The Movies I Liked

vinay

8MM2 - Thriller

I watched on DVD in 4 x 3 - Full Screen.

A very good movie, a unique ending with a great suspense, the last one minute scene was out of the world. It reminded me of the great last one minute scene of this movie "The Taking Away of Pehlam One Two Three"

It will be nice that other members also post the movies which they have liked.

Last edited:
2 Fast 2 Furious - Action

A good movie, with nice surround effects. Super charged street racing action.

Last edited:

Not a bad idea.

But what are the criteria here?! Are you mentioning movies based on their sound and visual effects or on artistic/cinematic values?

Best Regards.

Thank you very much for the writing.

My criteria is that one should like story line of the movie backed by good picture quality, the sound effects from all speakers with special mention to surround and sub woofer.

Actually if any of the members like some movie for the above or some other reasons, if they put the writing briefly in this thread, it is likely to be a good idea.

Actually i got this new thread's idea from the thread which has been floated by kamal, "Right now I am listening to ... ".

Thank You.

Last edited:
2 Fast 2 Furious - Action

A good movie, with nice surround effects. Super charged street racing action.

If you like street racing action, I would recomened you to watch RONIN. Its not the "FAST AND FURIOUS" kind of movie, but I am sure you would like it or maybe you must have seen it
Released quiet a long back. Not sure about surround effects as i prefer to put on my Sennheiser headphones and watch the movie. Atleast till i have a good HT setup

Re: The Movie I Liked

8MM2 - Thriller

I watched on DVD in 4 x 3 - Full Screen.

A very good movie, a unique ending, the last scene.

I have seen 8MM-part 1. I have no idea when did the second part release. Is Nicolas Cage the main actor in 2nd part as well?

BATMAN BEGINS would for sure have super sound effects and it has recently been released on BLUE-RAY as well

Some movies that are coming to my mind in this regard are?

Fight Club, U-571, Aliens, Apocalypse Now, Das Boot, Incredibles, Monsters Inc., Titan AE, Toystory2, Finding Nemo, Godzilla, Haunting, Gladiator, Blueman Group etc.

Other favorites are LOTR series, Matrix series, Star-war series etc. These moves will test the guts of any sub or surrounds out there!:cool:

I particularly like anything from Pixar. They are just a joy to watch and they excel in the video and audio as well!

I particularly like anything from Pixar. They are just a joy to watch and they excel in the video and audio as well!

Same here UNLEASH :)

And how can we forget one of the biggest action movies of all time
THE JUDGEMENT DAY - TERMINATOR 2

Okay my picks & reference materials are..

SD picks

a. LOTR boxsets (all 3) with DTS tracks
b. Finding nemo (darla tap the tank scene: huge energy)
c. WOTW [pod emerge scene / thunder: 17hz]
d. Haunting & Pulse [Computer room scene goes down to 10hz]
e. Bluman group music concert : chest thump bass
f. Systematic chaos : dreamtheater music concert: just like hitting concrete wall on chest
g. Eagles HFO DTS

high definition / True HD picks

a. Ratatouille: LPCM (thunder strikes)
b. Cars: LCPM (highway music)
c. Happy feet (TRUE HD)
d. Transformers: LPCM (full movie)
e. Batman begins: True HD
f. Matrix Ultimate collection: DTS HD
g. U-571: LPCM (Depth charge)
h. Saawarya LPCM (Hindi)
i. Independence Day TRUE HD
j. Fantastic four True HD (both releases)
k. Pirates of carribian True HD (trilogy)
l. Spiderman trilogy
m. Shakira Oral fixation True HD
n. Nine Inch Nails LPCM
o. Queen Rock in Montreol LPCM
p. Eagles final tour LPCM
q. Destiny Child Live in Atlanta LPCM

Cannot forget that one, for sure! When it took to next level (high definition) there was no massive improvement, hence I ignored from my list.

Same here UNLEASH :)

And how can we forget one of the biggest action movies of all time
THE JUDGEMENT DAY - TERMINATOR 2

HI,

Some of the Movies that have splendid surround sound and video.

1.The X-Files ( my all time Fav)
2.Dudley Doright (one of the first movies with DTS track)
3.Behind Enemy Lines
4.XXX (vin diesel)
5.Nemisis Game

There are tons of them but these are just a few personal favs apart from whats already mentioned !!

Regards.

I am myself a big fan of Pixar and definetly they get better and better.
But, for best visual effects and surrealistic racing check SpeedRacer which got released few months back. This is expected to kick off a new genre. Wachowski's have done it again after Matrix , but in a very different way. No, this is not a Matrix, but definetly this is a new genre

I missed that one, will try to watch. For this weekend I've got Golden compass / 3:10 yuma to watch

Another one to watch is I'm Legend, silent movie with lot of ambience.

Also one more good action movie from 2007, SHOOTER
I guess this has released on BLUE-RAY

Re: The Movie I Liked

I have seen 8MM-part 1. I have no idea when did the second part release. Is Nicolas Cage the main actor in 2nd part as well?
Rikhav, with me it is the other way round, i never knew there was part one of 8mm.

In 8mm2 it is Johnathon Schaech & Lori Heuring.

There will be members who do not have a home theatre set up, so they will not be sure about the 5.1 effects, which is fine, they can always share with members about the movies they liked.

Vinay.

Last edited:
Hi,

Ya why not vinay that would be good too :) !!

Sunil I heard that golden compass is not all that great !! have the DVD haven't watched it yet ! so let me know how's it !

Anyone watched the movie "Finding Forrester" ? amazing movie (though conversational the ambient sound and background music will get you immersed into the movie completely).

Another very good one is "The Avengers" with soild acting by Uma Thurman and Sean Connery ! surround sound is also very impressive !

Also "The Perfect Storm" with the huge tidal waves and what not the sound is just too good to resist !!

Regards.

Hi,

Ya why not vinay that would be good too :) !!

Sunil I heard that golden compass is not all that great !! have the DVD haven't watched it yet ! so let me know how's it !

Anyone watched the movie "Finding Forrester" ? amazing movie (though conversational the ambient sound and background music will get you immersed into the movie completely).

Another very good one is "The Avengers" with soild acting by Uma Thurman and Sean Connery ! surround sound is also very impressive !

Also "The Perfect Storm" with the huge tidal waves and what not the sound is just too good to resist !!

Regards.
Indeed i will look for 8mm part 1, as part 2 has been very good, let's hope the part one does not let us down and by the way sarkar part 2 is much better than the part one.

I will also look for the perfect storm, it seems the movie is a good one, and than the sound effects of the huge tidal waves, a double reason to watch the movie on 5.1 set up.

Last edited:
A MAN APART - Action

Starring :
Alice Amter, Vin Diesel

The movie is about drug war - revenge (Dolby Surround Sound is good)

ART HEIST - Action/Adventure (There's an art to every crime)

The movie is about robbery.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back