Tower Speakers / Floor Standing Speakers for Marantz SR6013

Today visited profx at Chennai to taken an audition of Polk-S55

Initially it was connected with Denon X550BT in stereo mode.
Speaker was sounding un-impressive. No low end punch, no stereo imaging and poor mids.
Profx didnt have X3600H or X4500H which could have given near real impression of my Marantz SR-6013

Switched to regular stereo amp 1520AE paried with S55
Pure delight. It was sounding very good, detailed and pleasant.

As such speakers are quiet nice.

Also listened to S60 speakers.

S60 was sounding more room-filled and heavy. But the thrill of S55 was missing. Also did not feel any major sonic difference for the higher price of S60. In my opinion S55 is more VFM

I will try and get audition for Q-Acoustics 3050i

Speaker was sounding un-impressive. No low end punch, no stereo imaging and poor mids.
Profx didnt have X3600H or X4500H which could have given near real impression of my Marantz SR-6013

S60 was sounding more room-filled and heavy. But the thrill of S55 was missing. Also did not feel any major sonic difference for the higher price of S60. In my opinion S55 is more VFM

As you already have the 10 series you can look at upgrading to the 11 series which will give a much superior SQ.
If you plan to use the fronts as rear I would suggest that you can go for the 11.3 FS which is just under your budget and then later add the 11CS.
I went the same way but I had 225 BS.

Cheers

I have used Marantz and Denon amps with various speakers. You should give Klipsch a chance. I have vf-35 (they are discontinued) and sound rich, full and musical. I like this setup more than my music setup these days. Bright Klipschs go well with darker tones Marantz and Denon have.

As you already have the 10 series you can look at upgrading to the 11 series which will give a much superior SQ.
If you plan to use the fronts as rear I would suggest that you can go for the 11.3 FS which is just under your budget and then later add the 11CS.
I went the same way but I had 225 BS.

Cheers
Perhaps give the wharfedale Evos a shot too? What do you think?

I have used Marantz and Denon amps with various speakers. You should give Klipsch a chance. I have vf-35 (they are discontinued) and sound rich, full and musical. I like this setup more than my music setup these days. Bright Klipschs go well with darker tones Marantz and Denon have.
I will check and try to get audition

I have 3 pairs of Polk S60 towers in my HT and have listened to them extensively in stereo mode. They are livelier speakers with lot of details. They also have good Soundstage and imaging. Bass is a bit on the weaker side. I heard S55s have better bass.

But they are slightly brighter sounding. I get listening fatigue pretty quickly if I play them at moderate to high volumes.

I believe there are better options at that price if you are after a warm or neutral sounding speaker pair for music use.

Edit: I just read your thread starter post. For 50:50 mixed use, S55s may actually be a better choice as you need slightly brighter sounding speakers for HT use. Polk Signature line's center channel speakers aren't that great. I chose S35, vocals are clear but somewhat thin sounding due to their smaller 3" drivers. I would suggest S30.

Visit ProFx if you decide to go with Polks. They always give best rates for all products they sell.

Last edited:
This may not fit the budget
I was referring to the 4.2s. They weigh almost as much as some small floorstanders and i can testify that they achieve really high SPLs. Plus, they are one of the finest looking speakers in this price range. But they are bookshelves of course which allow them to be placed with much more flexibility. I would recommend them if you like the wharfedale sound. Otherwise, there are other options to consider.

Perhaps give the wharfedale Evos a shot too? What do you think?
Oh Evos are definitely better than the 11 series.
If you really don't want FS and agree to stick to BS then Evo 4.2 is a great choice but it will a little over budget but worth it.
This will also give you scope to upgrade with the Evo 4.4 in the future.

Thanks

You can check with misterm.in. He will give better price than profx

I am planning to buy a Tower Speakers / Floor Standing Speakers to pair with Marantz SR6013.

Usage will be 50% movies and 50% audio songs. I always listen to songs using Pure Direct and movies in Auto Mode.

Currently using Wharf 10.2 as LR and Wharf 10CS as Centre. For rear speakers and subwoofer I am using BA XS satellite speakers and its sub.

I am planning to change all speakers and sub. To start with I will change the front LR to tower speakers.

Also thinking of moving the Wharf 10.2 to surround duty once I acquire the Front speakers.

Room size is 20x13

Kindly suggest suitable Tower Speakers in the range of 60K

Thanks
Hi Mr Jayaraj,

This is Syed Nizamudeen here who's planning to sell the Paradigm Monitor 9 S7 Floor Standers and a Paradigm Monitor Center 3 S7. They are 3 year old and can give you at a very competitive price if you are interested. Qacoustics 3050i is also a good choice. The 3050i can sound slightly laid back when compared to the Monitor 9s and Monitor 9s are also a bit more dynamic than the 3050is...let me know If you are interested in the Paradigm Monitors.

Thank you

Attachments

• 15999842930360.jpg
    15999842930360.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 15999843451756.jpg
    15999843451756.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 57
  • 15999843356435.jpg
    15999843356435.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 15999843266544.jpg
    15999843266544.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 15999843162923.jpg
    15999843162923.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 15999843085182.jpg
    15999843085182.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 56
You may also look at the IndiqAudio Gold Achal. They are excellent, falls well within your budget and has a good sound signature.
I had a long auditioning session and that speakers ticks all the right boxes.
i also got in touch with indiqaudio based on recommendations of Progidy...Mr jain explained to me that for a floorstanders of the platinum series it was also advisable to pik up compatible centre speakers of the same batch..to match timbre...waiting for a feedback from Progidy before deciding on indiqaudio

Hi Mr Jayaraj,

This is Syed Nizamudeen here who's planning to sell the Paradigm Monitor 9 S7 Floor Standers and a Paradigm Monitor Center 3 S7. They are 3 year old and can give you at a very competitive price if you are interested. Qacoustics 3050i is also a good choice. The 3050i can sound slightly laid back when compared to the Monitor 9s and Monitor 9s are also a bit more dynamic than the 3050is...let me know If you are interested in the Paradigm Monitors.

Thank you

Thanks for the offer. I will contact.

You can check with misterm.in. He will give better price than profx
Today I talked with Mr. Manoj of misterm.in

He gave lots of insight of different brands and models available. Rates quoted were really attractive. However no place for demo. He recommended to go for KEF speakers which will suit up the budget considerably.. Right now I am not planning to go for that price range.

Thanks to music_craze for the reference

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back