THX Certified Components

paritosh

Hi Gurus...

I have been puzzlled by this since I was told by ONKYO dealer that their 9300 HTiB is not suitable for living room application as its a TXH compliant product and will need specific acaustic treatment and environment.

Is it true? You can't use THX compliant componets like standard components? If I prefer 9300 over 508+728 combo, will it give an inferior performence? Can't you get a non THX complying component system to performe at par with THX compliant system with proper room treatment?

pls do reply

I dont understand why u are puzzled at all mate,his reply is self-explanatory...THX certification is provided to devices following stringent measures, and there is a THX standard specified(like Optimum loudness level,optimum distance etc) where these devices will perform their best.This doesnt mean u can't use them in ur bathroom if u need to...just that under the THX specified conditions, they will be at their best.

PS:I dont believe in this THX gimmick,but maybe thats just me.

I dont understand why u are puzzled at all mate,his reply is self-explanatory...THX certification is provided to devices following stringent measures, and there is a THX standard specified(like Optimum loudness level,optimum distance etc) where these devices will perform their best.This doesnt mean u can't use them in ur bathroom if u need to...just that under the THX specified conditions, they will be at their best.

PS:I dont believe in this THX gimmick,but maybe thats just me.

well..... the puzzling part is this. wouldn't ANY system perform at its best in THX compliant conditions like room treatment and distances etc? whats the difference between the THX complying and non complying product? do the companies make any extra efforts on technical aspects for THX compliance so that A PARTIcULAR system would perform better than the other in controlled environment????

When u pair THX certified amplifiers with THX certified speakers and the combo is performing under THX specified acoustic conditions, u will get the best possible sound out of that combo.

First of all,i think its just a marketing gimmick like any other....there are many a people who would choose a speaker over another just for the THX logo,without even auditioning the other.If a product line has THX certification, there is also the catch that not each and every device under it maybe THX compatible.Once the certification is there(right way or not, thats another matter!!),they may resort to cost-cutting and all,deviating from the THX standards.

Back