Tubes..an addiction! Qinpu A6000 MKII tube amplifier with 6N3 tubes review

sorry no more comments who doesn't understand properly or follow the forum in brief.. thanks

hi srinisundar,

then, with your permission - i will not make a trip to calicut and suffer!

but - i will make a lengthy post!:)

regds

iaudio ,
Edifier speakers look good .. will last long, but cheapo china stuff specially the ones with poly cone tweeters , your ears will bleed if u listen more than 1 hours,my friend bought a edifier 2.1 . the canadian catalogue here sproad guys too keep , marketing tricks ...

also reviews like this tube amp are highly doubtful , i will wait for actual comments senior members like suri ...
long back i saw a huge review of Miniwatt ..later owner sold at half price ;).

I have built china preamps for a few friends and sonic improvements were minimal with the china tubes ... so newbies beware!

Last edited:
hi pras 123-

thank you for post in which you have mentioned my name and also told that i am inclined to tube sound - THAT IS SO MUCH SO!!!

that is why i am so much interested in this thread you have posted on one-by-two of amarbir of lynx audio (may god protect him)- i am now realising that because people do not have the full courage - they are not importing the tubes amplifier for the audio sound stage so as to give liquid like sound for every music passage with the highlights of high frequency and complete frequency- TRULY - they are missing something with that pioneer and very stupid denon combo!

i am very much envious of you - that you are related to amarbir - you will get the goods at discount!!!!:D

i wish to ask ( for all the forum members) - will you talk to brother amarbir and get us solid discount????

HOPE YOU CAN!!!!

thank you - SURI

Suri,,, Upto you to escape or suffer:yahoo: It seems i am at the receiving end from both sides.... never ever I will support. Let Suri blossoms.

Last edited:
i wish to ask ( for all the forum members) - will you talk to brother amarbir and get us solid discount????

solid discount for tube amps? dont you think you're asking too much for a piece of heaven brother suri? or perhaps you mean 'liquid' discount considering the sound quality you'll get :D

hey everyone! its high time you SS people,,, switch to/ or add a 15k tube amp, any brand(...he he he that you can get dear), n enjoy complete sound!!
its the safest risk you have ever taken!

hi pras,

glad to know you're enjoying tubes, however if you were a regular member of the forum you'd notice the many good reviews a tube manufacturer in india, delhi is getting. perhaps you have but decided to go chinese? viren of lyrita audio. his el84 SET amplifier is about 24k, and like amplifiers are priced well over 50k in the international market. you may want to check his amps out and upgrade since you like tube sound.

i'd suggest getting out of chinese tubes as soon as possible and getting some NOS tubes you'd be surprised at the sound. you'd probably junk the qinpoo just as soon as you've junked solid state. ;)

he he he!! so many sherlock holmes here !??
dear all, why do you suspect a student soo much, i have already paid for the amp before ordering, now what difference a discount make?? even if someone offer 10-20% discount, i would not be interested in going after such a equipment thats sold at much less than its worth, there's always a catch in discounted electronics. i am really not the kind of guy who eat all the brain of the dealer for a discount of 500-1000 rupees, i think this attitude really makes the seller take a step back in providing service to you with full consent/support.
i really hate to advice people, because in the end they will take a different path anyway. So why should i bother about convincing someone who needs 1000 reviews/opinions before spending a mere sum of 15k for tubes.(i hope enthusiasts understand this statement).
All i wish is that tubes are publically acceptable again so that it again get into mass production and i can get a really fine tuned system or even a different sounding system at affordable prices n local availability of amp n tubes for rolling.

@stevieboy: yes i agree totally that NOS tube will be better, but again the cost difference is there. Also, i won't be taking a 24k tube amp now, i would prefer to go for 40-45k tube amp now. i absolutely don't believe in selling my stuff at all,
i believe its better to keep a different sounding equipment as long as it stays with me!

@kaushik: listen n comment on C3. where on earth will you get a 35W rms 8" sub with 12W rms satellites? that too completely housed in MDF, except amplifier, with a fully functional wireless remote, separate amplifier (component system) with clipping EIDC protection for speakers which never distort even at full volume!??? cost : 4.5k ...Rs.4500/- just...for a amazingly neutral sounding speaker set?? i dont like the amplifier though, i agree it doesnot have any thing to offer if you increase treble or bass, like you do in cambridge audio, but hey, the speakers are such neutral at 0-0 setting that i love them soo much !!
only company that can match it is harmon kardon, but they are soo expensive.
but if you are advocating creatives, logitech, altec lansing etc. who never dare to give satellites in MDF.... no further comments.
no one will sell a tube amp, unless he has a budget for a higher tube amp.

pras ,
that 4.5k ...china made 2.1s with remote are flooded in the markt , F&D,artis etc to name a few all use MDF!

my sisters speakers are at 1 k , made with MDF ...

i have listened to those most 2.1s
by edifier.. i have found pretty poor in mid range also the poly tweeters are very harsh sounding... (as compared to others,personally never liked pc 2.1s unless it is for some filmy kind of music ..cheaper local BS speakers
sounded fuller with a few tweaks)

As for distortion.. we need a distortion analyzer

he he he , however crappy creatives do sell speakers n satellites (geostationary :) and others ) with MDF boxes .i am not inclined to any pc speaker brand in that range ...

just i feel the tube amp should drive a decent BS pair in 5-6k range...

can any other member comment in detail on that 'remarkable tube sound' from Qinpu

Last edited:
hey pras, might it be that kaushik and some other people have heard a lot of speakers including the edifier ones and actually have stated their opinion on edifier based on the sound of the speakers rather than the specifications? Good features/specs are not even half the story.

I appreciate that you enjoy your Edifier setup and I am sure it's great for what it's priced and what it's meant for, but to say the "only company that can match it is HK" and stuff like that is a bit extreme don't you think?

Again I am sure for 4500 bucks Edifier might be one of the best options around, and possibly superior to Creative and Logitech but none of these are brands known for quality audio, they are computer peripheral brands and that's what they're good at, not quality sound.

@kaushik: listen n comment on C3. where on earth will you get a 35W rms 8" sub with 12W rms satellites? that too completely housed in MDF, except amplifier, with a fully functional wireless remote, separate amplifier (component system) with clipping EIDC protection for speakers which never distort even at full volume!??? cost : 4.5k ...Rs.4500/- just...for a amazingly neutral sounding speaker set?? i dont like the amplifier though, i agree it doesnot have any thing to offer if you increase treble or bass, like you do in cambridge audio, but hey, the speakers are such neutral at 0-0 setting that i love them soo much !!
only company that can match it is harmon kardon, but they are soo expensive.
but if you are advocating creatives, logitech, altec lansing etc. who never dare to give satellites in MDF.... no further comments.
no one will sell a tube amp, unless he has a budget for a higher tube amp.

Last edited:
pras123 - just as long as you LIKE the sound - that's what counts eventually. Opinions will always vary and to you what should weigh most is your opinion and not mine or anyone elses. We are always entitled to an opinion though.
And, like you, I wish I had a "mere sum of 15k" to spend on equipment when I was a student.
Also, luv your signature - "currently banging..." Bang on!

@kaushik: exactly, you are correct, but i would like to add that we can't actually compare a PC speaker system to a hi-fi category, & i am not doing that. i just wanna say its amazing for 4.5k, & ofcourse you can use the speakers without its amplifier, as it is having a new system s730 priced at 14k with 10" sub. The company states that it is specifically tailored to suit person sitting near PC to enjoy full warmth n distortion free music, rather that other companies whose speaker systems are better audible OUTSIDE the room rather than to the person who actually owned them. edifier C3 has a very balanced bass output which never overshadows music with BASS. this quality i observed is particularly amazing for a sound signature in this price bracket. i think you might be stating this as harsh output, but you need to feed it with some fine input like 320kkbps mp3s or FLAC files, to enjoy amazing clarity, also do the setting with what i mentioned in my first post about jetaudio and 32 bit fixed point MPEG audio decoder, then you WILL feel the difference. This has one of the finest mids in PC speaker category, IMO source plays very very very important role in how speaker sounds.Also, edifier has amazing soundstage and in a room you will not need any 5.1 setup to enjoy movies, it is that amazing with stereo. other brands are loud, but edifier is clear!
Also, tube users might be knowing that tubes get really spicy n high/harsh with treble, but i am observing amazing treble control with my amplifier and speaker setup with amazing voice delivery.

@psychotropic: yes, you are very true, i agree! edifier are a great relief for me when i am far apart from my hi-fi setup!

@keith: dear, thanks for your comment, i am doing masters degree from NIT, & i get 8k stipend every month as scholarship. i also have to make some sacrifices to satisfy my urge for different sounding equipment, i guess audio enthusiasts are all the same habits everywhere!? he he he!

dear all, just think if qinpu can make such a CHINESE edifier sound soooooo very much clear, what can it do to your existing 50k setup?? i just want everyone to try / add tube sound please (any brand).. i am not getting any profit from this, but you are definitely missing something...alot of lively sound!

my current opinion about my amplifier is "effortless distinction in sound".

@keith: dear, thanks for your comment, i am doing masters degree from NIT, & i get 8k stipend every month as scholarship. i also have to make some sacrifices to satisfy my urge for different sounding equipment, i guess audio enthusiasts are all the same habits everywhere!? he he he!

hi pras123 - i am totally respecting your views - and you are enjoying the tube sound- but i suspect that - having close relation to the dealer you are getting good bargain!

if you are spending your hard-earned 8k- then will you still tell all the good things?:eek:

Last edited:
@suri: dear i am as closely related to you as i am to amarbir. i have not seen him, n i have not seen you. so stop saying that again otherwise i will stop my postings here. Also, why don't you visit my setup and feel the enthusiasm i am experiencing, make haste as i am in kerala till april end only, after that i might be available at bangalore as i got job in a software company.
i made a resolution to myself that i will buy a tube amplifier only after i got placed in a company. i got both ! n satisfied my commitment, whats more satisfying is that i got a fine equipment without auditioning!!
i don't know how long will this amplifier works, as we are aware of chinese equipment, but hey! life's short!

Last edited:
pras,
just me and my frenz observations, with a DIY dac and flac used with foobar WASAPI ,
Deficiencies of drivers cant be compensated by source :).
ok i will not spoil telling -ves here , it is a great start ,enjoy your
purchase.

but tubes give 'harsh treble' ??!.. i heard some roll off a little part of high freq...

Just because a unit has 'tube' does NOT mean it will improve sound, in fact non matched tube stage degrades the SQ ..
learnt from a tube build for a friend.

suris ears are filled with wonderful honey dew smooth diy speaker sounds , pras he will get less interest for an audition.

Last edited:
hi pras,

glad to know you're enjoying tubes, however if you were a regular member of the forum you'd notice the many good reviews a tube manufacturer in india, delhi is getting. perhaps you have but decided to go chinese? viren of lyrita audio. his el84 SET amplifier is about 24k, and like amplifiers are priced well over 50k in the international market. you may want to check his amps out and upgrade since you like tube sound.

i'd suggest getting out of chinese tubes as soon as possible and getting some NOS tubes you'd be surprised at the sound. you'd probably junk the qinpoo just as soon as you've junked solid state. ;)

Well ,
I disagree Here ,I Got This After Great Research ,I Have Heard To Many Amps ,You Have Never Heard This ,And Who Says Chinese Tupes ARe Bad ,They Are Not ,Some Of Them Are Awesome ,Its True That When a Tube is changed the sound changed ,But if the same is fitted with a russian or usa make tube and you fit a chinese tube also ,Then also it will change right so why curse the chiense tubes .

HI Stevie -

Are you speaking about tubes or tube amplifiers? Obviously big difference between the two.

I agree that stock tubes or most amps shoudl be replaced. However tube-equipment from China is pretty good. Thats a different conversations altogether.

hi pras,

Yup I agree-Chinese gear is as good as any available worldwide-this is like the old conversation about Korean Vs Japanese Vs American cars-look who's left? BTW Shuguang tubes are also as good as any out there..

I have two Chinese valve amps and have been using quite happily them for years now. I am not a great tube roller because that option ain't exactly cheap.

George

HI Stevie -

Are you speaking about tubes or tube amplifiers? Obviously big difference between the two.

I agree that stock tubes or most amps shoudl be replaced. However tube-equipment from China is pretty good. Thats a different conversations altogether.

HI Stevie -

hi marsilians,

the first reference was to the chinese tubes, am sure there are plenty of NOS tubes to explore which makes one's amp sound like a new amp altogether!

i personally have a shuguang 2A3C chinese tube which is single plate so i'd not slam chinese tubes wholesale but generally, rather every single time a NOS tube will outperform a stock new production tube anyday. very few exceptions like the emission labs new production tubes which outperform NOS tubes hands down as per all user reports.

re amps, yes there are good chinese amps am sure, but having heard viren's stuff am sure the amps he has available right here will beat the qinpu hands down. nudging him to really explore superb tube sound. i think the qinpu is push pull...? pras did mention his next amp is in the 45k range so he could explore the SET sound.

regards

@stevieboy: yes dear! i exactly understand why you are referring to NOS tubes, but i really cannot imagine the sound you have experienced as i haven't imagined qinpu to be sooo good. It has opened a new area for me to explore ...the amusing world of tubes! May be when i get married, i will ask my father-in-law to gift me a 2.5 lakh tube amplifier !! hi hi hi!! :D

yesterday it happened twice when i said :"Wah ! Qinpu ! Wah!"
tubes are now acting as drugs for mee.. i can't stop!! yes, somebody please help mee... i am spending hours n hours, day n night of continuously listening to tubes! Qinpu has rendered each n every song with such a delight! the separation and even amazing depth(even the level of singing) in chorous is finely distinct!! the amp has improved from day one, i am hoping that i can make a fantastic claim at the end of burn-in review!
i don't know whats more exciting....the price or the performance!

one thing is sure...Qinpu has made a HI-FI. you won't believe how many instruments Rahman usually play in each song. Tubes are sooo soothing n not at all harsh/bleed ears.

@kaushik: if its true that "Just because a unit has 'tube' does NOT mean it will improve sound," ..then all credit goes to Qinpu for developing such a product!

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back