Unboxing and first impressions of Mission LX2

• Thread starter Deleted member 38504
  • Start date
Hi,

Placement of speakers and its output will vary from brand to brand....it may be not possible to test the kind of placement you want....you can however refer to manuals of the speakers you want to buy...it will mention clearly the best and appropriate placement methods and distance that needs to be kept all around for optimal performance....

Dalis, Bose Bookshelf speakers are placement specific....so read the manuals before purchase and take a call...

Very nice review

"First impressions : I had to reconfirm whether the center was off. Felt like all the sound was coming from the tv. People say that's a good thing."

Yes, it is - shows that the phasing is accurate. Centred dialog is usually sign of good stereo set up

I want to add something to this thread, i have just upgraded to Dynaudio Emit M10 for more bass,a more punchy sound.

The LX-2's are one of the best budget speaker you can buy, not super loud or super deep bass but they just sound sooo good, never to much bass and never to bright, absolutly the best budget (first real) hifi speaker i know.

Another thing is that the dali zensaors are very bright compared to the LX-2's they wont come down after a week or 2, they easily get's agressive,intrusive at high levels

Last edited:
where did u buy these speakers and what is the price? i am looking for a pair of floor standing speakers for my large living room but also considerng the option of something similar to the Mission that you have. Already use a b+w DM601 pair in my music room. any suggestions on speakers welcome.

Thank you for sharing this awesome review! No doubt that it's an interesting product to buy! The magnetic grill is pretty revolutionary! Keep us update for your further observations.

I've been reading rave reviews about the Missions for sometime now and have especially wanted to buy the LX-2s. I've just bought a Denon DM41 mini system and wanted to know if these partner well together to bring out the best out of both systems (both have 5-star reviews!). Need some sound advice from fellow audio enthusiasts so I could get these babies soon. Thanks for hearing me out, y'all!

Got this delivered today. Sounds sweet for the money. I have built couple of bookshelves with dayton/Hivi's drivers and these sound decent compared to them.
Unboxing went a little further as I was itching to immediately look at the crossover. It has some room for improvements. Will look into upgrading crossover sometime in coming months.
Thanks for this thread too, in deciding with these gems.

Crossover pic for anybody interested.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-10-14 at 21.56.29.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-10-14 at 21.56.29.jpeg
    112.1 KB · Views: 123
Got this delivered today. Sounds sweet for the money. I have built couple of bookshelves with dayton/Hivi's drivers and these sound decent compared to them.
Unboxing went a little further as I was itching to immediately look at the crossover. It has some room for improvements. Will look into upgrading crossover sometime in coming months.
Thanks for this thread too, in deciding with these gems.

Crossover pic for anybody interested.
Hi grease
Would you be able to help me if this will sound good for both movies and music. Any video demo please

So here are my missions. Finally. Been wanting them for quite some time. Very few reviews of these on the internet. Hopefully this will help people out there, like myself, in deciding whether they are worth in a small setup like mine.

Note. I'm no audiophile. I don't understand frequencies or words like wide, deep, warm bright etc. I'm 38 years old. I rely on my ears and eyes. ONLY.

They came today afternoon in a decent sized box. Thank God for that. I was hoping the box wouldn't be overly big. Just the right size.

Very well boxed and packed. Neat. I liked that.

When i opened them up after all the polythene and wrapping, they were a sight to behold. Simple. Yet beautiful looking. Definately British. Neat and well finished.

What I LOVE are the magnetic grills. Yep. Magnetic grills. No holes on the speakers. Magnetic. Pretty cool stuff.

Simple set of connectors at the back standard stuff. Speakers are tiny compared to the Dali I owned previously.

Fired them up with my newly acquired chord carnival silver screen cables ( thanks manniraj ) and hooked up with my marantz SR6009 ( thanks Murli ).

Went to audyssey and setup speakers to large and turned off the center for now. Simple. Put on Prometheus on bluray.

So far so good. Will wait for a while for the speakers to blend in with time and my surroundings.

First impressions : I had to reconfirm whether the center was off. Felt like all the sound was coming from the tv. People say that's a good thing.

Plenty of bass. Yes "plenty" is a relative term. Good enough for me for now. There was this one scene where the mid-bass driver was moving so fast I thought it would just fly out. Volume was at decent audible levels. The speaker has a bass reflex rear port. The movement of the driver was a sight.

There was a foam plug in the bass port at the rear which I removed ofcourse. These are small bookshelves and I'm very happy with them. I'm not going to make silly comparisons with Dali. They serve my purpose. Have attached a few pics below. I can't stop looking at the speakers. They do look really really fine. These are a well finished product.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

70f285369987397efbca4eae213d78cb.jpg
5e04fd0bec95651b1cebbfc65b6bc7bc.jpg
d18d0fbe0292a610dcf007903f3fc107.jpg
45e3ef85b73dfb76d9edf463eee5b3d2.jpg
f3fb74abe86e948f784f08e0e431784a.jpg
bc8a83cd55a4fe3b9f34ec4c9da1142f.jpg
5d9dbcbbaa1d970d4b9d01cf1d9aee7e.jpg
7f71c5717f8258b04a337a41af6f0a32.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
“Liked” for keeping the room very clean in the photo. I like no messy people ;) it’s a quality even some cannot have even though they are crazy rich!

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back