Unboxing and first impressions of Mission LX2

• Thread starter Deleted member 38504
  • Start date
So if I have only bookshelves and a center speaker, it should be set on stereo or multi stereo?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The center is off for the moment, the sound feels like it's coming from the tv. That's pretty good center imaging. The speakers are about 7 to 8 inches from the back wall, still getting a little boom. Will pull the stands closer to me and check again. Don't want to use the foam bungs as of now.

Played some dire straits on my sansui hooked up to the speakers. Pulled the speakers out a lil bit as well. Lost a bit of imaging, hence pushed them back just an inch. I can live with these speakers. So far so good. I'll wait for the higher frequencies to calm down a bit though. Maybe after a few more days as the speakers get a lil more run in.
7b23a2f159f8247798eaeffde6f79a15.jpg

Played some dire straits on my sansui hooked up to the speakers. Pulled the speakers out a lil bit as well. Lost a bit of imaging, hence pushed them back just an inch. I can live with these speakers. So far so good. I'll wait for the higher frequencies to calm down a bit though. Maybe after a few more days as the speakers get a lil more run in.

Lovely amp & TT mate! Where did you get that amp from?

Thank u. Got it locally from mumbai. It's not a very known or high quality series of Sansui amps, but it sounds better than my marantz phono for music. Plus the green lights look damn cool! I actually got the amp for the lights lol

Thank u. Got it locally from mumbai. It's not a very known or high quality series of Sansui amps, but it sounds better than my marantz phono for music. Plus the green lights look damn cool! I actually got the amp for the lights lol

It's cool that you sourced that amp locally! Nice speakers too. Hope you enjoy them for a long time.

Does the tweeter-below-woofer design make any difference?

It's cool that you sourced that amp locally! Nice speakers too. Hope you enjoy them for a long time.

My previous bookshelves were the Dali z3. So I honestly can't make a comparison. But my ears can't hear any difference. In fact I didn't even notice it till someone on the first page pointed it out.

Good to see Mission still making great speakers. I first heard the 770's around the late 70's was thrilled by the sound they made.

Your LX2 look really nice, your other equipment is very decent too:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I may be missing something here.i have gone through the entire post and could not find the reason for why do you replace Dali with mission.
May I know please?

Sent from my Lenovo K50a40 using Tapatalk

Firstly, they cost half the price of the Dali. Having said that, money wasn't important. Space was. They were a lil too big for my living room. I could not place them close to the wall like I can with the missions. For me I wasn't using the Dali to its full potential hence I thought I might as well get some smaller speakers. I also sold my polk sub. Again space constraints as I'm getting a massive pair of floorstanders for my vinyl listening. The missions are only for HT. I honestly don't miss the Dali, the missions are a pretty fantastic pair of speakers!

Hi

Yes...this design is used by most big brand speakers...gives better presence and stereo imaging.....regular design of tweeters on top makes the highs float in the room and only when you sit you hear the mid bass / bass.....this new design ( design been around for a decade or more) has improved a more balanced sound output....

Dire Straits in Sansui :yahoo:, All the best and Happy listening.

Thanks audiofreek, simple joys of life! El cheapo amp and a solid album! Makes for some great listening!

@murli, yeah man, the Dali sound was just too big for me. Even placement. Don't have enough room behind the speakers to do complete justice :)

But so far, I'm seriously not missing the Dali even one bit. Am really really happy with this purchase. Speakers look sharp and sound pretty good.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back