys
i am in the process of buying a 32" lcd priced under 32k.
i'd finalised pana model 32lx80 but then i heard about the
launch of new pana range.

now they have launched 32le10 which seems to be exactly
similar in specs to 32lx80.

one model that i've auditioned is LG 32lh20 which is also good.

so now i ask your suggestions on what to buy?
please keep in mind following points

1.viewing distance is 7-8 ft.

2.tv will be for well lit bedroom.

3.will mainly be used to watch sd content via sun direct
and HD content via WD TV HD media player(1-2 hrs daily).
weekend gaming with nintendo wii.

4.budget is under 32k.

regards
doc_del

I have checked rev of new pan models & are not better than 8 series,even Black levels to.3 web have reported less than 8/10 including trusted rev.

well u can get a samsung 32B450 for that price,which has far superior contrast,shadow details and better image processing then the pansonic models be it a lx80 or the newer ,s10,x10.

32" IMHO is a terrible size. It offers not much more screen real estate than a 29" CRT and much less, if you're going to watch in 4:3 which is the correct aspect ratio of your DTH. I started out looking to buy a 32" but ended up stretching my budget and buying a 42" plasma on EMIs.

I'd strongly recommend you consider that option. Excellent 42" plasmas are available in the 40-45k range, which is not that much of a leap from your budget.

And yes 7-8 feet is about as far as i have kept my plasma TV, and it is the THX certified perfect distance to place a 42" HD Ready TV (a Full HD one can be placed even closer).

1) Please note it si for "WELL LIT "Room Plasma may be useless and with lot of reflection
2) Again budget capis 32 K

Doc chk my old posts for Pana LCD quotes -IMHO LG is to ood choice I'm using it) ,good service too..

thanx for your input guys.
i'll be giving samsung B450 a try soon.

@psychotropic i wud've loved a 42 inches plasma but am constrained
by space as below the tv i'll be keeping my desktop with 17 " lcd monitor.

BTW what wud be the best buy price for samsung B450?
anybody in delhi bought it?

so you're going to wall mount it, i presume.....in which case anway the screens will be at similar levels. Would it be essential to you keep your PC monitor just below the TV? Even if it is, I still don't see why the 42" plasma should be an issue. Please not i am not recommending it for the technology (although i do prefer plasma), but for the size.....perhaps if you can at least consider a 37" LCD it would be a good idea.

I use A450, I am satisfied with it. Fair price will be between 16-20% discount on MRP. Depends on how u bargain. I got mine @19% diacount on MRP.

I use A450, I am satisfied with it. Fair price will be between 16-20% discount on MRP. Depends on how u bargain. I got mine @19% diacount on MRP.
samsung site displays MRP as 40k so i guess i should get it
between 32-34k.

so you're going to wall mount it, i presume.....in which case anway the screens will be at similar levels. Would it be essential to you keep your PC monitor just below the TV? Even if it is, I still don't see why the 42" plasma should be an issue. Please not i am not recommending it for the technology (although i do prefer plasma), but for the size.....perhaps if you can at least consider a 37" LCD it would be a good idea.
moving pc is not possible cos then i'll have to move it to a non ac room
which is like hell in delhi.
so i'll wall mount the tv which leaves me space adequate for 32" or 37".
but somehow i find 32" are more vfm and within my budget:)

then why dont you buy a 29" CRT and wait till you have enough cash and the space to buy a nice TV? 32" is a very pointless screen-size considering the competition. Yes HD images will look better, but the most common HD source we have is the pseudo HD upscaled DVDs, just for that to invest in an LCD which doesn't give you a big-screen experience, sounds like a waste to me.

samsung site displays MRP as 40k so i guess i should get it
between 32-34k.

moving pc is not possible cos then i'll have to move it to a non ac room
which is like hell in delhi.
so i'll wall mount the tv which leaves me space adequate for 32" or 37".
but somehow i find 32" are more vfm and within my budget:)

then why dont you buy a 29" CRT and wait till you have enough cash and the space to buy a nice TV? 32" is a very pointless screen-size considering the competition. Yes HD images will look better, but the most common HD source we have is the pseudo HD upscaled DVDs, just for that to invest in an LCD which doesn't give you a big-screen experience, sounds like a waste to me.

I played 720p & 1080p clips on HP laptop & it looked awesome.Big LCD can perform well.

i am sure they do, but i don't get how it affects the point i was making

Well most people started to dnld mkv mov & without HD screen one cant enjoy that.
For SD still CRT is good,but we need to update ourself too,29 CRT dont look good with SD too ,if watched from close.Then why to take 29?25 is enough.

LCD can be watched closely due to high resolution.

like i told there's a pc placed in the room so there's no place for CRT and
HD content will be downloaded and played with WD TV HD player.

like i told there's a pc placed in the room so there's no place for CRT and
HD content will be downloaded and played with WD TV HD player.

If you already have a PC, why don't you buy a good TV Tuner card and use the PC monitor as Tv.
I suppose this is your secondary Tv right?
if so then a CRT PC monitor will do a pretty decent job,
and also you get added features like Picture in Picture, recording, etc
with a TV tuner card.

oh yes oh yes, i stand corrected......the WDTV i keep forgetting about :) yeah, so if you're going to sit close enough i guess 32" should be tolerable.

Well most people started to dnld mkv mov & without HD screen one cant enjoy that.
For SD still CRT is good,but we need to update ourself too,29 CRT dont look good with SD too ,if watched from close.Then why to take 29?25 is enough.

CRT is not all bad, Spiro! LCD's at the budget the OP is looking at cannot match a CRT in terms of showing fast moving action on screen. No comparison in fact.

Its horses for courses still. :)

CRT is not all bad, Spiro! LCD's at the budget the OP is looking at cannot match a CRT in terms of showing fast moving action on screen. No comparison in fact.

Its horses for courses still. :)

You r right & hence I held decission to buy LCD till newer models.Checked Sam 5series with 70000CR,black levels are good,movements has some issues.
VU 32 in looked clear than Sam

If your main requirement is for HTB then try for an LCD with 100hz.....it will help with the fast moving pics and also give better definition at the edges.......you can look for the PANA 32LX800.....you should get it around 31k as it is going to be replaced by the G series in the month of August

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back