Three DACs free build from me

tall3tally, I have a doubt. You have mentioned that shipping is free to Singapore, even then Singapore total is 139$ while for USA even with 10$ shipping, total is only 109$. Dimagh ki batti nahi jal raha hai!:eek:

Last edited:
tall3tally, I have a doubt. You have mentioned that shipping is free to Singapore, even then Singapore total is 139$ while for USA even with 10$ shipping, total is only 109$. Dimagh ki batti nahi jal raha hai!:eek:

Notice the "S" in front of $ in the singapore price, it means Singapore dollars...34 rupees to a S$........48 rupees to a US$ ;)

that is Dollar ka chota bhai! ...

True, true. If customs and shipping to India work out to be too expensive,the only way I can get the dac kit is to ship it to Singapore and have someone bring it down for me. One friend may come down from Singy, but only in Jan:sad:

True, true. If customs and shipping to India work out to be too expensive,the only way I can get the dac kit is to ship it to Singapore and have someone bring it down for me. One friend may come down from Singy, but only in Jan:sad:

How much is customs duty for electronic components in knock down condition?

Regards

How much is customs duty for electronic components in knock down condition?

Regards

hi gobble,

http://www.cbec.gov.in/customs/cst-0910/chap-85.pdf

read 8522

10% customs duty will be charged on declared value.

anyway should know what happens in a few days from now (right now on the job of placing the order as per tally3tally's pm to me - the last sunday order was placed but did not go through because of PIN no. insisted on by RBI).

regards

hi gobble,

http://www.cbec.gov.in/customs/cst-0910/chap-85.pdf

read 8522

10% customs duty will be charged on declared value.

anyway should know what happens in a few days from now (right now on the job of placing the order as per tally3tally's pm to me - the last sunday order was placed but did not go through because of PIN no. insisted on by RBI).

regards

Thanks Suri. The doc is a little confusing - Any idea what section the a diy assembly preamp kit will cost in knock down import condition?

The PCB, transformer, resistors & caps , step attenuator and chassis all come in little packets bundled into a single parcel.

Regards

Thanks Suri. The doc is a little confusing - Any idea what section the a diy assembly preamp kit will cost in knock down import condition?

The PCB, transformer, resistors & caps , step attenuator and chassis all come in little packets bundled into a single parcel.

Regards

hi gobble,

i have heard friends (in DIY electronics) tell me that usually small parcels escape custom duties.

but these parts - The PCB, transformer, resistors & caps , step attenuator and chassis - they all come under section 8519 - 8522, and the duty varies from 7.55% to 10 %

regards

hi gobble,

i have heard friends (in DIY electronics) tell me that usually small parcels escape custom duties.

but these parts - The PCB, transformer, resistors & caps , step attenuator and chassis - they all come under section 8519 - 8522, and the duty varies from 7.55% to 10 %

regards

My parcel will come with a somewhat large chassis (14"x8"x2.5") hence my fear.
10% is affordable. Hope they will not bill me customs duty of audio gear after seeing full preamp kit in knock down condition.

Thanks Suri.

Regards

@Suri : Lets go ahead with the order,the parts which are back ordered at mouser, we can get them at the farnell India.

great work .... waiting to check out the worked models so that others can jump on the bandwagon ....

Thanks kaushik for all the dedication put in from your side.

My parcel will come with a somewhat large chassis (14"x8"x2.5") hence my fear.
10% is affordable. Hope they will not bill me customs duty of audio gear after seeing full preamp kit in knock down condition.

Thanks Suri.

Regards

Gobble,
Is there any reason you chose not to source the transformer and chassis locally? I'd think that would save a lot on shipping cost...

Gobble,
Is there any reason you chose not to source the transformer and chassis locally? I'd think that would save a lot on shipping cost...

Gruby

It comes as a kit. Buying piecemeal is not an option. Besides I want a proven setup that will not alter SQ in hard to discern ways.

Regards

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back