Three DACs free build from me

the PCM2707 samples are here :eek:hyeah:
gotta love those TI folks :clapping:

thanks tally for providing the parts list.
can't wait now, lets go ahead with the order..

Damn, I didn't know that SRC4192(cost $10.38) was a TI part, should have ordered the samples for that one too. :(
Maybe someone else can order it from TI.

Last edited:
the PCM2707 samples are here :eek:hyeah:
gotta love those TI folks :clapping:

thanks tally for providing the parts list.
can't wait now, lets go ahead with the order..

Damn, I didn't know that SRC4192(cost $10.38) was a TI part, should have ordered the samples for that one too. :(
Maybe someone else can order it from TI.

Will somebody (tally3tally) please tell me what to do?:eek:

and it's time kaushik was posting finished pictures of the build on the forum!

Will somebody (tally3tally) please tell me what to do?:eek:

and it's time kaushik was posting finished pictures of the build on the forum!

go here
create an ID
order the parts shown in the pic
give the qty you require
give your address
they will ship the parts free to you
you will save about $20 on each set
BTW if you are giving the reason as university project mention a university name in the Company field
11177o1.jpg

i got mine shipped today waitin for them to arrive :yahoo:
done!!!

Last edited:
@tally3tally - if the parts list is ready, please send it to Suri so that he can order them.
Lets set the things in motion.
@Suri : let me know when you need the money.

I haven't read the complete thread, but see you guys are missing some parts. If someone can post a summary of what is missing, I could probably add a few sources. I have purchased 1/8w metal film resistors and SMD caps in the Mumbai local market, min quantity is 100 but they cost very little (Rs 40/100) so getting 100 is no sweat.

@cranky, that will be of great help for for later builds...
@sarith, wrong place for asking ? go to speakers section.

@suri ..
update me when done..(add the solder rolls too)..dont worry if 1 or 2 parts we miss farnell will deliver in 7 days(just small delay ,free shipping ,no extra postage even if one part ).

@cranky, that will be of great help for for later builds...
@sarith, wrong place for asking ? go to speakers section.

@suri ..
update me when done..(add the solder rolls too)..dont worry if 1 or 2 parts we miss farnell will deliver in 7 days(just small delay ,free shipping ,no extra postage even if one part ).

Lots been happening while I ve been away I guess. Thank you Suri for going ahead with it.
Like gurubhai asked, pl let us know when to pay you. :)

cochin and tvm..electronics hub...in kerala...I have seen high value Nichicon,rubycon,samsung,sanwa,ELNA,pioneer(22-33,000 MFD) both soldering and bolting type..I have used keltron,samsung and sanwa..recently I didn't get 30,000 MFD caps...so bought four 15,000 MFD sanwa's(60,000)..checked it and I am satisfied..

Sarit,
Can you please tell me where these are available in Cochin? If so, I can try to purchase according to our requirements.

hi kaushik, tally3tally, and all thread participants-

i will start the process tomorrow and place the first order as per tally3tally's pm to me. I will order one kit every 3 days and see what happens!

best of luck to all of us!:)

and now, i need confirmation of the participants (3 including me) of the initial three as kaushik suggested.

the two of you will need to send the amount in INR to a bank account number i will send you by pm.

so act in haste, gurubhai and ..........

hi kaushik, tally3tally, and all thread participants-

i will start the process tomorrow and place the first order as per tally3tally's pm to me. I will order one kit every 3 days and see what happens!

best of luck to all of us!:)

and now, i need confirmation of the participants (3 including me) of the initial three as kaushik suggested.

the two of you will need to send the amount in INR to a bank account number i will send you by pm.

so act in haste, gurubhai and ..........

Suri, Ygpm.

Kaushik, Who are the initial three?:eek:

Last edited:
Suri - Member 1
spirovious - Member 2
iaudio- Member 3

was the list ... as previously released here :http://www.hifivision.com/general-chit-chat/6795-three-dacs-free-build-me-3.html#post85077

This list i will follow ..others dont worry the fee is very small
,as i will have to give min 4Hrs to 6Hrs for each kit,then verification of the build.

Kaushik, Thanks.
The Wood Al enclosure you were talking about in your delta sigma usb build, is it suitable for housing the gamma dac too?

Kaushik, Thanks.
The Wood Al enclosure you were talking about in your delta sigma usb build, is it suitable for housing the gamma dac too?

sure why not ... :).

Edit :
Updates .....
Suri confirmed of first order already being placed !

Last edited:
@ all thread participants -

the first order was placed on sunday last, but transaction was refused because RBI has mandated PIN no. for all internet transactions (credit card).

have received the PIN today and will place fresh order this sunday.

once i successfully receive the parcel, i will pm interested thread participants for the subsequent orders with exact pricing and contact kaushik also (spoken to kaushik on phone).

please bear with delay!

@ all thread participants -

the first order was placed on sunday last, but transaction was refused because RBI has mandated PIN no. for all internet transactions (credit card).

have received the PIN today and will place fresh order this sunday.

once i successfully receive the parcel, i will pm interested thread participants for the subsequent orders with exact pricing and contact kaushik also (spoken to kaushik on phone).

please bear with delay!

Fingers crossed!:)

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back