The Movies I Liked

Monica O My Darling - 2022
2h 9m

My Rating:- 7/10

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQubo_u_jec&ab

An adaptation of the 1989 Japanese novel Burutasu No Shinzou by Keigo Higashino.

The same story movie was released in...
Brutus' Heart -2011
Original title: Burûtasu no shinzou

The film's title is taken from the 1971 film Caravan's song "Piya Tu Ab To Aja"

A Delightfully Black Comedy Movie...

A young man desperately tries to pull off the perfect murderer.

Watched The Salesman , by Asghar Farhadi. A couple move into an apartment whose former tenant has her stuff lying around. One day the wife is attacked in the bathroom by someone who purportedly came for the earlier occupant. In his hurry he has left behind the keys of his pickup truck which is found parked nearby.
The story involves the husband’s search for the perpetrator and the peculiar retribution he dishes out on him.
The Salesman refers to Death Of The Salesman , the Arthur Miller play. The couple play key roles in its Iranian rendition, snippets of which - rehearsals and staged shows — are shown throughout the movie.
The death of the salesman reference becomes clear in the end , albeit in a way that seems a bit contrived.
Not as engaging as his other movies but a good movie to watch nonetheless for the stellar acting and the insight into the lives of the middle class people of what is an intriguing and fascinating country.

Watched Kumari Malayalam movie. Liked it. Gothic Horror.
If you liked Tumbbad, you probably like this too.
The horror graphic scenes are subpar, but overall the story and theme is good.

Tumbbad is a classic.

Kumari had a superb start. But lost its way.

everything was fine in this movie until the two devils(or whatever they are called) come in to fight, after which it became comical because of the bad vfx and makeup

Watched The Salesman , by Asghar Farhadi. A couple move into an apartment whose former tenant has her stuff lying around. One day the wife is attacked in the bathroom by someone who purportedly came for the earlier occupant. In his hurry he has left behind the keys of his pickup truck which is found parked nearby.
The story involves the husband’s search for the perpetrator and the peculiar retribution he dishes out on him.
The Salesman refers to Death Of The Salesman , the Arthur Miller play. The couple play key roles in its Iranian rendition, snippets of which - rehearsals and staged shows — are shown throughout the movie.
The death of the salesman reference becomes clear in the end , albeit in a way that seems a bit contrived.
Not as engaging as his other movies but a good movie to watch nonetheless for the stellar acting and the insight into the lives of the middle class people of what is an intriguing and fascinating country.
Yes...All his 9 movies are good.

everything was fine in this movie until the two devils(or whatever they are called) come in to fight, after which it became comical because of the bad vfx and makeup
Yes, those devils were very funny even a cartoon character would have been good. The climax part was very hilarious as it seems they did not have the budget for VFX. However, I think Tumbad was far more superior in all aspects than this movie.

Monica O My Darling - 2022
2h 9m

My Rating:- 7/10

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQubo_u_jec&ab

An adaptation of the 1989 Japanese novel Burutasu No Shinzou by Keigo Higashino.

The same story movie was released in...
Brutus' Heart -2011
Original title: Burûtasu no shinzou

The film's title is taken from the 1971 film Caravan's song "Piya Tu Ab To Aja"

A Delightfully Black Comedy Movie...

A young man desperately tries to pull off the perfect murderer.
The retro songs and the background music were the highlight of this movie. The dark comedy worked out in this movie.

The retro songs and the background music were the highlight of this movie. The dark comedy worked out in this movie.
I really enjoyed this movie...Especially Radhika Apte different performance.
Also, Huma Qureshi's ...India's Monica Bellucci

Tumbbad is a classic.
Indeed. I was pleasantly surprised by Tumbbad because mostly Indian horror/thriller turn out to be comedy movies. This is a low budget film but the cinematography beats that of high budget films. The scenes are superb, the colours breathtaking and the fear palpable. Movies like Kantara and others don't even come close to Tumbbad and this was a movie released without any hype and advertizing drama to attract the gullible.

My wife tells me that it is based on a horror story that had become very popular when she was a kid. It is based on Shripad Narayan Pendse's Marathi novel Tumbadche Khot.

Tumbbad is a 2018 Indian Hindi-language period horror film directed by Rahi Anil Barve. Barve began writing the script based on a story a friend had told him about in 1993. He wrote the first draft in 1997, when he was 18 years old. From 2009 to 2010, he created a 700-page storyboard for the film. It was optioned by seven production companies who backed out and went on the floor (went into production) three times. It was first shot in 2012 but after editing, Barve and Shah were not satisfied. The film was then re-written and re-shot with filming completed in May 2015. Tumbbad premiered in the critics' week section of the 75th Venice International Film Festival, becoming the first Indian film to be screened there.

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back