The best option for getting xbox one in India

mahiruha

Hi guys,
I need to have a Xbox one console as early as possible to play battlefield 4. I am already playing on xbox 360 but the hardware isn't robust enough to play this game in its full glory and also I am missing the 64 player matches.Now the question is what is the best option to get a xbox one and what should be decent landed price to pay. Does the US version support Indian voltages? Any input will be welcome.
Thanks.

US version won't support Indian voltages. You'll either need a voltage converter or get the xbox from places which support ~240 volts like uk, Europe, HK or Singapore.

i''m just speculating but it use's a power brick, then i guess all you need is to change the power brick to Indian version/ or better yet try the 360 power brick maybe that could work with Xbox one.

Thanks, guys for the inputs. I think best option is to get it from UK to be safe from all fronts but at prevailing crazy exchange rate against GBP the pricing is not making sense at all. Also from my past experience with 360 microsoft as a company is very very unreliable so I am kind of apprehensive buying a product without any warranty.

@Saini: I see in the other thread you got a PS4 and playing battlefield 4. How happy you are with play station regarding reliability from your past experience.

Thanks.

If it is just battlefield 4, why don't you get the PC version? It is the best of the lot.

Playing an FPS with a controller is like running with one leg bound to your back.

@reignofchaos: Well PC option is there so getting a dell alienware X51 makes sense but a console is always a easier option as I am used to it. Well I find controllers quite handy for playing. Using a mouse and keyboard together feels a bit clumsy. I think everything has its own advantages and disadvantages and most important factor is the skill of the individual which comes from practice and knowledge of the map.

Thanks, guys for the inputs. I think best option is to get it from UK to be safe from all fronts but at prevailing crazy exchange rate against GBP the pricing is not making sense at all. Also from my past experience with 360 microsoft as a company is very very unreliable so I am kind of apprehensive buying a product without any warranty.

@Saini: I see in the other thread you got a PS4 and playing battlefield 4. How happy you are with play station regarding reliability from your past experience.

Thanks.
ok mate i'll be labeled a fanboy:lol:, but i'll still give my opinion...i never had any problems with any Sony product specially PS,i'm on my 3rd PS3,but one needs to release my ps3 stays powered on for almost 10-12 hours a day as i got no cable/dth at home,and since i got PS+ it practically stays on forever to download all the games you get with, even my ps4 was powered on for almost 3days straight before i had to travel to punjab..

in short i'm very happy it has no additional cords to fidel with i could just use my PS3 cords on it if i wanted to retire my ps3,i can take it anywhere without worrying about it not be able to work on a different voltage...very happy

ok mate i'll be labeled a fanboy:lol:, but i'll still give my opinion...i never had any problems with any Sony product specially PS,i'm on my 3rd PS3,but one needs to release my ps3 stays powered on for almost 10-12 hours a day as i got no cable/dth at home,and since i got PS+ it practically stays on forever to download all the games you get with, even my ps4 was powered on for almost 3days straight before i had to travel to punjab..

in short i'm very happy it has no additional cords to fidel with i could just use my PS3 cords on it if i wanted to retire my ps3,i can take it anywhere without worrying about it not be able to work on a different voltage...very happy

Hi Saini,
thanks for your inputs. Looks like PS4 will be launched in India next week so I will get that. One doubt I have in mind is since I have unlocked most of the stuff in BF4 can I carry those stuff in PS4 or need to start all over again. If I need to start fresh it will be a bit irritating.

Thanks.

From what I've heard, the progress will carry over from 360 to XBone and from ps3 to ps4. I don't think it'll carry over from 360 to ps3 though.

One more thing to keep in mind if you're going for ps4. Make sure you're fine with the controller. It's supposedly a lot improved compared to ps3 controller but the different analog sticks placement and lighter weight overall might not feel as good as your 360 remote does. Nothing you can't get used to over time but could be an annoyance at first.

From what I've heard, the progress will carry over from 360 to XBone and from ps3 to ps4. I don't think it'll carry over from 360 to ps3 though.

One more thing to keep in mind if you're going for ps4. Make sure you're fine with the controller. It's supposedly a lot improved compared to ps3 controller but the different analog sticks placement and lighter weight overall might not feel as good as your 360 remote does. Nothing you can't get used to over time but could be an annoyance at first.

Yes I read that too in some places. Even in the same platform the migration isn't that smooth as expected. Controller will be an issue. Even with xbox 360 they have changed many things between batllefield 3 and 4 . X used to be reload in battlefield 3 now it is used as the button to enter or exit vehicle. It happened many times specially flying choppers I accidentally bailed out pressing the X button thinking I am reloading the rockets. :)

Last edited:
Yes I read that too in some places. Even in the same platform the migration isn't that smooth as expected. Controller will be an issue. Even with xbox 360 they have changed many things between batllefield 3 and 4 . X used to be reload in battlefield 3 now it is used as the button to enter or exit vehicle. It happened many times specially flying choppers I accidentally bailed out pressing the X button thinking I am reloading the rockets. :)

well i think that offer was for a limited time only, maybe its already expired or it is available till march...yes the controller layout is changed a bit from ps3 but it will take only a few hours to get used to it..

if you do decide to get a ps4 and bf4 please be sure to add me on PS4 and join my casual clan on Battlelog...

MY PSN ID: Dj_saini
Clan : India In Trance..

just to let u know i play on hardcore mode...

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back