UPS for My receiver and other gadgets

I realize I am late in getting on this thread; have a similar config LCD TV 42"+Denon AVR 1911+Velodyne subwoofer+ps3 slim+TataSky STB; max possible load 1200W; min 1000 watts. Yeah the generator backup kicks in my apt within a minute, so UPS is essentially for quality of power + power redundancy for less than a minute. Yes I put in a 2 KVA servo stabilizer at distribution panel so that the input power (BESCOM or DG) is ok quality. I have narrowed APC SUA2200i; few questions to more knowledgeable friends (1) does this UPS work fine on DG power; I have asked the Apt folks to confirm if the frequency is 50/60Hz+ -3 HZ which is required by APC (2) how good is APC post sale service and (3) is there any electric/electronic interference/noise level one should take care from the UPS... Thanks in advance for valuable advice/guidance. Cheers

how good is APC post sale service

They replaced my computer UPS (BACK-UPS1500 and external battery pack) at 1-year-and-ten-months into two-year warranty, no questions asked. We complained it was only giving power for 15 minutes instead of two hours, and they just replaced! I never expected that, just thought it was worth a try, so I was impressed.

Frankly, with heavy use and frequent draining, two years was probably a reasonable expectation for the battery life. We've just gone into the second cycle now, having had a paid replacement of the batteries. In 2013, I'll probably buy a new unit, with warranty again ...

Otherwise, with a unit like this, until the batteries need to be replaced, it is unlikely to need any a-s-s.

my experience is same as Thad. Apc has been very good in response to our calls. My home inverter was replaced twice due to lightning. They never asked the reason. Replaced it with new piece. They have a SLA of 48 hrs to solve any ticket they get i think. Once one of my ticket was wrongly closed by a support guy without attending. I raised another complaint for this and it made such a hungama. Some 5-6 people from various levels called up and apologized as per my parents. Have never got a better A.S.S. And the better part is whatever they replaced always worked with me until the next big lightning. i am not sure about the bangalore service but i think it should be more or less same.

until the batteries need to be replaced, it is unlikely to need any a-s-s

err... until the batteries need to be replaced, or it gets kicked by lightening it is unikely...

/monty python/ Among the reasons for a-s-s are /monty python off/.

az2325, it is good to know that my experience was not a one-off. In your case, as well as mine, a company could easily have said that they are not responsible for that kind of damage or usage.

Slightly off-topic, but the engineer for our local APC supplier repaired a Premier stabiliser that the Premier engineer had no hope for!

I realize I am late in getting on this thread; have a similar config LCD TV 42"+Denon AVR 1911+Velodyne subwoofer+ps3 slim+TataSky STB; max possible load 1200W; min 1000 watts. Yeah the generator backup kicks in my apt within a minute, so UPS is essentially for quality of power + power redundancy for less than a minute. Yes I put in a 2 KVA servo stabilizer at distribution panel so that the input power (BESCOM or DG) is ok quality. I have narrowed APC SUA2200i; few questions to more knowledgeable friends (1) does this UPS work fine on DG power; I have asked the Apt folks to confirm if the frequency is 50/60Hz+ -3 HZ which is required by APC (2) how good is APC post sale service and (3) is there any electric/electronic interference/noise level one should take care from the UPS... Thanks in advance for valuable advice/guidance. Cheers

If DG only provides, say, 500W and your UPS is 1200W, most likely it will trip the DG output to your apartment. I have a similar question of whether or not a UPS of 700W will trip DG output of 500W.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back