URGENT help required on Panasonic Viera P42V20

gkoneti

Hi all

I am planning to buy a factory seconds Panasonic Viera P42V20 for about INR 35,000. One problem is that it does not come with TV stand (missing part and hence the low price) or pedestal. Request any HiFi member having unused TV stand with them. I am unable to use wall mount as my TV cabinet is already there and don't want to shift TV location.

Since the this plasma tv is excellent in picture quality, I want to take some pains to locate one stand and use it. please help urgently.

thank you.

If I were in your place I would not touch the factory seconds plasma with a barge pole. Firstly the price is too high secondly the model is over four years old.

My advice is buy a brand new Samsung Plasma. It would cost you less than 35k , you will get warranty and the picture quality will be as good as that of the 4 year old Panasonic.

I am sure most if the forum members would give you the same advice.

thank you Zoony. My dilemma is that apart from Panasonic V series, Samsung, LG do not have capabilities to make Full HD Plasma in 42 inch size. Now the question is

1. Since Neo PDP itself is the final benchmark in quality, there is no further innovation beyond that in terms of PQ. So do i need to worry if the the said model is more than four years old but unused. This is confirmed by the seller, Gobol.

2. Price is high, i agree. it should have been around 25000. Other Plasma options are LG 50PB6600 retailing at around 58K.

strangely, other options that i have shortlisted ate Sony 32W700B at around 40K and Mitashi MIDE039V10 at 25K. Mitashi looks very good in display when i looked at it when some USB movie was playing. It has 3 years warranty.

Forum experts, pls guide.

If you can find a good fabricator the problem is solved. Once you figure out how the attachment is done it can be made from metal and finished with powder coating of same finish as TV.

gkoneti,

It's very likely you won't get spares for this V20 models in case of issues. I had to wait for more than a month to get the replacement board for my ST30 which was in warranty. I would suggest you to look out for other brands if your planning for plasma.

Rs 35,000 is too risky for a V20.

Given that it was a great tv for it's time. But factory seconds at Rs 35,000 absolutely not.

You can get a brand new LG plasma (I know not FHD but HD) for Rs 32,000 so why risk this TV?

You can forget spares like boards, panels etc. Even Rs 25,000 I feel is too much forget Rs 35,000.

Rather than buy this TV, you can buy a used plasma TV at places like OLX for less than that. Given that a "used TV" and "factory seconds" are almost at the same level.

My advise do not go for it, the final decision is of course yours.

Last edited:
Hi

Thank you all for your expert comments and observations. I have decided to discard V20 from my mind. Though with a heavy heart.

Just bought Toshiba 39L3300 fullhd LED for Rs. 40700. This bit steep price when compared with online prices from snapdeal, Infibeam etc. But Toshiba on its website cautioned against those purchases and said that sometimes the warranty may not be available for those products. Croma has a price of 39990 but stock was not available. So finally purchased from a local distributor, Yes mart. Sealed piece with manufacturing date of June 2014. Very recent stock.

Have demoed the TV at the showroom for one hour with all settings and satisfied myself.

Thank you all for the suggestions.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back