The Hyderabad Audio meet 2013

Hi Hyderabadis,

Some of you might be thinking of confirming participation closer to the date once all the details are frozen. However the organizers have to have a firm number of participants to work with to enable demo planning/booking of halls and cost per head calculation. Request all of you to consider participation and register - Can we have this week end as the deadline for confirming.

Also it will be great if FMs from other citys dove tail their travel plans to be able to participate in this meet.

Organizers: Is there a list of Hyderabadi FMs to whom we can send PMs.

Thatis the way to go. It is possible that people miss the thread if they are logging in regularly. In fact, organisers must also call up known members if they have not updated the spreadsheet as it is possible that they are not logging into hifivision at all. You have to make up the numbers somehow.

if anyone is interested in listening to HRT MS2, then i can bring that but obviously we need a laptop which i dont have. lets see if anyone will bring a laptop.

this is news to me too and yes, please update the cost details.

Also guys, i dont find any one talking about portable gear and headphones. Is someone else interested in bringing/listening-to portable gear? i can bring 2 IEMs and OB Headphones.

Hey Yuvaraki, I would suggest you approach any other FMs too, especially if you know anyone who's not too active on the forum & also those who would be interested in sharing or bringing gear. About the costs its almost finalized and will be put up in a new post so that most of the people gets a glimpse of it ;)

Hi Hyderabadis,

Some of you might be thinking of confirming participation closer to the date once all the details are frozen. However the organizers have to have a firm number of participants to work with to enable demo planning/booking of halls and cost per head calculation. Request all of you to consider participation and register - Can we have this week end as the deadline for confirming.

Also it will be great if FMs from other citys dove tail their travel plans to be able to participate in this meet.

Appreciate the comment and I would also be glad if people give their contact information via PM ASAP to me or the other organizers to make things more streamlined

Thatis the way to go. It is possible that people miss the thread if they are logging in regularly. In fact, organisers must also call up known members if they have not updated the spreadsheet as it is possible that they are not logging into hifivision at all. You have to make up the numbers somehow.

Yes Capn.. we are already on it ;)

Already doing that Capt. Most of previous years FMs confirmed. List is 29 now

Great to know. Put a deadline so that you can work out the per member participation fees. Those wanting to attend thereafter would be required to pay the full cost as the sponsors' contribution has already been accounted for while working out the participation fee of confirmed members.

Hi All,

i have a long list of FLAC songs and few 24/96 songs that i have but as i understand we will be shortlisting songs on the basis of the genre. I need some help in classifying the genres for the collection that i have. I uploaded screen-shots of my collection below. Please check the list and suggest few songs that you are interested in listening to. I will update those on the sheet.

Imageshack - flac1.png
Imageshack - flac2.png
Imageshack - hd2496.jpg

Also, guys i have a tiny basic T-amp called Dayton Audio DTA 1. If anyone is interested in listening to it, i can bring it along. However i need someone to bring speakers in the range of CA S30 or JBL Control 1. Please let me know.

Also to be able to demo my USB DAC, HRT MS2, we will need a laptop/pc. If anyone can bring that, it would be great!

Wow, dont know how I missed this. BTW I got into Hyd just now and will be here for the weekend for a recruitment drive. Mostly I might be here next weekend as well for another round of recruitment, but the plans are not confirmed yet. If am here then I would love to come over and meet you fellow members, if it ok. Dont mind paying a last minute entry fee.

B Rgds,
Raj.

Guys Sorry I may not be able to make it to the place. Just now got discharged from hospital.

Hey Andy sure wish you would be able to make it .. Cmon.. Am sure that you d be fine by the D day!!! :)

Sorry guys,

My brother travelling to US during the same weekend. I am tangled up elsewhere.
Thanks
Pandu

Awww dang it!!! :sad:

Wow, dont know how I missed this. BTW I got into Hyd just now and will be here for the weekend for a recruitment drive. Mostly I might be here next weekend as well for another round of recruitment, but the plans are not confirmed yet. If am here then I would love to come over and meet you fellow members, if it ok. Dont mind paying a last minute entry fee.

B Rgds,
Raj.

Hi Rajgopal, Glad that you are around and also would really like to have you with us .. Hope you don get the pick of the candidates so that youd stick around for the meet.. :D:p In any case would like to have a contact number for further use

Regards
Sarin :)

Hey everyone!!!

Well I know this thread has not been moving up @ a great speed.. not even @ a good speed. Partially because most of the things like the venue have been settled NOT!!!

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:Surprise Surprise!!!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
Guys and gals(Darn it!!if only there were any of the later ;)) In an effort to have all of you experience a better meet and also in an effort to better ourselves as the organizers we have found a new venue which has got 2 separate board rooms and this time we've got a good Lunch menu and also Tea n cookies in the morning and evening..!!!

Wondering about the Venue...

Regenta One
1346836999523.jpg

Regenta One - Hyderabad,
115/1, ISB Road,
Financial District, Nanakramguda,
Gachibowli, Hyderabad - 500 032.
Location On MAP !!!
19797429.png

Some enticing pictures for your reference

Regenta one

Well now we all know that good things come with a price but we've made it much easy for you and A token fee of 400 Rs should do the trick. Way reasonable right, I know!!!! so step right up folks b'cause time is of the essence and we are getting close to the D-Day.. This fee is for the first 30 People after which the token fee would be as per the Hotel charges ie 950/- Rs inclusive or all taxes .... which is unavoidable..

Few things that you have to keep in mind to make everything fully functional and this meet a success are

• PM me(Rud3dawg) or Sachin(s_sachin)for Account details
  • While transfering please add your <HFV handle+ guests number><Space>for<Space><HYDmeet> eg: Rud3dawg+1 for HYDmeet
  • You are only confirmed after the money transfer
  • I will be offline from Sunday night till Tuesday night but will try and keep up with the $$ transfers
  • The spreadsheet will be updated with a new column everyday after getting the funds.

so please PM me with your response with your email id(If needed ) so that you get the account details to transfer the money and hope to wrap this up very quickly so that we can make this a more memorable event

Just to keep you updated and also for your convinience I am adding the required links here along with the Spreadsheet with confirmation status as well

1. Attendees list along with gear

2. Test songs/tracks list

3. Confirmation Spreadsheet

:):):):):D:D:D:):):)

Last edited:
Guys - There has been a lot of hard work put in so far in getting confirmations from sponsors and the venue finalized. We did not have 2 separate rooms in the earlier venue and we had to hunt for a new venue in a short time.
I know this is out of town for city folks, but I would urge you to make it. We have now got nice listening rooms and a sweet deal with the food and yes some great gear to listen to !!!

Do confirm at the earliest !

btw I did the "bony" Sarin :) Transferred for me + 2 . Please confirm us

Guys please PM Sachin(S_Sachin) for the account details to transfer the token fee.. I will be travelling for the next 2 days

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back