Tubes..an addiction! Qinpu A6000 MKII tube amplifier with 6N3 tubes review

Amarbir[Lynx-India];116384 said:
Well ,
One Of My Clicked Photo With My tiny Miny Cam As My Friend Steve Says ,Pras Next time Invest in a Good Camera Man

no offense amarbir,

but i never said so nor am i your friend. this is the very first time i'm even addressing something to you! unless of course you're referring to someone else... :rolleyes:

regards

@stevieboy: yes dear! i exactly understand why you are referring to NOS tubes, but i really cannot imagine the sound you have experienced as i haven't imagined qinpu to be sooo good. It has opened a new area for me to explore ...the amusing world of tubes! May be when i get married, i will ask my father-in-law to gift me a 2.5 lakh tube amplifier !! hi hi hi!! :D

yesterday it happened twice when i said :"Wah ! Qinpu ! Wah!"
tubes are now acting as drugs for mee.. i can't stop!! yes, somebody please help mee... i am spending hours n hours, day n night of continuously listening to tubes! Qinpu has rendered each n every song with such a delight! the separation and even amazing depth(even the level of singing) in chorous is finely distinct!! the amp has improved from day one, i am hoping that i can make a fantastic claim at the end of burn-in review!
i don't know whats more exciting....the price or the performance!

one thing is sure...Qinpu has made a HI-FI. you won't believe how many instruments Rahman usually play in each song. Tubes are sooo soothing n not at all harsh/bleed ears.

@kaushik: if its true that "Just because a unit has 'tube' does NOT mean it will improve sound," ..then all credit goes to Qinpu for developing such a product!

for some strange reason i am feeling the feeling that suri is feeling...

pras u are a lucky guy ,
a well matched tube amp setup exactly during college time,
i was not that lucky, i struggled with a DIY cassette player

till the sony walkman i got delivered
that was a happy purchase 'Made in Malaysia'

pras u are a lucky guy ,
a well matched tube amp setup exactly during college time,
i was not that lucky, i struggled with a DIY cassette player

till the sony walkman i got delivered
that was a happy purchase 'Made in Malaysia'
College days, the only set up I had was a set of 1400rs Mercury plasticky 2.1 speakers bought in 2003! Still survives!

@stevieboy & @suri: friends, i don't know why you feel so negetive about my happy observations about this amplifier!??? will you be satisfied if i only put -up the cons of this amp??!
Ok, for cons about this amp, i have already stated my opinion that this amp FEELS chinese, also the tubes don't glow bright, the volume knob n selector knob are comic to operate, also the back connection outlets are slight 20' bend which makes it chinese surely. Also, the line-out is volume controlled, which is not a good design, but i can live with that.
But as far as performance is concerned, this amp has performed above par my expectations, n blown me away with a new degree n angle of sound!
To make you feel better, i wanna tell you guys that i have been listening to grado SR80i for last 2 years, also i have been to cambridge audio sound signature, n i know what melody n distinct sound means. So i would have welcomed your suspicion if you have based it upon my ignorance in the field of sound audition, but how dare you question my authencity and certification of opinion?? if this is the case then you are no different than any unauthorised person to me, ok!
still, i wanna make a point that i am hearing many many new notes, even instruments that i have never heard on my above mentioned gear that i am hearing on my this 20k setup!!
@iaudio: dear, i also had only 1400/- intex 2.1 system till my graduation is finished, n i loved it too for its price n performance, but my quest for sound led me to a listening pleasure that i am having now! i m finishing my masters degree now, probably in sound too!! ;)

Last edited:
Nice set of cans you have, SR80i.
Pras, don't worry too much about it, enjoy your set up. What source are you using, Pc right?

Ok, for cons about this amp, i have already stated my opinion that this amp FEELS chinese, also the tubes don't glow bright

Hi,

Only the filaments glow in the tube.If the plates also glow brightly you will not have a Chinese amp but a Chinese firecracker.

Chinese tubes acting like firecrackers is not unknown.

If you want a bright glowing tube go in for a 845 or 211 tube based amp.

Regards
Rajiv

May be when i get married, i will ask my father-in-law to gift me a 2.5 lakh tube amplifier !! hi hi hi!! :D

hi pras123 -

i do not understand pras123 - how can you ask your father-in-law, a person who, probably, is not very well known to you - how can you ask for such an expensive gift?

i would be embarrassed to ask even my father - so how can you ask father-in-law?

regards - and all power to glorious tube sound!!:yahoo:

Last edited:
hi pras123 -

i do not understand pras123 - how can you ask your father-in-law, a person who, probably, is not very well known to you - how can you ask for such an expensive gift?

i would be embarrassed to ask even my father - so how can you ask father-in-law?

regards - and all power to glorious tube sound!!:yahoo:

hi pras123,

please reply quickly - i need to know how you can ask your father-in-law for such favours- how??:)

after you answer - i will take action:eek:

see pras123,

you have to reply in hurry! - and, now, at this stage, do not worry about qinpu chinese tube amplifier - all forum members will see the advantage and definitely go for it!:yahoo:

what i am telling is - waiting for your answer - how come you can ask father-in-law for such a gift - 2.5 lac rupees - and what is the method?

of course, my father-in-law is dead and R.I.P. - but our family custom has this method of using OUIJA board to communicate with the dead - i can ask him if you tell me the method - then we can make him spin like pinwheel!!:)

so, please answer quickly, please!

@stevieboy & @suri: friends, i don't know why you feel so negetive about my happy observations about this amplifier!???

well everyone has a right to be happy about anything they choose to be. i'm just my usual suspicious self of someone who does not post regularly and suddenly posts tons of pics and review after the dealer in question was getting slammed in a thread. your post was quite unlike any new owner's post i've ever read here.

of course i could be wrong :D so let sleeping posts lie and enjoy your amp! yes tubes are special and in answer to a question you posed in an earlier post re substitutes for the chinese tubes a google ought to get you some good options at different price points. or check be3amplifiers.com an indian site.

regards

@suri: it all depends your profile n who your father-in-law is/was or will be. ;)

@stevieboy: i only post when i have something to share, i have no idea about amarbir getting slashed here, gimme the link to that thread.

@keith: absolutely the same amp with same front n rear, but in Qinpu there's chpo branding written on the back of amp, i think that amp is also using same 6N3 tubes, its transformer is a bit high may be due to 40W output, also the wood is painted black on the front, Qinpu has only 16.5W output. Its priced almost the similar price may be a few thousand more rupees.

@dear all, check out the other reviews about similar amp, it says that the amp can transform your PC in to a audiophile system easily at just a shoestring budget. thats just what i am trying to convey. you need to audition it man! fly to chandigarh, or wait for my video coming sooooooooooooonn.

Last edited:
@suri: it all depends your profile n who your father-in-law is/was or will be. ;)

or wait for my video coming sooooooooooooonn.

dear pras123,

thank you for quick, super witty and humerus response-

and waiting for video to hilite the audio aspect!

good regards

@stevieboy: i only post when i have something to share, i have no idea about amarbir getting slashed here, gimme the link to that thread.

am sure you do. i'm also sure if you put in at least a little effort and search you'll find it :)

What part of audiophile did you achieve. And how are you expecting us to under stand that by watching your video :)

@dear all, check out the other reviews about similar amp, it says that the amp can transform your PC in to a audiophile system easily at just a shoestring budget. thats just what i am trying to convey. you need to audition it man! fly to chandigarh, or wait for my video coming sooooooooooooonn.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back