Urgent suggestions for Xcent

varma_vikas

Hi all of you.
My friend has recently purchased hyundai xcent and currently installed JBL speakers with sony head unit.
I have suggested him to go and replace sony with pioneer (rs.4.5k and 7k apx)because we wish to play. WAV and flac and his current sony is just a mp3.

Do we need to install an amp also?

Please provide some good suggestions under 15k.

My suggestion is to buy component speakers for front. Buy a 4 channel amplifier, 2 channels to drive front left & right speakers & remaining 2 channels bridged to drive subwoofer. Subwoofer can be added later also.

Wav & flac compatible hu is definitely recommended.

Hi all of you.
My friend has recently purchased hyundai xcent and currently installed JBL speakers with sony head unit.
I have suggested him to go and replace sony with pioneer (rs.4.5k and 7k apx)because we wish to play. WAV and flac and his current sony is just a mp3.

Do we need to install an amp also?

Please provide some good suggestions under 15k.

Yes Pioneer is a good option. Just make sure it has atleast 2 pairs of Pre Outs. JBL speakers however are okay to have. Are they the GTO version? No issues with that. An amp will definitely help. It will bring out the potential in the speakers. Get a 4 channel amp. Two channels power the front speakers and the other two can drive the rear speakers or the Sub.

Which components, its best to visit a trusted installer and check out the components he has in his inventory.

MaSh

Yes Pioneer is a good option. Just make sure it has atleast 2 pairs of Pre Outs. JBL speakers however are okay to have. Are they the GTO version? No issues with that. An amp will definitely help. It will bring out the potential in the speakers. Get a 4 channel amp. Two channels power the front speakers and the other two can drive the rear speakers or the Sub.

Which components, its best to visit a trusted installer and check out the components he has in his inventory.

MaSh
Thank you sir,
I am sorry for very late reply. My friend installed the system with pioneer+JBL and he is very very happy with his combo without any amplifier..
I need one more suggestion please..
If I wish to install the same combo in my room,,,how this idea will get implemented??

MaSh

I don't know which version the speakers are but they cost APX 3500 only

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you sir,
I am sorry for very late reply. My friend installed the system with pioneer+JBL and he is very very happy with his combo without any amplifier..
I need one more suggestion please..
If I wish to install the same combo in my room,,,how this idea will get implemented??
Thanks and regards
Vikas varma
ICE in room doesn't go well. People have surely tried it, but the fact remains those speakers are designed for a small, closed, acoustically treated interiors of a car and not for a room. My suggestion, get a home audio setup.

MaSh

ICE in room doesn't go well. People have surely tried it, but the fact remains those speakers are designed for a small, closed, acoustically treated interiors of a car and not for a room. My suggestion, get a home audio setup.

MaSh
Thank you,
I am an audiophile & I actually liked the price to performance ratio of a car audio.
Home audio are all at least 3 - 4 times the price.for eg minimum 60 - 70k.
This is the reason I thought to go for this.

Car audio is comparstively expensive if you compare equal level of sound in car vs home audio.

Home audio speakers consists of componet speakers i.e Midbass/tweeter & crossover with build in box. Same level good component will cost min 15 to 20k plus cost of box. More over to make suitable spec box is very difficult.

Then car speakees are 2 or 4 ohm where as home audio speakers are 6 or 8 ohm.

Back