The Hyderabad Audio meet 2013

Are we at an end of day one on completion of meet...

Sarin,

Can you update what are the gears displayed and combination played and of course your opinion please:)

Hey Srini.. Sorry about the delay in posting.. well I am sorry to update you with very little information because I was unable to concentrate on any of those listening sessions.. :( but here goes...
I will be posting the Sponsors gear now.. and request the FMs to post their gears also.. I ll try and add pics with relative names soon enough.. I ll try editing this post to add FM equipment too :)

Analog Audio labs:

A-150
4xKT-88 (JJTesla) upgrade-able to 6550 tubes
5x12AX7 tubes
50Watts per channel

A-130i

6L6GC X 4 , 12AX7 X 2 , 12AU7 X 2
30W per channel
Inputs: LINE 1, LINE 2, LINE 3, AUX, USB

A101i

18W per channel
Tubes:6N1 X 2 , 6E2 X 1
Inputs: AUX, USB

Fountek P-3112 bookshelves

Frequency response: 34Hz - 40kHz
Impedance: 8 Ohms
Sensitivity: 89 dB
Power rating: 10W - 200W

2" true ribbon tweeter was definitely appealing to me..

Cables and interconnects:

Xindak SF-Silver interconnects

The Audio People

1) Speakers : Thiel CS2.4
Power-Amplifiers : 2 x Bryston 7BSST Monoblock Amplifiers

Pre-Amp : Bryston BP6

2) Speakers : M&K Sound 950F towers
Subs : 2 x SB-12
Power-Amplifier : Bryston 3BSST
Pre-Amp : Musical Fidelity A5

3) Speakers : Monitor Audio GX300
Integrated-Amplifier : Musical Fidelity M6i

All wires used were from Straightwire and the CD Player is Musical Fidelity M6.

This I guess is should do... for Sponsors list ..:rolleyes:

Last edited:
last set folks...

dscf9623c.jpg

dscf9624g.jpg

dscf9625lf.jpg

dscf9626h.jpg

dscf9627.jpg

dscf9628.jpg

dscf9630m.jpg

dscf9631e.jpg

dscf9632i.jpg

dscf9633m.jpg

dscf9634u.jpg

dscf9635g.jpg

dscf9636a.jpg

dscf9637s.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks a lot Sareen, Aman, Sachin for organizing such a beautiful event. Sorry for not able to participate in organizing as I was in the process of moving into a new Job. Thanks for the sponsors for participating and showing some excellent gear. Made many new friends too. This event was much bigger than the last year's event. Looking forward for next year and hoping to participate in organizing the event.

A special Thanks to Aman and Sareen and the other folks. I'm really feeling bad that I couldn't make it due to my illness. Would be great if we couple of folks can meet on a weekend. Not and Audio Video Meet but just a casual meet.

What say Sachin, Sarin, Aman, Sajjad, Blasto, Krishna, Pandu?

Is this only for the people who attended or includes people whose email addresses you have? Can I have pics sent to my email address as well please?

I have uploaded the pics voa imageshack. Will be sending emails to all the members who attended. You can pm me your email address. . I cant send the pics as huge in size so just imageshack.:)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

So, how did you like the Fountek speakers? :)

Haven't really found any reviews on these yet, so perhaps someone here would be so kind as to give me one?

Even i would like to read reviews by Guru's who were present that day. I personally, wanted to compare these reviews with my observations, which by the way wont be much detailed, before posting my thoughts. :). I hope to see some more senior FMs share their thoughts about each of the gear that we had the pleasure of listening to.

So, how did you like the Fountek speakers? :)

Haven't really found any reviews on these yet, so perhaps someone here would be so kind as to give me one?

Couldn't find any reviews but some details about these speakers here:

Designed from the start for tube amp lovers, they are an easy to drive 89db with an impedance of 8ohms.
You do not have to sacrifice bass with these effcient speakers. They spot a pair of powerful 12" woofers and goes down to 34hz.

74802_10151049392976439_943319261_n.jpg

Using Fountek's latest Neo X1.0 ribbon to giving you purer & higher highs purer than any silk dome tweeter up to 40khz. Being behind a waveguide, your imaging and soundstaging remains rock solid & expansive even in live rooms.

423726_10151049398071439_1675507681_n.jpg

An advanced 5" midrange with cast aluminum frame and a humongous magnet. With a special dimpled cone, the midrange is lush and smooth yet is transparent and tonally balanced.

423726_10151049398066439_1471587529_n.jpg

Bass woofer has cast aluminum frame, superb ventilation of the voicecoil to cool it quickly and a very hefty magnet/motor system

High end crossover using only audiophile components. This allows the speaker to have a program power handling of 200w with peaks of 300w.

Couldn't find any reviews but some details about these speakers here:

Designed from the start for tube amp lovers, they are an easy to drive 89db with an impedance of 8ohms.
You do not have to sacrifice bass with these effcient speakers. They spot a pair of powerful 12" woofers and goes down to 34hz.

Using Fountek's latest Neo X1.0 ribbon to giving you purer & higher highs purer than any silk dome tweeter up to 40khz. Being behind a waveguide, your imaging and soundstaging remains rock solid & expansive even in live rooms.

An advanced 5" midrange with cast aluminum frame and a humongous magnet. With a special dimpled cone, the midrange is lush and smooth yet is transparent and tonally balanced.

Bass woofer has cast aluminum frame, superb ventilation of the voicecoil to cool it quickly and a very hefty magnet/motor system

High end crossover using only audiophile components. This allows the speaker to have a program power handling of 200w with peaks of 300w.

Yup, I been through the specs several times looking for peoples opinions on these speakers. This might sound weird, but I recently bought them myself, and enjoying them I might add :) but I'm very curious about how others perceive them. And because I haven't found anyone else on "local" forums and sites, yet, I thought I'd ask you guys as I saw they were displayed and demonstrated on this event of yours :)

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back