Urgent - Pls Advise on Shipping from US (USPS/FedEx)

Any one here's used Bax Global for shipping? Appreciate your comments on it's service. The only shipping options the vendor im trying to buy from provides are USPS and Bax Global. We all know what happens if we choose USPS... :mad:

I beg to differ.It maybe best to use Fedex orsomething similar for higher value stuff, but for lower value items USPS also works.I got two passive radiators a few years ago by USPS lowest cost option-presumably by sea-it took 2 months to reach but came in fine..I didnt track it of course.

For receiving purchases from the United States/Canada,

USPS for small packets containing very small parts etc, usually under $50, more like below $30 is great! Most of the time they're delivered without a single customs duty charge by India Post to the doorstep, (at least my experience!).

Fedex is again, always preferred but will attach a customs bill even if the contents are $10-20 in value. Nevertheless, their service is 1st class.

I've had 3 of my packets 'lost' in transit which were sent to me by friends. There was one more which had 1 of the 2 items packed in the envelope missing when it reached me! :mad: My friends chose USPS or Royal Mail on their end, which I guess are pretty good. But once they reach India, somehow they got 'lost'. This is in no way the fault of USPS, since local delivery is handled by India Posts. However, I would rather not have them deliver anything to me, if I could help it.

My Experience with USPS Priority Mail/India Post.

Purchased through ebay.com an OPPO 981HD DVDP on 25th Nov 09.
Seller shipped and provided me the USPS tracking no on 30th Nov 09. (couple of days delay from Seller end due to Holiday "Thanks Giving Day/Black Friday).

I was able to track thru' USPS tracking site.
Item arrived Delhi Customs on 10th Dec and out of Delhi Customs on 11th Nov.

Some how got hold of "Foregn Post" helpdesk no chennai - 044 25240962 and called them on 15th Dec 09, on providing my USPS tracking no, she was able to retrieve the details and said yet to arrive chennai customs and suggested to call a week later (looks like they maintain a separate tool to track the item locally in India and to my surprise the help desk lady was very polite and even provided me with a Complaint No to furnish and know the status in future)

Out of curiosity i called the above helpdesk no the next day 16th Dec 09, wow the item landed at Chennai Customs. Helpdesk gave me Meenamabakkam Post Office No 044 22341898 and suggested to ask for a local tracking no from them (she also gave me Customs No 044 22340008/22560941).

Took two days to clear customs and to reach from Meenambakkam to Thrivanmiyur post office via the sorting office.

Paid Cusoms around RS 1400/- for a $180 worth item and took the player from Thiruvanmiyur Post Office directly as i do not want to allow the post man to carry my player in his bi-cycle and get screwed in the last lap.

Received the item though opened, neatly packed again, tied witha rope and sealed, took more than 5 minutes to remove the rope completely.

Lucky to receive the player intact on Saturday 19th Dec 09. :yahoo:

Moral of the Story - USPS/India Post combo is not bad with my experience except for the wait time. 20+ days.....

My Experience with USPS Priority Mail/India Post.

Moral of the Story - USPS/India Post combo is not bad with my experience except for the wait time. 20+ days.....

Congrats and lucky few to get a good service from USPS/Indian Post and thanks for giving a good rating.. Trust ur followup of the item has given a good result to get the item in time..:) If you are able to get goods within 20+days it is good..

Got a call from home...the package has arrived...in 3.5 days flat!!! :clapping:

still have to unpack the box and check the physical conditions of the drivers though...

Government Indian Post has improved a lot in the recent years. I always prefer them to private couriers. Checkout any new renovated post office.

Regards

For receiving purchases from the United States/Canada,

USPS for small packets containing very small parts etc, usually under $50, more like below $30 is great! Most of the time they're delivered without a single customs duty charge by India Post to the doorstep, (at least my experience!).

Fedex is again, always preferred but will attach a customs bill even if the contents are $10-20 in value. Nevertheless, their service is 1st class.
USPS small envelops go as low as 1.5$..50 to 100gram packs come easily.One just needs to negotiate the seller for this mode,chips and parts come happily in bubble packs.

I would say it depends on your luck and the modod of the customs guys at that time.

Both Fedex and UPS are known for their services hence if any delay or issue has to happen then primarily it will be with customs or in our country...

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back