Upcoming Indian Vinyl LP Record Releases

Yes, they are. And I have felt same with color vinyl. Black sounds better than color ones.

Some times back got a message from NGH that some from the list of 25 are in stock. Did anyone ordered/listened to any yet

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Has anyone ordered the pre-release of;

The Legendary - Asha Bhosle/ Rafi/Mukesh/RD Burman/Yesudas/Lata?

Wanted to know where from and @

Thx

Mostly old titles which are released recently are inferior than the original release. Either it is Teesri Manzil, Kati Patang, Pakeezah, Kabhi Kabhie, Silsila etc. You can find some reviews here. First time released on LP sounds good (may be because we don't have anything analog to compare with) but still don't expect too much.

Is anyone in the know about Begum Jaan being released on LP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi @prepress

do you know When will Aashiqui 2, Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam and Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak will be released?

I am waiting, not sure where to look for buying one. Please suggest

Amazon has listed following titles for pre-order to be released in May by Sony.
1.The Essential K K
2.The Essential Udit Narayan
3.The Essential Kumar Sanu
4. The Essential Lucky Ali
5. The Essential Kavita Krishnamurthy
6. The Essential Shreya Ghoshal
7. The Essential Pritam
8. The Essential A R Rahman
9. The Essential Sonu Nigam
10. The Essential Arijit Singh
11. The Essential Shankar Ehsaan Loy
12. The Essential Alka Yagnik
13. The Essential Sunidhi Chauhan
14. The Essential Kailash Kher
15. The Essential Shaan
16. The Essential Amit Trivedi

hi @prepress

do you know When will Aashiqui 2, Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam and Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak will be released?

I am waiting, not sure where to look for buying one. Please suggest

They just announced this last month, I hope these are under production and will be soon in market.

Amazon has listed following titles for pre-order to be released in May by Sony.
1.The Essential K K
2.The Essential Udit Narayan
3.The Essential Kumar Sanu
4. The Essential Lucky Ali
5. The Essential Kavita Krishnamurthy
6. The Essential Shreya Ghoshal
7. The Essential Pritam
8. The Essential A R Rahman
9. The Essential Sonu Nigam
10. The Essential Arijit Singh
11. The Essential Shankar Ehsaan Loy
12. The Essential Alka Yagnik
13. The Essential Sunidhi Chauhan
14. The Essential Kailash Kher
15. The Essential Shaan
16. The Essential Amit Trivedi

These companies are becoming greedy, Mostly all above titles they had released on CD recently, some Saregama and Sony ones specially manufactured for Amazon.in and Amazon sold these titles in Lightening Deals @cheap price. They just want to press whatever was prepared for CD (by removing average songs). :D
Posting some of covers...

51mBltH%2BtcL.jpg

51v9V0PmSEL.jpg

51Y6JlQlsFL.jpg

51ySWAtZICL.jpg

51v1IOxBueL.jpg

These companies are becoming greedy, Mostly all above titles they had released on CD recently, some Saregama and Sony ones specially manufactured for Amazon.in and Amazon sold these titles in Lightening Deals @cheap price. They just want to press whatever was prepared for CD (by removing average songs). :D

Any idea whathat quality pressing can we expect?

^ Don't expect anything unique as they will just press LP from CD/Digital source (easier way). They are not that sincere to do proper mastering for Vinyl or to spend time again for bunch of releases.

All of above titles have songs which were originally digitally recorded. So where's the question of using an analogue master?

The quality will be good. I have not been disappointed with any release which has had songs digitally recorded in the first place. As mentioned in other threads I do not buy any new releases of films pre 1990s.

True, but if CD also sounds great as per source then what's the point releasing it on Vinyl? Only format? Same question occurs again.... why spend ten times price than CD if sound is very identical to CD?.

Agreed prepress. Today all English albums are offered on various formats. Which format one wants to buy is upto you. Thats how going ahead it will be. In all new titles, chances are all formats are sourced from the same master. Which format to buy is dependent on whether the buyer has a better vinyl rig or a cd rig. Its not about cd being better or vinyl being better. It simply boils down to the rig you have

Moving ahead, cd, downloads along with vinyl will become niche. Streaming is where the money is. For most new Hindi releases, probably 90% of the money comes from streaming.

Last edited:
Masters are digital but they are much higher resolution than CD quality. The perception here is the vinyl are pressed with CD as master than original master.

True, but if CD also sounds great as per source then what's the point releasing it on Vinyl? Only format? Same question occurs again.... why spend ten times price than CD if sound is very identical to CD?.

I completely agree with you.
Although another point that comes into play is the quality of the cd pressing itself. If you do get a good cd pressing then makes no sense to buy the LP of you already have a decent digital rig.

I am personally not very confident of cd pressings done in india . A us/U.K./German or up pressing is very good. With my limited exposure, French and Dutch cd pressings are no too good either.
Malaysian pressings suck as much as Indian .

I think these have to do with the quality and sourcing for the glass mothers used to press.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi I think Indian companies have become very greedy , Lp 's for international artists where they have much higher royalty is cheaper and here even compilations they are peddling at 1500rs , I do understand that there has to be margins but at this price they might kill the revival of vinyls . Ideally they should have priced between 600 -800 rs as internationally you can get records pressed for 2-4 $ and this give them sufficient margins

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back