URGENT- need review of mordaunt short genie 5.1 speakers and some suggestions.

dmann

hi guys
i need a review of this ms genie 5.1 speakers.i have heard them and they sound very well.i am getting them for 70k including cambridge 340 av receiver.it seems a good deal.can anyone review this system for me plz.there specs are available on mordaunt short website and of all the 5.1 packages available today i think they have better specs and they indeed sound very good.

i know for 70k i can think of other systems too like bookshelves in the front or maybe floorstanders but due to soo many choices i am confused.

so along with these speakers review i want the great audiophiles here to give me 3 best reccomendations for building my setup in 70k.i will really appreciate that.kindly suggest the whole setup i.e speakers plus sub plus av receiver.

i want to buy a system soon.so please do reply.

thanks

Since you are looking for a 5.1 speakers why not go with

Denon / Onkyo receivers with Paradigm cinema/Deftech pro cinema / Klipsch HDT / Energy take classic packages.

No idea on genie package so cant help there.. May be experts can help...

Good Luck.

Since you are looking for a 5.1 speakers why not go with

Denon / Onkyo receivers with Paradigm cinema/Deftech pro cinema / Klipsch HDT / Energy take classic packages.

No idea on genie package so cant help there.. May be experts can help...

Good Luck.

i am looking for either 5.1 setup or a combination but within 70k.i dont want to spend more than that.
i have compared the genie to the 5.1 systems you mentioned and the genie have better specs and i have also heard them and they sound good and they are well within my budget.
moreover i dont think all these systems are available at my place.so availabilty is also an issue.i may get them but auditioning will not be possible.
and for the combination within 70k i need three top suggestions coz more options tend to confuse more.so top 3 choices will definitely help.
looking forward for the help.

thanks.

i strongly recommend wharfedale 9 HCP or the 9.1 if it comes in the budget. they are one of the best value for money speakers out there and lot of ppl in this forum are using wharfedale for there home theater/stereo listening
regards

For a HT FS setup, your best bet would be like this:

Sonodyne
FS 24k
Center 5k
Rear 10-12k

Receiver Marantz NR1501 or 5004 around 30k

Total around 75k

What you have listened to is perhaps one of the top recommendations as well.

You can also consider Anthony Gallo, Definitive Technology etc

guys can you please list 3 or may be 5 top choices according to you for 5.1 setup within 70k..that will help me more.

thanks

For a HT FS setup, your best bet would be like this:

Sonodyne
FS 24k
Center 5k
Rear 10-12k

Receiver Marantz NR1501 or 5004 around 30k

T

Maranz official price?
Also where marantz 5004 available for 30 K as amazon price is500US$

thanks man it is definitely a good review.
this review is from the year 2004 and everywhere i look i cant seem to find any recent review of this system.does it mean it is a very old model and maybe it is discontinued?
also it is hasnt been discussed here either.it means it is less popular and a bit old.
what is you guys take on this?should i look for the latest offerings?

and what about the top recommendations for 5.1 combination setup.
ok let me start with the first choice which is indeed very popular

1.wharfedale 9 series 5.1 with a good av receiver within 70k.

please do post other choices as i see so many threads where people are asking the same thing i.e. best combo setup with a reasonable budget which in my case is 70k.so give your top choices so that we all can benefit.

thanks

what about the list for combinations.can you people suggest me the various top options for combinatons within 70k.looking forward.

thanks

Common forum members give me some replies.
the genie 5.1 is a great sounding system for the budget....n coupled with the 340r ..it makes a gud combo................what room size do u have.....................i have 1st hand experience with these speakers so ...i do know they sound good if setup properly!

the genie 5.1 is a great sounding system for the budget....n coupled with the 340r ..it makes a gud combo................what room size do u have.....................i have 1st hand experience with these speakers so ...i do know they sound good if setup properly!

Finally found someone who have used these speakers.
My room size is 16*12.
I want to know certain things from you

1.what price did you get them and with which amp you used them.
2.how are these compared to something like the wharfadale 9 series package in the same price range as genie.
3.are they equally good in both movies and music?

Looking forward for your replies.

Thanks.

can you please reply?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back