UPS for My receiver and other gadgets

it is a 6Amps type B mcb, onkyo reciever itself will need 5-6Amp,also need to add the other loads in that circuit/room, to get the correct sized mcb(10A or more)
you will need to hire an electrician to get it replaced(unless you want to do yourself)
the toroidal and large caps inside will cause large inrush current as well, so get a D type which has higher inrush rating so as to solve this problem completely

it is a 6Amps type B mcb, onkyo reciever itself will need 5-6Amp,also need to add the other loads in that circuit/room, to get the correct sized mcb(10A or more)
you will need to hire an electrician to get it replaced(unless you want to do yourself)
the toroidal and large caps inside will cause large inrush current as well, so get a D type which has higher inrush rating so as to solve this problem completely

Thanks borg.

Borg,

Very logical explanation you have provided. :)
Replacing with a 10A MCB should clear Badri's problem.

Cheers

Guys have a problem connecting my UPS to the devices. The back of the UPS has IEC female points (guess that's what its called). To connect my regular device 3 pin to this socket I would need a converter. I checked in local shops nearby and they don't even know if it exists. Can some pls help me out, where can i get this online or in Bangalore....thanks a lot...My UPS is APC SUA1500I

Guys have a problem connecting my UPS to the devices. The back of the UPS has IEC female points (guess that's what its called). To connect my regular device 3 pin to this socket I would need a converter. I checked in local shops nearby and they don't even know if it exists. Can some pls help me out, where can i get this online or in Bangalore....thanks a lot...My UPS is APC SUA1500I

Now what I did was that I bought a Belkin Power Strip the Gold series and then replaced its 3 point plug with the one which goes into the output of the UPS and for Amplifiers I had a QED power cable with removable power plug so changed the same with the one accepted by the UPS.
Now you will be able to find the plugs at a computer shop or market like Nehru place in Delhi.

in general UPS devices are not recommended for high quality AV gear because of two reasons:
1- Conventionally avaliable UPS systems do not have good quality surge protection , there are special dedicated surge protection devices such as belkin pure av power conditioner pf 30 and pf 60 series , Monster power conditioners , Philips surge protectors for av devices which should be used with our systems. These devices offer a lot more than being dedicated surge protection systems like Multiphase PureFilter Circuitry, designed to remove electrical noise.Advanced design isolates audio, video, and digital components, and prevents noise created by one connected component from contaminating the entire system

2- and secondly sudden faliure of a ups battery may cause serious damage to smps power supplies in media players , bluray players etc my equipment suffered one time because of this

the only thing for which ups are preffered and are necessary is a projector and we all understand that
and if any one wants to use ups systems for uninterrupted movie playback during power failure then plz make sure u use an extremly good surge protector as well

Last edited:
If you can't find the plug, then buy something like this. Cut the other end and connect it to a normal power plug or replace the cable of a extension board with it.

I have a frontech UPS which also has that type of output. However an adaptor is bundled to connect other devices.

Someone pliz clarify this noob question.

If I have an UPS like APC SMART UPS SUA-1500i, will I still need to have a stabilizer?

Thanks @countrock. I found this as well and I got it yesterday and it works perfectly.

MDR Electronics - MX Electronics - Home Theater Cables & Connectors - Computers & Laptop Accessories - Pro Audio / Studio Audio Cables & Connectors - Audio Video Components & Accessories - Fiber Optic Component & Accessories - Cable TV Component & Ac

For those who live in Bangalore its available in SP road PLATINEX enterprises and Sanson electronics. It would cost around 85-100 , since I live in whitefiled, local electronic guy got it for 120.

I'm planning to use this adapter to connect my belkin surge protector to the UPS. If any issues with this setup please let me know....thanks all for your help !!!

Thanks @countrock. I found this as well and I got it yesterday and it works perfectly.

MDR Electronics - MX Electronics - Home Theater Cables & Connectors - Computers & Laptop Accessories - Pro Audio / Studio Audio Cables & Connectors - Audio Video Components & Accessories - Fiber Optic Component & Accessories - Cable TV Component & Ac

For those who live in Bangalore its available in SP road PLATINEX enterprises and Sanson electronics. It would cost around 85-100 , since I live in whitefiled, local electronic guy got it for 120.
That's neat. Good find :)

I would have cut off plugs and changed them. It's years since I wired one of those iec plugs, as everything comes moulded these days, but I remember them as being a real pain. You have to cut and strip the cable to just the right length.

I'm planning to use this adapter to connect my belkin surge protector to the UPS. If any issues with this setup please let me know....thanks all for your help !!!
Surge protector after the UPS? Why not before, so that the UPS is protected too.

I'm asking, not saying! I don't know the answer...

Is there a male 3 pin D plug to female computer type plug? I need this for a extension cord I got with my Champion UPS to plug my fridge into. currently I plug in a computer A/C power cord into the extension box to power it but thats two cables plus a iec male/female link making it longer than I need at 1mtr+1mtr.

--G0bble

Another question to the experts here.

When we get power in both phase and neutral lines due to crossing outside, will a good UPS provide isolation to the connected equipment or will the power in neutral line get to the connected load as well.

Won't it be better to buy 2 or 3 600 VA APC UPS's, rather than buy one big one?

This way it will be much cheaper - 3 x 600VA should cost you less than 6000 INR, and in case if issues you can always replace the faulty one?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back