The Movies I Liked

Batman Vs Superman - Dawn Of Justice....well I guess I am officially board from these so called most of the super hero movies now. Especially with DC I believe. I am not sure how fans and others might take this review. but I was actually bored by BvS-DOJ, especially first half.

The plot was very incoherent at least for me, see the major backdrop of the plot and the title as well, is Batman is pissed off by superman coz of the events of the first film, granted .... and I think 3/4 of the movie is dedicated to establishing this fact only. So much so that BM wants to kill SM for the same. When the moment arrives ..... Batman stops because his mother's first name is the same as Superman's mother's????. And so they become the best of friends, instantly, Just like that. And Batman has no issues any more.... that was sooo lame and so rushed.

The govt has the ship and zods body for I don't know how long, but lex just barges into the ship and does what he needs to do, and no one ever came across the idea that this can be done.

Lex character is so underdeveloped, why does he hate superman ???

Wonder women, no background, she just decides to help at the last moment, where was she in the first movie ..???

I can go on and on ... but lets comes to other aspects .....

Effects well no doubt good and top class level, but was there anything that made it special, not seen, unique .... nope, I didn't find any ....
let's assume and give the benefit of the continuity, and try to enjoy the last battle ...... but as soon as you start to get the hang of it ,,, it ends, the climax was so short and underdeveloped.

All scenes with batmobile and the gadgets were just ok, The dark knight was way too far better when it came to showing batman and his persona on the screen

Well, I did not like Zack Snyder anyway, did not like any of his movies except "watchman" and "Dawn of the dead" maybe. ,.....I am not very excited that he is carrying the torch for DC with JL part one and two.

I think Marvel is way ahead with their franchise and characters, even though there are disappointments in their line of movies as well .... ...6/10 for DOJ

Last edited:
Watched "The Man from UNCLE" - what a movie!!! Great acting, comedy, action, entertainment. Never knew Henry Cavill can act this good - didn't like him that much in Superman. Looking forward to the next in the series if they ever make it

Hope you have seen Snach and Lock Stock and two smoking barrel from the same director (Guy Ritchie), which are much much better films than The man from uncle ....

Watched "Kingsman - the secret service". I liked the feel of the movie, the action scenes were spectacular. I did not like the plot that much and felt it dragged a little too much. I hope they make a better sequel.
Also watched "The Hateful Eight". I am a Quentin Tarantino and western fan and this movie hit all the right notes. The filming and direction is spectacular and like all Tarantino movies there is a lot of style and originality in narration.
Been a good extended weekend overall.

Hope you have seen Snach and Lock Stock and two smoking barrel from the same director (Guy Ritchie), which are much much better films than The man from uncle ....
No, i haven't, i put them on my watchlist. But i simply loved the u.n.c.l.e. movie, thank you.

Don Verdean (2015)
A self-professed biblical archaeologist who has fallen on hard times starts to bend the truth in order to continue inspiring the faithful.A satirical comedy.

The Preppie Connection (2015)
A student to gain popularity/acceptance at a prep school travels to Colombia to try and smuggle cocaine back into the United States.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) - IMDb

While Sam9 has already reviewed the movie, I will try to do the same without giving too many spoilers.

I went to this movie with a very negative frame of mind - one due to the reviews and second because I just didnt like Zach Snyders :Man of Steel.

While the movie does take time to build the premise and the reconciliation and future are sped up, I felt the movie did manage to make the viewers and the fans of each character understand why their superhero feels the way they do.

Loved Ben Afleck's Batman, Henry Cavill could have been replaced by a stone and you wouldnt know the difference. Amy adams is horrible as Ms. Lane. Gal Gabot showed a lot of promise but the character was very underplayed.

Loved the last scenes and the ending and which I felt did redeem the movie and set the tone for the future movies.

Overall a 7/10. Not a Dark Knight or any of the series but better than MoS.

^^ Dammm I forgot to put spoilers ahead ...... reading your post reminded me .... MODS, can you put SPOILERS ahead of my DOJ review.

BTW MoS was still better for me than DoJ ... :)

Oddball (2015)
A chicken farmer and his granddaughter train a dog to protect a penguin sanctuary from foxes.

**A definite weekend watch with family and kids.

Watched "Jungle Book 3D" in the local multiplex. What an experience!! It is the new reference in 3D after Tintin. Not the usual gimmicks but great depth throughout the movie. The sound effects are great too. The story, screenplay everything was perfect. I did not like the new Kung fu panda and was sort of keeping my expectation low on this one but boy was i wrong!! This is a terrific and intense movie, the new reference in CGI, 3D and sound design. Waiting to buy the blu ray when it's out

Last edited:
I also want to watch the hindi version to see how Nana Patekar's voice for Shere Khan has come out. Idris Elba voice in the English version is terrifying

Captain America : Civil Wars ....Much Much Much better than BvS, and dont say those are two different movies, they arent, the comparison is inevitable. This is what BvS should be. Loved it. I know Russo Brothers would not let me down, since CA:WS became my one of the top super hero movie. I am so glad that they are moving with the Marvel torch with Infinity wars, same can not be said for DC. The vs part was the best part in the movie both when the sides fought lightly and when they found with actual anger. BvS ...I was snoring by the time two came together. Here the entire hall was clapping and cheering. The spider man character was handled splendidly. Over all very satisfying movie ....7/10 for this one ..

Everest (2015) ... What a god damm powerful movie was this ..... Though my all fav time trek climbing movie (real or fictitious) remain the ultimate power house Touching the void, Everest does come close. Being very close to actual events it was even more horrifying, as was with touching the void. The performances are good enough andthe effects are spot on. I would like to specially mention the sound track, which was shattering, woofer shaking ....... gave a really in to the bizzare weather the movie showed. Over all a must watch ....6.8/10

Secretariat - a very nice story about the legendary award winning race horse, audio effects are to die for

Phenomenon- John Travolta becomes a gifted guy after a UFO experience, nicely told story and the cinematography is brilliant with amazing landscape shots.

DeadPool ...well didn't turn out to be extraordinary, if thats how I can put. With IMDB ratings very shaky and unpredictable in the last 4-5 years. My thumb rule to judge on the ratings has been increased to anything with 8+ from anything with 7+ on IMDB. With 8+ for Deadpool my expectations were a bit high, hence might be the disappointment. I was ok with the humor, it was not bad but neither was it something, I would say made me giggle all he time during the course of the movie. Very much like what Guardians of the galaxy did ....... also the climax action was too short, given the fact that there were only two action sequences in the movie, one at the beginning and one in the last. I loved the violence though ... .............. Deadpool 2 might be better......6.5/10

X-Men: Apocalypse (2016) - IMDb - Disappointing and the weakest of all X-Men movies. The time warp and going back to young Charles Xavier and Magneto has also lost its way/charm, probably a good time to end or reboot the franchise. The first 2 movies were lots of fun, and even the solo Wolverine movies were good action flicks, the new trilogy from X-Men First Class has been its undoing.

Bryan Singer too has hit rock bottom (just like Zack Snyder with BVS). Cannot believe its the same dude who gave us The Usual Suspects, Jack the Giant Slayer, Valkyrie, and the first X-Men movies.

Not worth the ticket, travel, and eating out expenses. Wait for it to air on TV or Netflix.

The greenmile - Man, I was possessing this bluray for some time but didnt get the mood to watch a 3hr movie till now. Today I thought of trying it out and it gripped me till the end without even a single break. Tom Hanks done his part very well, and with the gripping story from Stephen King, it will remain in my top pick list for a while. Worth spending the time....

Dad's Army (2016): A comedy movie based on the BBC television sitcom Dad's Army. Near the end of World War II, the Walmington-on-Sea Home Guard platoon deals with a female journalist (Catherine Zeta Jones) and a German spy.

All the way (2016): President Lyndon B. Johnson (Bryan Cranston) endures a tumultuous first year in office while trying to launch a civil rights bill. Amazing performance by Bryan Cranston

Hard Sell (2016): A poor teen (Skyler Gisondo) and a beautiful runaway (Katrina Bowden) hatch schemes to profit from students at a private schoo

Grow your own (2007): This film centres on a group of gardeners at a Merseyside allotment, who react angrily when a group of refugees are given plots at the site, but after they get to know them better, soon change their minds

DeadPool ...well didn't turn out to be extraordinary, if thats how I can put. With IMDB ratings very shaky and unpredictable in the last 4-5 years. My thumb rule to judge on the ratings has been increased to anything with 8+ from anything with 7+ on IMDB. With 8+ for Deadpool my expectations were a bit high, hence might be the disappointment. I was ok with the humor, it was not bad but neither was it something, I would say made me giggle all he time during the course of the movie. Very much like what Guardians of the galaxy did ....... also the climax action was too short, given the fact that there were only two action sequences in the movie, one at the beginning and one in the last. I loved the violence though ... .............. Deadpool 2 might be better......6.5/10

I completely agree with you on IMDB ratings. Based on 8+ rating on IMDB I purchased the official Bluray copy of this movie, but just found it to be average.

Same I did with "The Reverant" and have heard that it is a very boring movie. IMDB rating is again 8+ for this movie as well.

Don't know which site to trust now for movie ratings!

Thanks.

Regards,

Pushkaraj

DeadPool ...well didn't turn out to be extraordinary, if thats how I can put.

Well! You have to take into account the fact the backstory of how the movie got made. Ryan Reynolds has fought for the movie to be made true to the comics (R-rated and all) for 10 years. That excitement tends to rub on the rating and the box office (highest grossing for an R-rated movie).

With IMDB ratings, my rule of the thumb is to wait for a couple of years. Usually, movies devoid of the initial hype, gravitate towards a somewhat reliable-ish rating. Even then, IMDB ratings serve only as one of the many filters (I have liked movies with 6.3 rating, hated movies with 8.5 rating, so...).

All that said, I still enjoyed Deadpool for what it is. But, my expectations were very, very low because I don't particularly like Ryan Reynolds.

Yes I understand, not saying the rating should be the final judge, I also have loved lots of 6+ rated movies on IMDB. All I am saying if you have to judge a movie say entirly on IMDB ratings and few user reviews, with an 8+ rating and atleat 50,000+ votes its probability of being enjoyed increases, thats all.

Coming to Deadpool, well I had high expectations, Ryan Reynolds is ok, its was not that as much as it was other aspects. R Rated excited me as well frankly, but the violence shown, though is bloody and a bit graphic was not mature. Comedy/witty aspect was also ok, the style was not something that was not done before and better ..... I would expect more from Deadpool 2

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back