Urgent Help Reqd : Epson 8350 vs Optoma HD20

I am thinking of placing order for Optoma HD20 its costing 899$.. any suggestions on any other good DLP projector under 1K $ ( i guess the next step would be Mitsubishi HC4000 but then thats above 1100$) any other suggestions are welcome !!
There is 'Acer H5360'.
Lastly, other than HDMI, do i need to order any other cable? I am not going to connect my PC with my PJ , but may sometimes like to watch match on the PJ. So do I need to order Component or composite cable? and if yes should i order from US or we can get a good one from the India itself.
It really depends on your planned setup! If you are planning to connect PJ with a source that doesn't has HDMI output, then I guess you do need a long component/composite cable too. Please note that unlike HDMI, signal degradation will be significant in long component/composite cables, so you need to have really good quality cables.
If getting cables from US is a possibility, then order them from monoprice as GeorgeO suggests and get them brought over here through some friend.

Friends - Any suggestions on the PJ mount please ....:)

Vinay - Thanks a ton for help with my questions regarding the placement. You suggested that if possible the mount should also be imported from the US along with the PJ. I am completely new to this thing, can you suggest a link or two for ceiling PJ mount for HD20. I will have to hang it around 16-18 inches below the POP ceiling.

If you are shopping at monoprice check out their mount. I got one from them (around $15) and has been serving me well for more than a year now. Apart from this as others have mentioned their HDMI cables are value for money, I have a few 25ft ones and no issues till date. Using all this with HD20 in a complete dark room and no complaints.
If you are lookijng for something locally check out ebay, you should be able to get them for around 1.5-2K. A friend of mine got one for his HD20 and works fine.

Again with HD20 once you fix it you just leave it, the only prob being you need to take the exact measurements. With LCD you dont need to be perfect with your markings, the lens shift can take care of this.
-Manish

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back