Sony KDL-55/47/42 W800A - Owners and Aspirants

42W800A is Discontinued . . i chected it out yestrdae . . !
now onwrds 42W850 is available :/

Guys which 5.1 home theatre shud i buy with Sony LED ?
i wan a HT which has Killing Bass and Sound ! :)
rply asap
thnx

hi...im want to buy sony 42w800a.. i wanna ask about the 3d...

has anyone try sbs to 3d ??it is good???thanks...sorry for my bad english

SBS to 3D is very good. All my tested 3D so far has been SBS and it is pretty good. The only major drawback is 2D to 3D (psedo). However I was not looking for 2D to 3D.

And don't worry about the English. It is pretty good and it is not our mother tongue to be embarrassed about.

my budget is 20k - 25k max :)
sony bdv 3100 ? wot abt it ?

Go for Yamaha YHT 196 + Sony BDP S 190 ( or Sony BDP S 490 if you need 3D) .... YHT 196 is anyday better than Sony/Samsung HTiBs .... Can consider Onkyo HT S3500 as well .... these all will come within your budget + a little stretch of around 5k max ....

I am also planning to buy 47" w850.
One thing I wanted to know is, LAN port provided in this TV is 100Mbps or 1Gbps ?

Can anybody tell me, 47" w850 is VESA mount compatible?
If Yes, then what standard holes gaping it uses like. 100mm x 100mm, 200mm x 200mm or 400mm x 400mm.

bought 55W850a a week back.initially had apprehensions that SD channels on my ADTV HD would look washed out.confirming my worst fears, NGC SD channel showed loads of pixellation on 55W850 demo piece using the very same ADTV HD connection I use at home.but I was determined to take risk as I wanted to use it primarly for HD content and blu-rays.i already got 32HX750 to watch SD content.once I got W850 installed SD channels look exactly same as on my 32HX750 if not better.HD content was better by a notch or two.sound is a huge inmprovement over HX750.so any tv will look better at home as they share the same signal to many tvs in showroom for comparision which bring down PQ considerably even though they use HDMI splitter.by the way all my observations are made only with factory settings.didnt tweak them as im a novice.waiting for some FM to post best bunch of settings.

Hi BOSS8055,

Please let me know the price you paid for 55W850A and the location details.

Thank you.

Picked up a Sony flyer for TVs from Singapore Mustafa last week. Sale offer was for Chinese New Year and ended on 3rd Feb 2014. I'm just posting for price check even though it is not economical or viable to bring the TVs from Singapore at present what with all 35% duty charges unless you have connections at Airport customs. You can give a try at grey market.

http://imageshack.com/a/img30/6421/n5ef.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img401/7281/ho0t.jpg

Cheers

Sony KDL47 W800A - Reopening the Thread

Friends ,

Since last one month or so , I am facing a strange problem on my KDL47 W800A. While watching sports in HD channels , I somehow feel a tiny but sharp breaking effect in picture.... I mean the picture is not coming smoothly .. there is a minute or very little pause in every frame which is annoying to eyes. Initially I thought I am having some power issue in my specs but everybody in my home is feeling the same now . Please note this is happening only for fast moving situation like a sports and absolutely no issue in the SD version . I am using Tata Sky HD and I checked the HD box in my other TV and its just working fine there . Am I having a problem in picture refresh frequency or something like that ....?? Thought to have your opinion first before I call Sony customer care. Please help.

Sanju

Guys
Im not able to play any internet content on w800a ?
with 4G hot spot wifi connection, any way out to the problem.
Maximum I could do so far TV twit, no youtube or facebook

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back