The Giveaway Thread

After my father passed on several moths ago, I were tasked with gathering and sorting his possessions so my mom could go through them later, after she’d had some time to grieve and collect herself.

It took me a while to go through my father’s things... going through someone’s stuff after that person dies can be a real task.

I started sorting through trying to decide what to do with everything. I cleared the mounds of clothes, medical equipment and gave away everything to the old age home.

Mostly what needed to be cleaned out was the room where he had stored the detritus of his hobbies. I know, I felt if I kept his things… then a part of him would always be with me. But trying to keep a person alive by surrounding yourself with the stuff that he or she cherished is just a dream. In reality, death is as natural as life, and possessions will never bring that person back.

I managed to get a few boxes and parts from his old building days… here's what I've found, no idea what some things might be useful for at this point in time.

To begin with here are some cassette tapes from his collection over the years (around 250, may be even more)... there are lot of other things not particularly related to AV though.
Will post as i sort them out and take pics.

View attachment 39358

View attachment 39359

I would love to have them, if still available.

Hello, everyone

I have a "Himedia H8 octa core" android box with me since last 3-4 years. Its in good condition. I ditched it after getting Nvidia Shield.
Anyone interested to take it, most welcome.
I would mostly prefer local pick-up. Kindly send me PM

Hello, everyone

I have a "Himedia H8 octa core" android box with me since last 3-4 years. Its in good condition. I ditched it after getting Nvidia Shield.
Hi, if you are open to shipping I have been thinking of trying an android box. Shipping will be borne by me if you agree on shipping.
Regards
Lakshay Goel

Hello, everyone

Hi Can I be second in line if you agree on Shipping. I will of course pay for the courier.

Regards..

Hello, everyone

Third in line If you are willing to ship. Ofcourse I will bear the shipping. That way I won't need to change my dumb TV which I was planning to do.

After my father passed on several moths ago, I were tasked with gathering and sorting his possessions so my mom could go through them later, after she’d had some time to grieve and collect herself.

It took me a while to go through my father’s things... going through someone’s stuff after that person dies can be a real task.

I started sorting through trying to decide what to do with everything. I cleared the mounds of clothes, medical equipment and gave away everything to the old age home.

Mostly what needed to be cleaned out was the room where he had stored the detritus of his hobbies. I know, I felt if I kept his things… then a part of him would always be with me. But trying to keep a person alive by surrounding yourself with the stuff that he or she cherished is just a dream. In reality, death is as natural as life, and possessions will never bring that person back.

I managed to get a few boxes and parts from his old building days… here's what I've found, no idea what some things might be useful for at this point in time.

To begin with here are some cassette tapes from his collection over the years (around 250, may be even more)... there are lot of other things not particularly related to AV though.
Will post as i sort them out and take pics.

View attachment 39358

View attachment 39359

My condolences for your loss. I can understand the grief you and your family had to go through, having been through it myself many years ago.

Fourth in line for the media player including shipping to be paid by me. I want to try a media player to see how it inter plays with my dumb TV. If it does not work out then I put it back on the giveaway.

Now that most of the sorting is done, told my Mom about my intentions of giving away certain things on our forum, particularly the cassettes.
She silently got up and went into her room, and to my surprise returned with a list of the tapes.
Told she found it the file containing Dads documents... don't know for what reasons he prepared this list and how close it will tally but, this is a lot helpful for you to go through it and select.

BTW the collection contains a mix of original and recorded tapes... don't know which serial no. is what. :confused:

1 001.jpg2 001.jpg3 001.jpg4 001.jpg5 001.jpg6 001.jpg7 001.jpg

1569408836024.jpeg

1569408927303.jpeg

Last edited:
Now that most of the sorting is done, told my Mom about my intentions of giving away certain things on our forum, particularly the cassettes.
She silently got up and went into her room, and to my surprise returned with a list of the tapes.
Told she found it the file containing Dads documents... don't know for what reasons he prepared this list and how close it will tally but, this is a lot helpful for you to go through it and select.

BTW the collection contains a mix of original and recorded tapes... don't know which serial no. is what. :confused:

View attachment 39403View attachment 39404View attachment 39405View attachment 39406View attachment 39407View attachment 39408View attachment 39409

View attachment 39410

View attachment 39411

I would love to take these, if still available, especially the Carnatic classical and old Hindi ones.

View attachment 39403View attachment 39404View attachment 39405View attachment 39406View attachment 39407View attachment 39408View attachment 39409

View attachment 39410

View attachment 39411

I would like to have the Telugu, Hindi & Devotional.

At the least I want the 51. Suneetha rao .. Paree and other hits, if others already taken.

Hi
Hydrovac
Had I been in your or even around/near your place, I would have cherished the gems once possessed by your father. However I would want to convey my condolences for your loss .But friend please think for some timebefore you give away those as a forum friend has already suggested. Don't know whether I am right or wrong but can't refrain from telling you. Please don't mind.
Regards

I would love to have the classical and devotional lot, but Krishna, I would like you to ponder over the stuff before you actually give it away. Think before you actually dispose. Thanks

Hi
Hydrovac
Had I been in your or even around/near your place, I would have cherished the gems once possessed by your father. However I would want to convey my condolences for your loss. But friend please think for some time before you give away those as a forum friend has already suggested. Don't know whether I am right or wrong but can't refrain from telling you. Please don't mind.
Regards

I am a bit embarrassed to ask... can you please be more specific with your thoughts?

Padosaan - Page 2 serial no 43
Tamil - Page 7 serial no 1 to 35

Hindi Film Songs
24, 41,42, 45,49, 51, 61, 66,68,74,79,81

Carnatic Instrumental
1 to 14

Thanks.

I will sort them out and update.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Krishna,
Here go my thoughts. That collection is your father's. His passion, his music, his selection, his loves.
Maybe if you keep these keepsakes, some of his music or tastes will remind you of him though it may be anything, one never knows.
I am myself in a bereavement stage despite it being 1.5 years ago though my father is still alive. It is someone else in my case.
Anyways, my thought is that you should hold on until you and your mother can clearly see what you want to do with his things be it musical or non musical.
I have no thought of stopping someone else getting the tapes/things.
My two cent thoughts that's all.
Vinod

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back