Unwanted posts and intruders in For Sale threads

svenkateshsmart

Dear Mods/Fellow Members,

Of late, there have been increasing number of instances where the "for sale" threads are flooded with unwanted posts and arguments.

While it is sensible to guide the member to complete the sale, discussion or comparisons can be had in a different thread.

For e.g., please have a look at this thread: For sale thread.

Though one way it is good that the thread will be active, but it will easily distract the buyer:)

I hope mods and other members will agree with me on this.

Yes, I was referring to all who have been hijacking the thread. In fact the member who raised this issue previously is a main party to it:eek:hyeah:

Are you pointing out Blasto or mpw or srinisundar or corElement ( who has given best of luck) ? or you are referring to main party "Sagarvikram" ??:cool:

Well, mpw keeps referring to "another thread".. And I honestly dont know which one.. :D I hinted but he doesn't understand and takes things personal..

I did not post anymore because it will degress the thread further.. But here I think I have the right to know..

Even owners say that Dali Ikon 6 is a not so good choice for rock. Especially if the OP is returning the paradigms for HF reasons in rock, he should keep distance from the dalis.

I asked him to suggest speakers sensibly but he just write speaker names from the "next upgrade" level stating "for eg this, for eg that".. Not sure he heard them..

I heard dali's with rotel especially with rock. Sachin, Dinesh, sajjad and host of others were there. Clearly not a good choice.

If it is bad to point out a bad assumption based on hearsay, so be it. Let the mods do the rest. :)

Personally... discussions like those are the ones from which I've learnt the most from over the last 3 years.

Yes, I agree with you 100%.. I used to put in my sale thread any kind of hitting is accepted .. Just to have traffic no.1 + 2.learning is never ending process and you told i have learnt a lot for those sale threads hits.. I keep hating mods for deleting the old sale thread which contains some useful discussion held in + it gives a last sold value by an forum member if the item appears once again for sale.

Why cant an "Dust bin" or "Old Threads" can be created to push the inactive/ sale thread threads.

Well, mpw keeps referring to "another thread".. And I honestly dont know which one.. :D I hinted but he doesn't understand and takes things personal..

I did not post anymore because it will degress the thread further.. But here I think I have the right to know..

Even owners say that Dali Ikon 6 is a not so good choice for rock. Especially if the OP is returning the paradigms for HF reasons in rock, he should keep distance from the dalis.

I asked him to suggest speakers sensibly but he just write speaker names from the "next upgrade" level stating "for eg this, for eg that".. Not sure he heard them..

I heard dali's with rotel especially with rock. Sachin, Dinesh, sajjad and host of others were there. Clearly not a good choice.

If it is bad to point out a bad assumption based on hearsay, so be it. Let the mods do the rest. :)

It is not "another thread" he could have told "Another round":p

If mpw has never heard those speakers and he can show his inability like this only. The frustration that he could not do is turning on you since you are having enough time to audition and write very good reviews.:lol:

Leave apart, i found your views are open and gives a good value and point blank. I enjoyed your round up in search for speakers:)

If the OP starts the 'For Sale' thread with reasons for sale which point out certain basic differences in the perception of the sound quality of a product... other members with relevant experience with that product are bound to make comments there. It is not logical to start another thread for pointing out difference of opinion about a 'For Sale' thread.

However, I also feel that For sale thread can be left to the simple purpose of concluding a sale. In that case, the OP can refrain from pointing out subjective reasons in their for sale thread and discuss the subjectivity in another thread before putting a sale thread.

First, no For Sale thread is ever deleted. If you go to For Sale by Owner, you will find 788 threads there. Threads are just closed. If a thread is deleted it is because it breaks some rules.

Second, I have been telling members for a long time not to clutter any For Sale Thread for ANY reason. If you want to give advice to the seller, send a PM. The For Sale Thread should talk about the sale, and nothing else. No personal details, no bargaining, no counter price offers, NOTHING.

A For Sale thread cannot be looked at for any information, other than technical related to the products on sale. If you think the OP is making a mistake, send a PM.

If you really want to discuss in details about the technology, combination, and other points, start a new thread, and keep it general.

Please remember any arguments and counter arguments will confuse the seller and the prospective buyers. You do not want someone hijacking your For Sale thread when you want to sell your products for some reason, do you? Please give the same courtesy to another person who is trying to sell.

I also find these 'best of luck with your sale' posts to be completely meaningless and useless. What is the value of such posts? If you are trying to increase your post counts, there are better methods.

Let us be nice and courteous to each other.

Cheers.

Last edited:
First, no For Sale thread is ever deleted. If you go to For Sale by Owner, you will find 788 threads there. Threads are just closed. If a thread is deleted it is because it breaks some rules.

Second, I have been telling members for a long time not to clutter any For Sale Thread for ANY reason. If you want to give advice to the seller, send a PM. The For Sale Thread should talk about the sale, and nothing else. No personal details, no bargaining, no counter price offers, NOTHING.

A For Sale thread cannot be looked at for any information, other than technical related to the products on sale. If you think the OP is making a mistake, send a PM.

If you really want to discuss in details about the technology, combination, and other points, start a new thread, and keep it general.

Please remember any arguments and counter arguments will confuse the seller and the prospective buyers. You do not want someone hijacking your For Sale thread when you want to sell your products for some reason, do you? Please give the same courtesy to another person who is trying to sell.

I also find these 'best of luck with your sale' posts to be completely meaningless and useless. What is the value of such posts? If you are trying to increase your post counts, there are better methods.

Let us be nice and courteous to each other.

Cheers.

Yes, i saw now it is appearing by making a change.. The setting by default is set to be visible for "last month'. so it is not appearing..:p

Can you start infracting the people who post unnecessary comments on sale thread ? It would apply an small brake.. However request you to allow to post technical comments in favor of selling products.

Regards

I think the original poster also has a responsibility to maintain the thread clean. There is a report post button, feel free to click on any unrelated/irrelevant posts. Then the mods can take action on those posts. Any regular offenders can be given warnings. The power has been provided to you, use it. Its unreasonable to expect the mods to monitor each and every post in all the for sale threads. They do like to listen to music in their free time, have families, work and other commitments too.:)

Can a sale thread be closed or locked by the seller with the sale details and at the same time it should be active so that the sale thread will not be buried under. Another way is to give permission for editing only to the OP with a bump option once in a week(s) after a certain period. The bump option should not be through any new message (something similar to Thanks button)

I think the OP has the full right to keep his sale thread clutterless and All the communications (thru' PM) and discussions can be outside the sale thread.

Last edited:
I think the original poster also has a responsibility to maintain the thread clean. There is a report post button, feel free to click on any unrelated/irrelevant posts. Then the mods can take action on those posts. Any regular offenders can be given warnings. The power has been provided to you, use it. Its unreasonable to expect the mods to monitor each and every post in all the for sale threads. They do like to listen to music in their free time, have families, work and other commitments too.:)

What happens if "original poster" asks a friend to keep the thread alive with unnecessary discussion instead of bumping himself.

In that case, OP will never "report" it.

Without naming anyone, have seen such things going on the forum. Anyone can find such threads without being 007. :)

What happens if "original poster" asks a friend to keep the thread alive with unnecessary discussion instead of bumping himself.

Without naming anyone, have seen such things going on the forum. Anyone can find such threads without being 007. :)

anyone can report a post, not only the original poster.
If you have seen such things going on, you should report. Its our responsibility also to keep things clean here.
Couple of things for mods too here, if someone reports a post, his identity should remain confidential, or else people will stop reporting posts. Also, there should be some action on the reported posts if they are found to be violating the rules/ethics or people will think its pointless.

mgdelhi,, looks like you are an 007, who is that guy ? Never seen any thread in that way ?

anyone can report a post, not only the original poster.
If you have seen such things going on, you should report. Its our responsibility also to keep things clean here.
Couple of things for mods too here, if someone reports a post, his identity should remain confidential, or else people will stop reporting posts. Also, there should be some action on the reported posts if they are found to be violating the rules/ethics or people will think its pointless.

I have reported several thread in the recent past, and could see no action were taken for lot in the initial stages, but need to mention some were taken at last while the discussion get heated up. So everybody needs some enjoyment:p

Dear Ashish, Blasto, Srinisundar, et al,

The point I was trying to make was not to do with pointing out or guiding the seller, but to do with arguments, contention, etc.

For example, check the posts made by mpw, which will explain everything. In fact once he got irked in the past for similar posts in a for-sale thread.

Cheers!

Dear Ashish, Blasto, Srinisundar, et al,

The point I was trying to make was not to do with pointing out or guiding the seller, but to do with arguments, contention, etc.

For example, check the posts made by mpw, which will explain everything. In fact once he got irked in the past for similar posts in a for-sale thread.

Cheers!

hehheee..

You are right, mpw pointed me & others there that we are creating an non-sense there. You caught that right..:D. I pointed him he is also an intruder and joined our gang of intruders.. :eek:hyeah:

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back