Trying to finalise TV

DragonEmperor

After checking few models in my budget I finalised this 3 models :
Sony x90h 65'' - 1,31,999
Mi Q1 75" - 1,24,999
Samsung Frame 65" - 1,21,999
Main purpose of TV is PS5 gaming and movies. My viewing distance is around 10 feet.
I am ok with 4k/60hz mi q1 but not sure about its input lag and motion handling in gaming. 120hz is not my priority but good PQ and playable input lag and motion handling would be preferred.
I also consume lots of 720p -1080p, how is the upscaling in this models ?
So out this 3 models which one should I get ?

My suggestion would be the Sony x90h 65'' - 1,31,999
Ticks all your requirements of good upscaling, 120Hz (when you need it, has VRR also now I guess), size is decent for 10 feet.

Samsung Frame and Mi Q1 have QLED panels, Sony X90H does not.
Mi Q1 and Sony X90H have FALD, Samsung Frame does not.
Samsung Frame and Sony 90H have VRR, Mi Q1 does not.
75 inches will be way more immersive for 10 feet viewing distance, 65 inches will be decent.
Mi Q1 has input lag of 11 ms at 4k, 60Hz which is decent for PS5!?

IMO, from a movie watching perspective, Mi Q1 will be my pick due to the size and immersion. From a gaming perspective, it depends on the trade-offs you're willing to make :)

75 inches will be way more immersive for 10 feet viewing distance, 65 inches will be decent.

IMO, from a movie watching perspective, Mi Q1 will be my pick due to the size and immersion. From a gaming perspective, it depends on the trade-offs you're willing to make :)
X90H/9000H also can't do 4k 120Hz properly. It takes 1080p 120Hz signal and upscale it resulting in blurry picture. The problem is the Mediatek SoC. This has been fixed with X90J.

I am a happy samsung qled owner will suggest samsung qled so much realism and amazing picture quality. Only con is poor viewing angle.
Compared to qled ips panels provide wider viewing angle.

Quantum dot is similar to triluminous technology of Sony. They are just an extra layer to provide some nano light particles to decorate the crystal display. Lg calls it Nano technology. Sony just does not call it Quantum dot anymore as Samsung has used that term to hell's extreme that other brands don't wish to use that terminology except for TCL.

After checking few models in my budget I finalised this 3 models :
Sony x90h 65'' - 1,31,999
Mi Q1 75" - 1,24,999
Samsung Frame 65" - 1,21,999
Main purpose of TV is PS5 gaming and movies. My viewing distance is around 10 feet.
I am ok with 4k/60hz mi q1 but not sure about its input lag and motion handling in gaming. 120hz is not my priority but good PQ and playable input lag and motion handling would be preferred.
I also consume lots of 720p -1080p, how is the upscaling in this models ?
So out this 3 models which one should I get ?
At 10 ft you definitely need a 75" at the least for a immersive experience.
I sit at 8' from my 65" and whenever I move a bit closer, the picture becomes much more impressive.
If gaming wasn't your main aim, I would have suggested going for a 65" oled from either lg or Sony.

I am a happy Samsung qled owner will suggest Samsung qled so much realism and amazing picture quality. Only con is poor viewing angle.
Compared to qled ips panels provide wider viewing angle.
The units with ultra wide viewing angle coating have a decent viewing angle.

Hello everyone! I'm new here. Have been researching TVs around 1 lac for the past week or so in Indore, MP. Hope I could be of some help.
Samsung Q80t from last year has this Ultra Wide View Filter. Have seen it at Relaince Digital. It does have excellent viewing angles when I compared it with x85j. The later has visibly poor viewing angles. It can be a good choice over the frame. But Q80t has a relatively poor contrast ratio of about 4200:1 even after FALD. While the frame 2021 has 5600:1 and the frame 2020 has a whopping 8000:1. I don't know why Q80t has it this low. But I has higher brightness of around 650 to 700 nits.

They have these very last pieces of 55 inch q80t in stock and quoted me a price of 94k after all the discount and hdfc card cashback. I think it could be a good pick. Or am I wrong?

Though I absolutely love the idea of having the frame 55 in our home but is the wide viewing angle layer and extra brightness and better speakers worth the extra 14k vs the tradeoff in contrast. The frame 55 could be had for 80k this BBD sale.

Hello everyone! I'm new here. Have been researching TVs around 1 lac for the past week or so in Indore, MP. Hope I could be of some help.
Samsung Q80t from last year has this Ultra Wide View Filter. Have seen it at Relaince Digital. It does have excellent viewing angles when I compared it with x85j. The later has visibly poor viewing angles. It can be a good choice over the frame. But Q80t has a relatively poor contrast ratio of about 4200:1 even after FALD. While the frame 2021 has 5600:1 and the frame 2020 has a whopping 8000:1. I don't know why Q80t has it this low. But I has higher brightness of around 650 to 700 nits.

They have these very last pieces of 55 inch q80t in stock and quoted me a price of 94k after all the discount and hdfc card cashback. I think it could be a good pick. Or am I wrong?

Though I absolutely love the idea of having the frame 55 in our home but is the wide viewing angle layer and extra brightness and better speakers worth the extra 14k vs the tradeoff in contrast. The frame 55 could be had for 80k this BBD sale.
I think frame is of the Q60T DNA. Q80T must be better.

The lower contrast on the Q80t is because of the Ultra Wide View filter. One of the tradeoffs of having this filter is lower contrast. (Also, this review might help. https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/q80-q80t-qled )

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back