Tried & tested good recording Cd's

Best recorded CDs...
Hindustani classical - VOICE OF INDIA by Rashid Khan, HAVELI SANGEET by pt.Jasraj, PURE by Kaushiki Chakrabarty.
Hindi - Anwar (maula mere song movie), all rehman movies...
English - THE VERY BEST OF DIRE STRAITS, ELVIS # 1's, best of MATCHBOX TWENTY, all MICHAEL JACKSON, JJ CALE and ERIC CLAPTON.
Request u all to tell me a few more of HINDUSTANI CLASSICAL ones.

Shaizada,
need to get my fundamentals cleared on the difference between CD, SACD, XRCD, and Bluray audio. So, "Thrill me with ur acumen".
support ur data with some literature from the net....
More importantly, How do LP records compare with the best digital format????

1. Sufi Gold - 10 Years of the Best Sufi Music, Various (Abida, Kailash, Rafaqat, etc.), Times Music.

2. Ya Rabba, Kailash Kher, T-Series.

3. Teri Deewani (14 of today's biggest sufi hits), Various (Nusrat, Kailash, Anwar, etc.), Sony/BMG.

'Mystica Music' has also come out with a few of their titles in Sufi & world music. I recently picked up a recording of a Turkish band on Mystica Music, which is quite soothing and makes one explore other sides/corners of pleasures of musical world.

Shaizada,
need to get my fundamentals cleared on the difference between CD, SACD, XRCD, and Bluray audio. So, "Thrill me with ur acumen".
support ur data with some literature from the net....
More importantly, How do LP records compare with the best digital format????

Hi Sumeet. Google is your friend :) Please take some time and read up for your own knowledge.

I will say this...if an CD is recorded VERY well, it can be a little better sounding that the LP. When an LP is recorded VERY well, the gap in quality between the two formats is extremely large. Hope that makes some sense.

This is not a fact, but a general guideline from the experience I have gathered being exposed to the best of both formats.

AS ALWAYS, have found very very contradictory, confusing and unauthenticated information on the .com sites about the formats....((not surprising actually. there are more websites proving how man has never landed on the moon)))).
well, coming back to the digital vs analog war, with whatever little i have heard I would mostly like to agree with u.... one observation is that analog scores a notch when it comes to vocal performance, and vice-versa when it comes to instrumental performance, especially string instruments (high freq) eg. guitar, piano, santoor....

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back