Travelling to Kerala next week

Not heard a about Thattekad!!
Do post your experiences on travel, accomodation, scenic beauty et al. (photos) May be down the line i would take my family!!! :)
How far is it from cochin airport?

Folks

My wife and I plan to visit the following next week:

1.Accommodation at Thattekad,stay at Thattekad,hotel Thattekad,Thattekkad,for birding,Kerala,India

I will post a review. After that we plan a visit to the backwaters, if any of you guys haven't been there, it is highly recommended.

Cheers

George

Not heard of Thattekad, but from the website, looks good. Please post your experience when you are back.

From college, we had been on a trip to Kerala. I got a chnace to experience a boat ride in the Allepey (Allapuzah) backwaters and have fond memories of it. Fantastic experience George, do not miss it. Also have heard good things about the 24 hour boathouse ride/stay.

If you are visting Munnar, I would recommend "High Ranges Club" to you. It is an 100 year old club started by the British. It is very well maintained and the strictness of British rules is still carried on. Very few renovations have been made. All the victorian furniture has still been maintained. You'll love it because you have a thing for antiques and also golf. The club has a golf course attached to it and you can play too (for a small charge). I have stayed there twice so far and look forward to visit the place again. Pricing is very reasonable. For around 2.5k, you get a huge cottage.

will await your review...

is it anywhere near Jacob's place (Rethm), maybe you could post a reveiw of Saadhan/Maarga as well :eek:hyeah: (Just kidding...enjoy your vacation :thumbsup:)

will await your review...

is it anywhere near Jacob's place (Rethm), maybe you could post a reveiw of Saadhan/Maarga as well :eek:hyeah: (Just kidding...enjoy your vacation :thumbsup:)

LOL

george: hey i know a good restaurant here.

wife (full impressed): wow george you know so much, sure lets go there

once they reach

george: oops i could have sworn there was this awesome place for prawn curry. hmmm... anyway since we're here lets listen to these speakers... :D

the kayaking looks lovely! something i've always wanted to do after seeing people peacefully padding by in movies. sigh... will await pics and a review

Hi Santhosh

As an old timer Ive been around a few places-including the houseboat trip, Munnar High Range Club and some others. I plan a round of golf there, though the course is not all that well maintained nowadays, from what I hear. I have not stayed there, but have visited the bar and dining room. It is affiliated to two of my clubs, so we get a price break to use the facilities.

I agree the backwaters is a super experience-my brother in law is a member of the Kottayam Sailing Club, and he has a speedboat that is available when we visit(35 HP Suzuki outboard motor). I have been going there for over 40 years and really enjoy going there.

Miles to go before I Sleep...: July 2007

Not heard of Thattekad, but from the website, looks good. Please post your experience when you are back.

From college, we had been on a trip to Kerala. I got a chnace to experience a boat ride in the Allepey (Allapuzah) backwaters and have fond memories of it. Fantastic experience George, do not miss it. Also have heard good things about the 24 hour boathouse ride/stay.

If you are visting Munnar, I would recommend "High Ranges Club" to you. It is an 100 year old club started by the British. It is very well maintained and the strictness of British rules is still carried on. Very few renovations have been made. All the victorian furniture has still been maintained. You'll love it because you have a thing for antiques and also golf. The club has a golf course attached to it and you can play too (for a small charge). I have stayed there twice so far and look forward to visit the place again. Pricing is very reasonable. For around 2.5k, you get a huge cottage.

Hi! George,

If you are anywhere near Cochin, Kakkanad, then do drop in the Jacob George's place to hear the Rethm Saadhana's and the Gaanam Tube amps, IT will be a revelation for you. If you want his address and contact number then I can PM them to you.

Hi! George,

If you are anywhere near Cochin, Kakkanad, then do drop in the Jacob George's place to hear the Rethm Saadhana's and the Gaanam Tube amps, IT will be a revelation for you. If you want his address and contact number then I can PM them to you.

GeorgeO, If you are coming to cochin do give me a buzz. If its convenient for you will meet up!

Hi! George,

Yes George,
you MUST find time to visit and listen to the rethms.
regds

Let me figure this out-the Rethm audtion, since my son will be with us on a short vacation from the US.

I first heard about these speakers at least 3-4 years ago when they were first introduced, and have also listened to Lowthers horns when I was on a visit to the US some years ago-in fact I briefly toyed with the idea of making one myself. Lowther horns are an ideal diy project for us in India because of tjhe amouint fo worrdwork involved in the enclsoure and the value add, though the enclosures are huge I visit Cochin at least 2-3 times a year mostly transiting, so even if not possible this time, will definitely plan to do it in the near future.

George

PS iadudio and absolute phase, please pm me info.

Folks

My wife and I plan to visit the following next week:

1.Accommodation at Thattekad,stay at Thattekad,hotel Thattekad,Thattekkad,for birding,Kerala,India

I will post a review. After that we plan a visit to the backwaters, if any of you guys haven't been there, it is highly recommended.

Cheers

George

Hi George,

Couple of my friends with their family opted this place for their new year celebrations. They found it to be a very good place. Itz quite calm and cool place. They got accommodation in a goverment Inspection Bunglow.

Enjoy your holidays...

Suri

To hear is to obey(Old Jungle Saying)

George

All you youngsters out there may not recall the context but the oldies will remember the Ghost Who Walks!

Suri

George

All you youngsters out there may not recall the context but the oldies will remember the Ghost Who Walks!

I remember asking my dad to help me find Denkali on my atlas. Does that make me old as well? :eek:hyeah:

Suri

George

shucks am guilty of remembering. but whatta classic those oldies are!

anybody who remembers the masked dude in purple tights and striped undies is O.L.D :lol:

Yes indeed! This reminds me of the time, a few years ago when my older son was going to the US, and I happened to be at a sale of Jockey products. I called him and asked him if he wanted some undies( after all going to the US, why spend big $$ over there),.

His response was ok, but dont buy the boxer shorts or the undies that you old geezers wear, I dont want one with a flap like you old guys use, to search for your d**ck! I was flabbegasted, but kept my cool.

Sure enough while going around the stall I found small, I mean micro, jocks with no flap, and lo and behold that's the kind the young man wanted. I dont know what type the masked dude wears!

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back