UPS for My receiver and other gadgets

All , I need a very urgent information !!! I went ahead and purchased APC Smart UPS SUA1500I. Today I got it delivered to my home, so I opened the box and found two power cables which i can use to connect to the PC... and I don't see any power card to connect to my plug point....Am I missing something or I need to do something else to make the UPS take Raw power from plug point ?

Please help !!!!!

All , I need a very urgent information !!! I went ahead and purchased APC Smart UPS SUA1500I. Today I got it delivered to my home, so I opened the box and found two power cables which i can use to connect to the PC... and I don't see any power card to connect to my plug point....Am I missing something or I need to do something else to make the UPS take Raw power from plug point ?

Please help !!!!!

lol .... I has the same problem .... APC is not for India ... (I said it somewhere) any way, I had to get a custom made power outlet to be able to use it with my UPS. or get something like what baijuxavior suggests.

Hi!

An UPS will protect u from intermittent power failure. But there is one problem in India which can be catastrophic. This happens when the neutral & phase in in incoming feeders get crossed. Then the other 2 phases develop 440v & all ur equipment gets fried. This happens more so if the incoming feeders are overhead wires.

The only protection for this is to place a high voltage rupture disc in the circuit, preferably as close to your main fuse as possible. I have a couple of posts on this topic, including photos. Do & search of my posts and implement the same asap.

regards

Sridhar

UPS can isolate voltage110-260 v cannot protect surges .and for surge you can install good quality lightning or surge protection ,on main line phase MCB and this will gave you guaranty for saving light and surge at
CLASS -B surge protector /surge level .
hardly cost 2k
DEHNrail - Two-Pole Surge Arrester - DEHN Products

This unit is ideal when u are building up the electrical wiring from scratch. If protection is required on a local basis then individual rupture discs at the servo stabiliser input terminals will do the trick.

So depending on ur situation choose the method. But pls implement a High Voltage/Lightning strike protection ASAP as you will be protected from catastrophic damages -- This Message is a request to all HFV members.

Hi , I have a question. Excuse if it sounds dumb !!! I purchased a UPS SUA1500I for my setup. But I already have a V-Guard voltage stabilizer and a Belkin surge protector, can use these equipment's along with my UPS? Belkin strip makes sense since I connect all the equipment's in it and connect the strip with UPS for a cleaner setup. But does connecting stabilizer with UPS makes any sense at all?

Additional protection does not really harm but isn't this protection already built into the UPS's in the form of MOV's just after the inlet fuse? At least mine has...I've seen some with GDT's as well at the input.

One issue with such protection is that after a finite number of strikes, the protection devices are rendered useless and you'll never know whether you are still protected or not. If you are in a high surge prone area it is recommended to replace these every few years.

This unit is ideal when u are building up the electrical wiring from scratch. If protection is required on a local basis then individual rupture discs at the servo stabiliser input terminals will do the trick.

So depending on ur situation choose the method. But pls implement a High Voltage/Lightning strike protection ASAP as you will be protected from catastrophic damages -- This Message is a request to all HFV members.

hi sridhar. I am quite interested in using this - can you pls create a blog post of this article as it gets lost in a thread under so many posts.

Hi all,
Me too facing the same problem. But i dont have generator. I have onkyo tx-nr 5008. Most of the time power got tripped down. So I changed to my old receiver. Before 5008 i had onkyo hts9300thx. I havent faced that kind of problem. After switching to 5008 i am facing this problem. The equipments i have are

Onkyo tx-nr 5008
Powered subwoofer
ps3 slim
wii
Tata sky HD DVR
Sony BDP
Sony 32 inch LCD

Please give me your suggestions.

5008 is a quite a powerful reciever and got a toroidal transformer inside , quite possible that its inrush is tripping the mcb , use properly sized mcb and maybe use a D type instead of the common b type used in house holds
(above logic assumes it is the mcb that is tripping when you say power trips down,,and not elcb which means some kind of leakage )

5008 is a quite a powerful reciever and got a toroidal transformer inside , quite possible that its inrush is tripping the mcb , use properly sized mcb and maybe use a D type instead of the common b type used in house holds
(above logic assumes it is the mcb that is tripping when you say power trips down,,and not elcb which means some kind of leakage )

Thanks borg. I am very new to this kind of stuff. I really dont understand what mcb or elcb means. Please give me little more explanation and the possible solutions.

please explain exactly what is happening when you say "power is tripping", (which breaker? MCB or ELCB? what is the rating? if elcb you will lose total power to house and mcb trips that particular circuit-(a room in which avr is connected)

please explain exactly what is happening when you say "power is tripping", (which breaker? MCB or ELCB? what is the rating? if elcb you will lose total power to house and mcb trips that particular circuit-(a room in which avr is connected)

Power tripping happening mostly in day time. And its only for that room wher avr is connected. Earlier i had onkyo htib. I didnt face these kind of problem. After switching over to 5008 i am facing this problem. I have 4kva stabilizer. I have connected tv, woofer and avr in that stabilizer.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back