Unable to play .VOB files and some part of mkv files in Sony 42" KDL-42W650A

jayaharan76

Hi,

Have recently purchased Sony LED 42" KDL-42W650A, picture quality, MPEG noise reduction, sound quality really awesome. ....

However, unable to play .VOB files and some part of mkv files through USB part. Also have converted VOB to MOV format, still the issue persists..

Anyhelp? how to play these formats ? is it Media player is the only option?

Thanks, Jay

Assume it safe that the same files play on the PC. There may be some codecs missing on the TV firmware. On my own TV, some MKV files were not playing over DLNA but played when USB was connected directly. Renaming MKV to AVI helped. For VOB files (assuming that they are ripped clean of content protection), rename them to .MPG and give it a try.

I have tried with changing the file extension from .VOB to .mpg and .AVI, none of them changed the file format, upon changing, still the file type shows .VOB only.

However, it is working with laptop. Do I need to update the firmware of the TV ?

I have tried with changing the file extension from .VOB to .mpg and .AVI, none of them changed the file format, upon changing, still the file type shows .VOB only.

However, it is working with laptop. Do I need to update the firmware of the TV ?

Yes. Try upgrading firmware

Pls post the mediainfo in text view for those file..download and install it--MediaInfo - Download
Changing extension doesn't change the underlying codec's encoding and it doesn't work with media devices..it will work with laptop cause it can support various codec...it might be a simple format profile issue or unsupported audio.

Pls post the mediainfo in text view for those file..download and install it--MediaInfo - Download
Changing extension doesn't change the underlying codec's encoding and it doesn't work with media devices..it will work with laptop cause it can support various codec...it might be a simple format profile issue or unsupported audio.
I know that changing extension does not change the basic underlying codec. But on my TV, the .mkv files were not playing via DLNA. Simple renaming them to .avi did the trick.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back