Three DACs free build from me

So whats the latest state of the shipment? Any tentative date when the Gamma is supposed to touch down at Kannur?:)

Hi Kaushik,
Any update?... I am eagerly waiting to hear about results of this kit.
Regds,

I have some good news

The local replacements for the tiny toggle switches i found.
We can save good amount of money.

The ordering part is handled by suri,he is facing some paypal problems.I think it is taking pretty good amount of time,any one with paypal ,ready to help him.
Today i called him in the evening ,may be he is a lil busy.

@Suri ................... Any Updates ????

@ kaushik, tally3tally and all thread participants,

i thought i would get back on the thread once i had the parts in my hand - there have been too many false starts and stops!

thanks to tally3tally and kaushik sending me an exact list of parts to buy on a spreadsheet i started the process about two and a half weeks ago - in the process discovered that amb site was not credit-card safe - aborted that and created a paypal account (first time user) and it has been a nightmare since then.

each time i (painstakingly) tick the many many parts on the site and go to checkout, and try to pay with paypal - the message reads - cannot complete transaction, no funds in account - when i try to credit the paypal account, i find i cannot because the message says - paypal does not accept funds at this time, your credit card will be directly charged.

on one sunday afternoon, i must have done the process three times, waited for three hours and then checked to see if the credit card had charged - but no, nothing.

last week i was at cochin (4th onwards) and back yesterday night - none of my friends seem to have used paypal - so inputs would be valuable - because i start again tomorrow, and this has become an embarrassing situation:eek:

all the times i ordered speaker parts from madisound, i used the credit card direct and there was no problem at all!

at cochin, BTW, i heard the ProAc Response D100 driven by theta monoblocks

completely overpowered the room (which was about 18 feet x 18 feet -square - not ideal) - these speakers are big, (170 cm) - but for the life of me, i was not able to locate the vocals at any definite point - there was a vagueness about the whole thing , as if a plastic wrap had enclosed the music - perhaps that speaker is meant for bigger rooms.

anyway, tomorrow it is do-it-or-bust!:)
regards

i could help with placing an order on the amb site..if one of you can collect the amount and pay it to my dad in bangalore we can take this forward.

@ kaushik, tally3tally and all thread participants,

i thought i would get back on the thread once i had the parts in my hand - there have been too many false starts and stops!

thanks to tally3tally and kaushik sending me an exact list of parts to buy on a spreadsheet i started the process about two and a half weeks ago - in the process discovered that amb site was not credit-card safe - aborted that and created a paypal account (first time user) and it has been a nightmare since then.

each time i (painstakingly) tick the many many parts on the site and go to checkout, and try to pay with paypal - the message reads - cannot complete transaction, no funds in account - when i try to credit the paypal account, i find i cannot because the message says - paypal does not accept funds at this time, your credit card will be directly charged.

on one sunday afternoon, i must have done the process three times, waited for three hours and then checked to see if the credit card had charged - but no, nothing.

last week i was at cochin (4th onwards) and back yesterday night - none of my friends seem to have used paypal - so inputs would be valuable - because i start again tomorrow, and this has become an embarrassing situation:eek:

all the times i ordered speaker parts from madisound, i used the credit card direct and there was no problem at all!

at cochin, BTW, i heard the ProAc Response D100 driven by theta monoblocks

completely overpowered the room (which was about 18 feet x 18 feet -square - not ideal) - these speakers are big, (170 cm) - but for the life of me, i was not able to locate the vocals at any definite point - there was a vagueness about the whole thing , as if a plastic wrap had enclosed the music - perhaps that speaker is meant for bigger rooms.

anyway, tomorrow it is do-it-or-bust!:)
regards

+1 with Paypal woes :mad:, i have been trying to purchase Caiman DAC since yesterday, without success, paypal is suggesting me to link the card with a 4 digit no from a 1.99 $ transaction which would appear in the statement, which i couldn't able to find, though i have the provision of checking credit card statement online, i had already purchased an oppo 981 using the same paypal account strange it is not allowing me purchase again.

suri ,

i can understand paypal headache. can you PM me the ERROR code
you can do a swift transfer (TT)at your bank.Long time back i saw my fren sending money
with ICICI swift transfer.

Last edited:
Suri \ Kaushik, I am having a paypal a/c and I had used it for my subwoofer from parts express (US) and projector (Canada), ping me if you require any help.

+1 with Paypal woes :mad:, i have been trying to purchase Caiman DAC since yesterday, without success, paypal is suggesting me to link the card with a 4 digit no from a 1.99 $ transaction which would appear in the statement, which i couldn't able to find, though i have the provision of checking credit card statement online, i had already purchased an oppo 981 using the same paypal account strange it is not allowing me purchase again.
.. online statement for next month may be having this .. i used c.care to get the code.But now my card got expired .

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back