Upcoming Indian Vinyl LP Record Releases

Hi I think Indian companies have become very greedy , Lp 's for international artists where they have much higher royalty is cheaper and here even compilations they are peddling at 1500rs , I do understand that there has to be margins but at this price they might kill the revival of vinyls . Ideally they should have priced between 600 -800 rs as internationally you can get records pressed for 2-4 $ and this give them sufficient margins

Quantity of pressing also mater. Here in most cases it will be pressed only 300-500. But international albums may be pressed in few thousand because large scope of sale.

Agreed prepress. Today all English albums are offered on various formats. Which format one wants to buy is upto you. Thats how going ahead it will be. In all new titles, chances are all formats are sourced from the same master. Which format to buy is dependent on whether the buyer has a better vinyl rig or a cd rig. Its not about cd being better or vinyl being better. It simply boils down to the rig you have

Moving ahead, cd, downloads along with vinyl will become niche. Streaming is where the money is. For most new Hindi releases, probably 90% of the money comes from streaming.

Afaik, english cds in west are not too cheap( indicative price for indian albums is 2-3$ whereas for english albums its 7-15$) that means a vinyl is barely 2 to 3 times as expensive as cd there. I doubt most albums on Lp in west would sell as much as in india. Its not pressed just in 1 country and exported everywhere. They r pressed in multiple countries which limits their production volume in pressing.
But yeah would u spend 10 15 times the money for equal quality? If you intend to buy 20 30 or more Lps at 1499, get a cdp/ DAC and you can get lot of post 90s albums Wch won't be released on Lp anyway in addition to titles like above.
In other words, if you wish to listen to music post Lp era, you anyway have to get the CDP/DAC. Save some moolah while u r at it.

Received the Aashiqui 2 lp from Amazon the pressing is on 180g and recording quality is good, there are other vinyls launched by T series on NGH website

Heard Aashiqui, Rahman At Its Best and Rahat Fateh Ali Sufis. All 3 lps are dead silent and decent sounding. I prefer this Aashiqui to the original pressing which was both tinny and also a bit noisy. The new Aashiqui is a single lp and has all the best songs. Also it has a little more body as compared to original and is dead silent.

I really want ROCK ON (can't recall if its T-Series or not), Dil Chahta Hai & WAKE UP SAID on vinyl. Also I'm definitely buying QSQT on vinyl.

Gupt and rangeela is released form TIPS, not sure about SQ from TIPS release. Any members got it already, it will be great to have feedback.

Two of my all time favourite

I liked mine, Maine Pyar Kia sound amazing for me, we all hear differently suppose............... I wanted to know about Gupt and rangeela

I have Maine Pyar Kiya old pressing and sounds amazing, its CD is no where near that old pressing LP of MPK.
I understand why @prem didn't like the newly pressed LP of MPK, I guess the new LP is sourced from the same master of CD.

Got a copy of Phir Teri Kahaani Yaad aaye which was never released in LP earlier now released as a limited numbered edition. SQ is very good. Pleasing High, good Bass and clear Mid. Worth buying.

Any one have the Mohabbatein ( Amitabh & Sharuk) LP and if so, SQ pls.

As @prepress mentioned, the SQ will be as good as CD, or little better. These news release is no longer true Lossless, which was case with old pressing which was sourced form analog masters.

Set your expectation accordingly, I normally do not buy new release if I already have good Audio cassette of same album. Parinda cassette sounds awesome, but Gupt and rangeela cassette released from Tips sounds crap, I will be buying both of them.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back