To suspend speaker's from concrete ceiling for Dolby Atmos / Dts X..

Got the custom iron brackets done for Rs 120.. Painted them too..

245839aa4f869fcd77376b14a71dfc3c.jpg

Tried fitting them on enclosure with necessary mounts..
92931835c3520d798bcbda97ff7dfd53.jpg

The big screw that you find on the brackets, will go in to the ceiling.. itz abt 2 inches depth..Almost flush mounted to ceiling..

The custom made brackets are holding the enclosure with M8 Allen key screws on the sides of the enclosure..
a1b5ae25456d587c95f4fd5e999ec342.jpg

Speaker & wire connector to be fixed on the enclosure and will be mounted to ceiling..Hope to complete, by this weekend..

Nice DIY @elangoas! :clapping:
Yet to be mounted..But, it should hold them firmly.. Will update when done..

Was the ceiling able to hold the boxes with the said 2inch(D) screw??..

Just curious.

Thanks
r/s.

92931835c3520d798bcbda97ff7dfd53.jpg

The big screw that you find on the brackets, will go in to the ceiling.. itz abt 2 inches depth..Almost flush mounted to ceiling..
With that box plus the speakers are definitely going to stress out those 2" screws on the ceiling. Just to be on the safer side, how about using a wooden plank, just like how you've used it for your screen hinges.
A 5"-6" plank fixed to the celing with a couple of 3"or 4" screws. And the speaker is mounted on this plank. This should be much more sturdier than fixing straight into the ceiling.

Nice DIY @elangoas! :clapping:

Thank you..

With that box plus the speakers are definitely going to stress out those 2" screws on the ceiling. Just to be on the safer side, how about using a wooden plank, just like how you've used it for your screen hinges.
A 5"-6" plank fixed to the celing with a couple of 3"or 4" screws. And the speaker is mounted on this plank. This should be much more sturdier than fixing straight into the ceiling.

Thanks for the inputs..Will check feasibility..

I have used these 2inch bolt (M10 size) to mount ceiling fans where there wasn't provision to mount on ceiling..Think, a ceiling fan must be approx 4 kgs weight.. In that regard, the enclosure must be 8 Kgs (incl of speakers). which i fairly believe should hold the static weight..

Has been following this thread for some time. Thanks for starting this thread.
A few questions from my side...
How far are they from the rear wall? From this angle they look a bit too close to the wall. Btw, Is this a 5.x.2 or 5.x.4? For .4 the front ones would be a bit too close to the fan? Is that a problem acoustically?
Are those Taga Harmony Platinum TCI 100R? Where did you buy them and how much does they cost? It would be helpful if you can list the alternatives considered.

Has been following this thread for some time. Thanks for starting this thread.
A few questions from my side...
How far are they from the rear wall? From this angle they look a bit too close to the wall.

Approx 10 inch from rear wall..

Btw, Is this a 5.x.2 or 5.x.4?

It is 5.2.2

For .4 the front ones would be a bit too close to the fan? Is that a problem acoustically?

yes.. If i upgrade to 4 overheads, the speakers would be close to the fan.. But can be spaced out..

Don't think a fan would pose acoustic problem..

Are those Taga Harmony Platinum TCI 100R? Where did you buy them and how much does they cost?

Yes.. They are TCI 100R inceiling speakers.. Offline .. 18.5K INR/pair

It would be helpful if you can list the alternatives considered.

Kanto Ben, co-axial satellite speaker - https://kantoaudio.com/product/ben/

Tried to get it from US thru my friend, didn't work out.. Would have been a simpler solution with brackets..

Then, had choice of picking Boston Acoustics in-ceiling speaker (or) polk..But chose Taga..

Anyways, from the DIY expereince, any in-ceiling speaker with an enclosure should work, provided you make the tilt provision to adjust to your listening position..

Are the ceiling speakers gives extra performance for atmos and you could feel cinematic experience?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Are the ceiling speakers gives extra performance for atmos and you could feel cinematic experience?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
Yes
Otherwise y we have to put lot of effort to hang them on ceiling!!!
If you have a Atmos AVR and u are driving them properly with placement
There is day and night difference i would say.
Now Iam planning to watch once again all Atmos movies after hanging this bad guys in my setup [emoji848][emoji7]

[emoji41]

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back