Ultimate DIY - soundsgreat!

can't get the sound out of my mind

I had the privilege of hearing these speakers last week while on a visit to Bangalore. was a rather brief listen as srikant and I were talking about many things, and I had not bought my own music with me, so we listened to Srikant's music!

it was an impressive performance and i believe in a room about 40% larger it would have been an outstanding performance. more important, after over a week, the sound has stayed with me.. I cannot seem to get the sound out of my mind!

Soundsgreat has definitely made me a TL believer!

great show, and I'll be back for more!

Re: can't get the sound out of my mind

Kapvin, thanks for sharing. I am also looking forward to hearing Sreekants speakers in action!

Oh Iaudio, you must,

on the music I heard - amazing sound. great fit & finish. i just believe that a bigger room make those speakers come alive even more!

Can someone pls convince shreekanth to be active on this forum again, we truly miss his inputs...

Now that Santhosh & Kapvin have heard his speakers, i hope to swing by his place when i am next in bangalore.... mean while can somebody put up pics of his speakers???

Re: can't get the sound out of my mind

more important, after over a week, the sound has stayed with me.. I cannot seem to get the sound out of my mind!

hi kapvin - more than three months now (since i heard soundsgreat's speakers) - and i still keep thinking about that sound!

regds suri

sounds Great ,Sreekant , Suri can you start selling your creations online some where . I mean wont it be great to have a Home grown Hifivision brand. Wat say.

One more suggestion is a Indiginous toppler Amp.

Thanks rallynut and suri i am a late comer to this thread now enthusiastically following it. It is very hard to fine time to go over there to bangalore. Any i have taken a vow to go there one time . Anyhow hatsoff to sg's indigenious effort.

Nearly 30 years back in the same way i still remember one mr,krishnamurthy from madurai got introduced to me. He was making valve amplifiers for cini halls. In his home he was having tannoy monitor gold single drive speaker diy. He played at that time famous one hindi song via his tube amp with vinyl. Still the sound lingers in me now. Every beat was countable. We could feel the breathe of the singer so was the sound. In the same way one diy speaker built up by mr vijayragahvan who is no more i come to know. It was jbl 15 inch low driver and horn midrange and crystal tweeter. And everything was diy after the audition i was dejected with my audio systems. So was that system. Even the very ordinary songs through vcp or vcr at that time famous was very tremendous

Nearly 30 years back in the same way i still remember one mr,krishnamurthy from madurai got introduced to me. He was making valve amplifiers for cini halls. In his home he was having tannoy monitor gold single drive speaker diy. He played at that time famous one hindi song via his tube amp with vinyl. Still the sound lingers in me now. Every beat was countable. We could feel the breathe of the singer so was the sound. In the same way one diy speaker built up by mr vijayragahvan who is no more i come to know. It was jbl 15 inch low driver and horn midrange and crystal tweeter. And everything was diy after the audition i was dejected with my audio systems. So was that system. Even the very ordinary songs through vcp or vcr at that time famous was very tremendous

Hi,

Clearcut,I know Mr.Krishnamurthy,I have not heard his system,but have spoken to him several times.

If I am not mistaken he has a Linn lp12 TT ,the 15 inch Tannoy Golds,And an EL34 based vale amp of his own design.He told me that the OPTs in the valve amp were imported,either Arcosound,or UTC I do not recollect the make.

Tannoys driven by well designed EL34 amps sound superb.

Speakers designed using Tannoys, Altec,JBL and other quality drivers will sound in my opinion better than most high end stuff out there today.It takes time and effort to get them to work ,but once dialed in they are pure magic.

Regards
Rajiv

clearcut,was great to talk to u sir today,and hats off..u have some very high end components and equipment,not to mention many of them :licklips:!!oh,to be so lucky.....

yes,diy if done/implemented well,am sure can beat the socks of many commercial heavyweights.u must visit sreekanth and suri to see what i mean.cheers

Hi,

Clearcut,I know Mr.Krishnamurthy,I have not heard his system,but have spoken to him several times.

If I am not mistaken he has a Linn lp12 TT ,the 15 inch Tannoy Golds,And an EL34 based vale amp of his own design.He told me that the OPTs in the valve amp were imported,either Arcosound,or UTC I do not recollect the make.

Tannoys driven by well designed EL34 amps sound superb.

Speakers designed using Tannoys, Altec,JBL and other quality drivers will sound in my opinion better than most high end stuff out there today.It takes time and effort to get them to work ,but once dialed in they are pure magic.

Regards
Rajiv

sounds mighty impressive rajiv.thanks for sharing that.absolutely lovely set up u have,love ur speakers!!cheers

Back