UPS for My receiver and other gadgets

I guess Pure Sine wave is a better option and if price is good Sine Wave online is even better. But keeping the cost in mind I guess sine wave makes sense. I'm in for group buy , so its 2 of us, anyone else?

Interested in 1500 or 2200VA Sinewave Line Interactive or online UPS (based on pricing) for the following.

42" LCD - Philips 42PFL7409
HTPC - i3 530 based
PoHD
AVR - RX-V667

My generator power backup kicks in within 10-15 seconds of utility power failure. So the UPS does not need huge battery backup autonomy and hence preference for UPS with internal battery with optional facility to add external battery if required..

Based on pricing, I may also pitch in for the group buy.

So you may consider the count as 3 for now.

Guys! any one got a quote from APC for 1500 or 2200 va , send me via PM.

I can check with a friend of mine who works in APC as regional manager to help us find better price.

Again, I need a quote no phone prices.

Guys! any one got a quote from APC for 1500 or 2200 va , send me via PM.

I can check with a friend of mine who works in APC as regional manager to help us find better price.

Again, I need a quote no phone prices.

The last time I checked the prices where 14k and 19.5k. Will talk to my dealer on the 9th when I get back to Pune.

@kittu sent you a PM after checking with couple of dealers in Bangalore....

guys can I disclose the price in the forum or is it against forum rules?

Any one interested in the 2200 va version , any best price received so far?

Bangalore -only.

Hi guys,
I would also recommend Liebert (Emerson) online UPS product and i have been using the same for quite some time now. We have frequent and abrupt power failures apart from the variation in voltage which is extremely high (voltage varying from 150V to 275 V sometimes).

So far this UPS has been one of the best upgrade i have had in recent times saving lot of pain by giving desired equipment safety and allowing uninterupting music/movies sessions. The model i use is Liebert GXT-MT + 3 kVA online UPS system.

Please ensure that the fan noise (check the fan dB level across the makes/models while you chose the UPS) is taken care of while loacting the UPS unit. It is best avoided in a AV rack. Hope this helps.
Regards-Sachin

for the cost of a branded offline/lineinteractive ups(like the sua series from apc) you can probably get a local online ups which is a much better solution for protecting the hifi

lineinteractive is not a good idea if you have frequent voltage fluctuations( or generator with unstable frequency), my sua 1000i relays failed twice due to this and now i use a local online ups. sua 1000i replacement unit now being kept idle

yes you cannot keep it on the avrack due to fan noise

Last edited:
HT:Samsung PS50c550 Sony BDP-S370 Onkyo HTS-3300 with MS carnival 6 fronts
BIG TV HD DVR , TS HD ,DVDO EDGE

Gaming/HTPC: I7 930 HD5850 Liteon Bluray drive
2 TB HDD,Logitech G27 wheel
ups :APC sua 1000i/ supra 1kva online

Thanks for your answer, borg. Can you please indicate which of your above equipment is on the UPS and how many of them are powered on at the same time?

Just received a quote for Emerson GXT MT+ Series 3 KVA UPS. 27,500 + 5% VAT. I am planning to get it early next week.

Does anyone know how much the online UPS's from APC cost? I believe their product codes start with SURT.

Thanks for your answer, borg. Can you please indicate which of your above equipment is on the UPS and how many of them are powered on at the same time?

every one of them:D, there is a power meter in the online ups display , it say 520W,595VA, when everything is on

Last edited:
How much did you pay for the unit and batteries? which batteries were provided? warranty details?

Paid 28K inclusive of taxes and duties. Batteries are inbuilt, yes there is also a model to which you can connect external batteries for longer backups, i didn't opt for same, as extended power backup was not an objective but it was safe shut down in case of power failure.

Request all to check the detailed thread started by forum member, ajay124 on the subject for more insight on the online UPS system. Regards.

Just received a quote for Emerson GXT MT+ Series 3 KVA UPS. 27,500 + 5% VAT. I am planning to get it early next week.

Does anyone know how much the online UPS's from APC cost? I believe their product codes start with SURT.

APC Smart RC 2000 VA (SRC 2000 XLI-CC) was costing Rs, 30,250/= (non negotiated prices in 2010), however, the 3kVA unit (APC Smart-UPS XL 3000VA RM; 3U 230V, Part Number:SUA3000RMXLI3U) will cost more. Please check the latest prices though. Regards.

Guys, totally confused now reading multiple threads. Should spend some more money (30K) and go for online UPS? or will APC's smart UPS (sine) will do for 14K....thanks....

APC vs Emerson.....product wise both the products are at par ...but i believe Emerson gives 1 Yr warranty and APC are with 2Yr warranty....and more importantly APC offers replacement warranty.......
Secondly in my personal opinion APC is best....as i work with APC:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back