The Movies I Liked

Edge of tomorrow ...wowo just as I was thinking Hollywood was also running out of sci fi original ideas..... With EOT, the stuck in time loop is not the original thing, but how that timeline is made to manipulate and move the story ahead is thought provoking, and the ending seriously leaves you with lot to think and ponder across how the time line works in the movie. As I said the concept is not new but execution certainly is .......

Tom Cruise is not getting gold seriously, he looks as gracious as ever. The humor part is also well done, and scifi action is (do I have to even mention) ... top notch and gritty.

7/10 for this one ...

Last edited:
Reviews are mediocre coz The Mechanic is poor, remake of the classic 1972 movie with the same name starring Charles Bronson. Not coz of the plot. Plot is what makes this movie unique ....

Memories of Murder (2003) - IMDb

Saw this after so many good reviews in this forum.

The film starts slowly,almost goofishly. But as the murders pile up, the intrigue does too.

The ending is really good and will surprise you.

Only my second Korean movie, and both have been superb (Oldboy was the other one).

Love Me If You Dare (2003) - IMDb

One of the craziest love stories I have ever seen.

The story is of two kids who dare each other to do crazy things for a treasure box. The dares get crazier and crazier and takes very dark undertones.

The dares sometimes takes them closer sometimes make them hate each other.

Some of the parts are really hard to digest, go for it if you like really original but whacky movies.

Asian movies are lots of surprises..

If you like memories of a murder ..do watch chaser.

Anyone a fan of takeshi Kitano here?

Love hanabi, sonatine,violent cop...please watch these movies!!

Kim ki duk is my other fav - his movies I liked were bin jip and the seasons series

Stalker by tarkovsky is a great movie too...must watch for anyone who wants a treat of a movie.

I am minutes away from watching the grand Budapest hotel released this year starring Ralph fiennes...

Some movies I've caught up on recently...

Edge of Tomorrow (2014) - IMDb - Really loved it. Tom's back in excellent form and Emily Blunt is a revelation as an action star.

Homefront (2013) - IMDb - Could have been better. Jason is his usual self. Kate is totally wasted and you wonder whatever happened to Winona. Franco is ok but again wasted. The daughter had more to do and more characterization. Time pass for action fans, Jason fans should like it anyways.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014) - IMDb - I really could not sit through it... seriously Hollywood needs to get off the remake and superhero train. Not fun anymore when its a remake of a remake of a remake.

47 Ronin (2013) - IMDb - Keanu's Hollywood train has come off the rails and while the movie is a decent action fare... its not upto the mark for The Matrix star.

Haywire (2011) - IMDb - Disappointing to say the least. Gina could do much better.

Now for some good stuff...

Ajeossi (2010) - IMDb - Seriously fun. Nothing much in terms of the story, but the action is a high and the treatment is excellent.

Jsan-nin no shikaku (2010) - IMDb - Another brilliant movie. Seriously good cinema that you wish Indian and Hollywood film makers got into. Its not serious or melodrama... I cannot sit through that stuff. I watch movies for entertainment and this is highly entertaining stuff.

House of Flying Daggers (2004) - IMDb - Pure poetry in motion... with the beautiful Zhang Ziyi. Just the beautifully choreographed action makes it worthwhile.

Malayalam has some real amazing movies especially those from the golden age - kireedam is my all time fav from the era.

Thanks turgid for quoting that. that movie cannot be forgotten ever. Also "innale", "manichithrathazhu"( remake as Chandramukhi, Bhool Bhulaiyaa)..to name a few.

Regards
girish:)

Drishyam with Eng subtitles. What a movie . recommend for everyone. Mohanlal what a actor. Direction , cinematography, Background score very good.
After a long time watched a beautiful sensible movie.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back