TV suggestion

rameshbitra

I am looking for a 32 or 40/42 inch FULL HD TV.. This is my third TV and hence looking for a cheaper one. Dont need to be a smart TV. I can use chromecast.

After going thru Flipkart and Amazon, I have selected below three models. Would you please suggest which one to go for or perhaps if there is anything better than these three in a budget of 32,000?

1. Vu 42d6475- they use A+ grade panel. Extended warranty (for 2yrs) is available by paying 10% of actual MRP - 32,000 (i.e., 3200) though price is much lesser in Flipkart. Below is the link.

https://www.flipkart.com/vu-42d6475-107-cm-42-led-tv/p/itme47yafqqrpedz?pid=TVSE47Y8KEBPSN2U

2. Philips 40PFL5059 - Have seen reviews here and also issues reported by one of our forum member though philips has 3yrs warranty.

https://www.flipkart.com/philips-40...ed-tv/p/itmeytw6rzhfr3aj?pid=TVSEYTVADU6DZPR8

3. Micromax 40t2810 - Read positive reviews here though it was for model 40t2820. 2820 model is now out of stock. Is there any difference between these two model.

https://www.flipkart.com/micromax-4...ed-tv/p/itme2febcpbktyhm?pid=TVSEY7JZQNST7CSW

Out of these three, I am little interested towards Vu (after reading couple of negative reviews here about Philips above said model) How is Vu in general? I spoke to Vu customer care just to ensure that they have service centre in Chennai and they have one in Teynampet.

I am little worried about the warranty stuff and follow-up's as they are not well known. Or should I just spend little more and go for LG/Samsung? If so, wud anyone suggest good Full HD in 32 inch?

Sticking to the big brands is always advisable. Not just for A.S.S. but considering the overall package. The panel, picture and build quality in general.

If you wish to keep the budget under 35K, why not demo the Plasma models from LG & Samsung?

Copy:Do look at Panasonic as well.
AYlgpr

Thanks for your views and suggestions..Would you please suggest any specific model to check out on 32inch Full HD in LG/Samsung/Sony?

Picture quality is very subjective. If I like the PQ of a particular TV, it doesn't mean someone else will like it too. At the end it is you who is going to watch the TV, so you have to find something that suits your eyes. Others can just tell based on "documented" information and personal experience whether the TV is good or not.

I would suggest you to visit a local stores and demo a few TVs, note down the model numbers (like you did in your first post) and ask here.

I personally liked the LGPN4500 Plasma 42 inches, given your budget it should come to about Rs 32,000-33,000 after haggling.

However, please note it is not full HD. But the size and PQ makes up for it.

The Samsung 4900 series is also a good bet. I do not want to get into the plasma versus LED/LCD debate, but I would always buy more inches than full HD for now. :)

Also I bought a panasonic used plasma and I am pretty happy with it even though it is HD only.

Vinod

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back