Turntable Related Questions

NashX

I have a Philips Electronic 242 and I have a couple of Questions

I have noticed wen I play Vinyl that have high pitched singing or Classical it wound sound like the pitch was off but Stuff like Elvis and Cole Porter Sound the way its meant too any idea Why?

My little Nephew manhandled the Headshell and managed to crack it [the Point where the Headshell meets the Tone Arm ] are headshells Fixable ? Part available ? if not the same a similar one ? For now i have Glued it on.:eek:

Anyone Fix Turntables in Bangalore or anyone I can ship to get it fixed ?

My road to Vinyl listening has hit too many obstacles too often.:sad:

Hi NashX
Pl. explain what do you mean by 'pitch was off' do you mean there is speed variation or high frequency sounds like low fq./still higher fq.?

I hope you glued the headshell perfectly. cartridge stylus (needle) needs proper angle and should be perpendicular to vinyl when seen from front. If possible post some pics of player and closeup of headshell.
regards
Hiten

More like the Wow Effect this was the case before the headshell broke and now too..Well the the cart stylus is perpendicular to the vinyl but Glue isn't holding too well.
Pic will come up in a bit.:)

Hi
questions
1) Is it belt drive or direct drive
2) Do check if All record with high pitch voice have problem or any particular one
3) is problem more prominent at start of record or at the end
Answers
1) check if belt is even and is not slipping from pulley
2) As human ear can distinguish variations in high fq. easily. if any particular record's center hole is some how got bigger it wont be at the center of platter
3) if problem is more prominent at the start or at the end or vice versa than stylus needs alignment (Though you had same problem before headshell was broken, I think problem got magnified after fixing headshell, but I am not sure)
regards

Hi
questions
1) Is it belt drive or direct drive
2) Do check if All record with high pitch voice have problem or any particular one
3) is problem more prominent at start of record or at the end
Answers
1) check if belt is even and is not slipping from pulley
2) As human ear can distinguish variations in high fq. easily. if any particular record's center hole is some how got bigger it wont be at the center of platter
3) if problem is more prominent at the start or at the end or vice versa than stylus needs alignment (Though you had same problem before headshell was broken, I think problem got magnified after fixing headshell, but I am not sure)
regards

1] Its a Belt Drive
2] I have noticed this wit a couple of records not all
3] Belt seems fine and its Brand new or so i was informed
4]Good point must check
5]Yep more prominent at the start and end [The problem is the same after the crack too]

Any idea if there's service chap in Bangalore or South India that will help with the Part ?

Thanks for ur time:)

Hi,
If Belt is fine I think you should test other records also or see cartridge alignment. (Few Pics will help) see that even if belt is new it should not be loose.
Sorry as I live near Mumbai, dont know any serviceman there but I think in this forum there was some thread which dealt with servicing of TTs in Bangalore.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back