The Movies I Liked

Thought to update few movie I saw, its been a long time I did an update

Crazy! Stupid! Love! ..... nice rom com ... our protagnoist Steve Carell is loosing his wife an marriage when the young dashing sexy Ryan Gosling comes to rescue ..... what happenes next is what the movie is about ....... 6.2/10

Dead Man;s Shoes ...A disaffected soldier (Considine) returns to his hometown to get even with the thugs who brutalized his mentally-challenged brother (Kebbell) years ago. .... 6.5/10

Harry Brown ....... An elderly ex-serviceman and widower looks to avenge his best friend's murder by doling out his own form of justice .........6.8/10

Harry Brown was the best its something like Death Wish, but a bit more subtle, Michael Caine performance was worth watching.

RED [2010] & RED 2 [2013]

Red (2010) - IMDb

RED 2 (2013) - IMDb

A very good Action/Drama movie. Story is okay in both. Has got some good humor in it which keeps the viewer entertained. Good screenplay, cinematography. Very good background score. Bruce Willis was okay, but John Malkovich, he's the center of attraction in this movie, absolutely funny and hilarious. Also Brain Cox and Helen Mirren were good in their performance. The relationship between all the characters is brought out very well. Some good action sequences (with a touch of Rajinikanth'ish style). And Byung-hun Lee was an icing on the cake in part 2 with some good martial arts. Totally worth a watch.

Cheers.

That same director is David Fincher, anyone who reads this DO NOT MISS any movie from this incredible director, my one of the best directors.
Below are his movies and I have seen all.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Social Network
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Zodiac
Panic Room
Fight Club
The Game
Se7en
Alien

My top from above is Seven, not just because of DF, but mind boggling and incredibly terrifying performance by Kevin Spacey .... no to be missed by any movie buff.

Seen all movies and all are just awesome. My choice in order

The Game
Fight Club
Se7en
Zodiac
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Alien
Panic Room
The Social Network

^^^ Damm Social network in the last, and I thought it was a damm good movie. My preference in order .

Se7en
The Social Network
The Game
Zodiac
Panic Room
The Girl With the dragon Tattoo
Aliens 3
Fight Club

Yes Yes I know Fight Club for me was the least enjoyable, there is reason. As a movie it was damm good but I did nto like the ending (the twist as we all say). And again there is a reason I did not like that twist. If anyone cares and can relate, its the same reason I did not like the ending of Identity despite of the fact the over all movie was gripping like anything.

Last edited:
Watched Hitchcock (2012) yesterday and I really liked it. It was based on the Director Alfred Hitchcock and his wife, when he was planning to shoot his All Time Favorite movie "Psycho". If you like his movie "Psycho" then you should watch this movie too as he has shown how it was made and many things behind the scenes of movie "Psycho" (how they were made and what was his (Hitchcock) mental situation.
scarlett-johansson-as-janet-leigh.jpg

Hichkok_Hitchcock_2012_WEB-DLRip_1080p_%5BZvuk_s_TS%5D_1361606472-664022.jpeg

maxresdefault.jpg

^^^ Damm Social network in the last, and I thought it was a damm good movie.

As I already said all movies are awesome but "The Social Network" is kind of slow movie and the movie was running on two tracks (however it was necessary part) what happened in the reality and in the court/discussions scenes, that made me to put that at the bottom of my list.

Front of the Class (2008)

Recently, I watched this movie "Front of the Class" for the 2nd time and thought of sharing with you all. It is very emotional, touchy and inspirational movie to watch. Fun though. Great acting by James Wolk.

Thank you so much for sharing the review.
I had this movie in my HDD since long, but never got a chance to watch it.
Watched it right after coming from office today and loved it... Heart touching drama indeed!!

Thank you so much for sharing the review.
I had this movie in my HDD since long, but never got a chance to watch it.
Watched it right after coming from office today and loved it... Heart touching drama indeed!!

You are welcome. Glad that you liked it too.
I watched it twice in span of like 2 yrs.

ok if you like this genre, try a suggestion from my end as well......

Inside I'm Dancing

Last edited:
Gangster Squad ......... pure simple entertaining action fun. I enjoyed this movie. Dont think it to be Martin Scorsese with some depth, and you will love the movie. Plot is simple a group of cops goes under cover to bring down the mob, by hook or by crook and thats it. War begins. The end shoot our was enjoyable on HT. ......... I'd give it a 6.8/10

Run [2013]

Run (2013) - IMDb

An average Action/Drama movie. Story is okay, nothing great. Some good Parkour by William Moseley. Nice cinematography. Watch this movie only if you like Parkour.

Runner Runner [2013]

Runner Runner (2013) - IMDb

A good Crime/Drama movie. Story is fine, about getting cheated on online poker. The story get's interesting as the movie progresses. Okay performance by Justin Timberlake and Ben Affleck.

Safe Haven [2013]

Safe Haven (2013) - IMDb

A very good Thriller/Drama movie with a touch of romance. Story is good. Nice background score. Good performance by Julianne Hough and Mimi Kirkland. The movie ends both with a mix of weired and good sense. Worth a watch.

Seal Team Six : The Raid on Osama Bin Laden [2012]

Seal Team Six: The Raid on Osama Bin Laden (TV Movie 2012) - IMDb

A good War/Drama movie in documentary style. Story is about Operation Neptune Spear. Good watch.

Cheers.

I'm sure most of you have not watched this gem, but if you have then you are true movie lover.

The Seventh Horse of the Sun

The Seventh Horse of the Sun (1993) - IMDb

A man shares some lazy memories about his friend, Manek Mulla, who had a knack for telling stories. On this particular afternoon, Manek narrates a 'unique' love affair with the help of different stories, various characters' point of views and the social relevance of these stories. As these stories proceed, reality mixes with fiction.

One of Benegal's best films.

I'm sure most of you have not watched this gem, but if you have then you are true movie lover.

The Seventh Horse of the Sun

The Seventh Horse of the Sun (1993) - IMDb
One of Benegal's best films.

I haven't seen this movie but I almost forgot about Rajit Kapoor. Byomkesh Bakshi was one of my all time fav TV show. I never missed a single episode when I was a kid. Thank you for posting this.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back