The future of loudspeakers

music should also be produced on the fly as per listeners taste, put in some instruments and name of a vocalist and you have got wonderful sounds all throughtout the room as per listeners taste, no more listening to same songs again and again.
Silence is still Bliss

. Really not too far. I don't know how they are managing it, but these guys are well 25 yrs ahead of us. They are trying to do it what we only started now to think about. Serious R&D seems to have become part of their culture. Scientific Attitude matters.

. Really not too far. I don't know how they are managing it, but these guys are well 25 yrs ahead of us. They are trying to do it what we only started now to think about. Serious R&D seems to have become part of their culture. Scientific Attitude matters.

They are not ahead, we are actually behind in times. Take some more

Have we thought about simulating our brain to receive acoustic signal?

My point is....the way we perceive sound or when we listen a great system with our favorite music, some sort of elecro chemical signal is processed by our brain. Going forward if we can analyze that pattern and send the signal directly to the brain using AI enabled computers won't we be able to listen similar sound. This would be kind of augmented reality but for sound.

Keeping in mind that human being don't use most part of their brain and a lot is unexplored in that area.

This would take evolution for many centuries to get adapted and evolved. Sound from spekers are very recent phenomena - not more than 100 years. It took far more time for human beings to be even civilized.

My point is....the way we perceive sound or when we listen a great system with our favorite music, some sort of elecro chemical signal is processed by our brain. Going forward if we can analyze that pattern and send the signal directly to the brain using AI enabled computers won't we be able to listen similar sound. This would be kind of augmented reality but for sound.

Keeping in mind that human being don't use most part of their brain and a lot is unexplored in that area.

I think your are suggesting a form of telepathy. IMO sending signal directly to brain may not become possible simply because brain receives ultimate signals through chain of processes involving sensory organs which act within a body in unison. It is highly improbable to mimic such processes externally and without biology. Also if brain is fed with such signals, it would hamper or disconnect sensory organ inputs till such time the waves are there loss of equilibrium of body. That is not in the interest of the person.

This is way beyond science at the moment. Even VR for sound is too difficult as our survival depends on our hearing and our brain is developed not to be tricked by sounds, it judges them instantly not to be fooled. See we cannot ever close our ears like our eyes. brain is forever receiving sounds There have been experiments that show how difficult it is to bear total silence. We can create software that can be run on hardware, we can create other ai brains and even emotions in them, but it's debatable if we will be able to modify our own senses biologically, an act of God that would be. If it comes to be possible then we don't need music or audio to keep entertain ourselves, we would be able to create juices and chemicals far more pleasurable than audio, we would be able to create emotions at will, it's an utterly destructive thought that would lead to end of human civilisation, there will be nothing to live for.

Except for companies who makes speakers none of the universities or research centers are interested in loudspeaker tech advancements anymore. Every audio research is on machine learning, object based sound reproduction, wave field synthesis and binaural audio. Future of loudspeakes is going to be what we have now. With just some more materials for cones just like what it used to be since 70s another material,another cabinet shape another improvement claim.... Where in reality it's all sideways improvement.

I really wish someone invented anothermethod of producing sound that movie the air with a loudspeaker cone.

Except for companies who makes speakers none of the universities or research centers are interested in loudspeaker tech advancements anymore. Every audio research is on machine learning, object based sound reproduction, wave field synthesis and binaural audio. Future of loudspeakes is going to be what we have now. With just some more materials for cones just like what it used to be since 70s another material,another cabinet shape another improvement claim.... Where in reality it's all sideways improvement.

I really wish someone invented anothermethod of producing sound that movie the air with a loudspeaker cone.

Right. Loudspeakers are still a luxury and not a need for most folks in society. Other day one FM mentioned, "Example: my uncle saw my system and asked if he could get a surround system for 4-5k. My reply : my speaker cables cost more than that " (" https://www.hifivision.com/threads/i-want-to-be-a-dealer-of-hifi-av-ht-component.61532/post-795146 )

Companies wont spend resources on R&D where the payback is not enough or very slow. It would develop as a sidekick with some more 'mainstream' need/ item. Till then its development crawls.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back