Velodyne Impact 10 poor performance

Now i can hear a good bass in stereo mode by doing changing in settings. I have override all the settings done by Auto Audyssey Setup.
Setup in AVR
Front Speakers are set to SMALL.
Bass Settings : LFE + Main
Subwoofer Volume: 0dB
Subwoofer Crossover Frequency : 80Hz
Front BS Crossover Frequency : 60Hz
Center Crossover Frequency : 90Hz
Rear Crossover Frequency : 80Hz
Speaker Setup : A

Subwoofer volume is set 12 Oclock position.
subwoofer frequency knob at Full open
Phase : 0 degree. (I can't hear any difference by switching to 180 degree).

What i have understood is Aviano 2 have a frequency response of 45hz - 20khz. I take that to mean that any frequency under the 45hz will not be reproduced by the speaker. So the AVR should have the crossover frequency for that speaker set to 50 -60hz so that 50hz and lower frequencies will be sent to the sub to be reproduced.

As Sunder suggested, set the front BS crossover to 80.
Also, set the subwoofer crossover to highest, could be 120Hz. Subwoofer crossover is for the LFE channel (.1 channel) which can go upto 120Hz. If you cross it at 80, then sound between 80 to 120 for .1 channel is perhaps lost.

Bass significantly improved by setting crossover frequency of BS to 80.Now i can hear low But the setup is lacking the thump. Maybe Aviano speakers are still in running in period they will open after few days. I have Audioned the Aviano 2 without subwoofer they were sounding great.

Bass significantly improved by setting crossover frequency of BS to 80.Now i can hear low But the setup is lacking the thump. Maybe Aviano speakers are still in running in period they will open after few days. I have Audioned the Aviano 2 without subwoofer they were sounding great.

The Audessey setup works really well for me. It improved my entire listening experience tremendously. It took care of most of the settings and configuration, only had to tweak it a bit later. But its an awesome piece of calibration software. Of course nothing to beat manual settings with a SPL meter but for the rest Audessey ROCKS!!!

This should answer all your queries:
BATPIG'S DENON-TO-ENGLISH DICTIONARY

Your room may have nulls. In that case, you need to find another location. The best way to do that is with SPL meter. If not, just do the crawl in the room. Put the sub at listening position, play a test tone, then crawl around all the walls/corners of the room. Where the sub sounds louder is the best location. Now, move the sub to that location and give it a shot.

Yahoo :yahoo: Now everything comes to life.
Just by resetting AVR microprocessor made a big difference Yes Of course i have set crossover frequency manually. Now i can hear bass even at -7dB set by Auto Audyssey setup. Now surprisingly mids and highs are very clear.

Does this mean that i have received used piece from HifiMart.
Thanks everyone for sharing your experience.

Last edited:
Yahoo :yahoo: Now everything comes to life.
Just by resetting AVR microprocessor made a big difference Yes Of course i have set crossover frequency manually. Now i can hear bass even at -7dB set by Auto Audyssey setup. Now surprisingly mids and highs are very clear.

Does this mean that i have received used piece from HifiMart.
Thanks everyone for sharing your experience.

oh thats great...i though you might put a thanks to my post :D but it's not there :sad:

JK:D glad you're liking

Last edited:
Guys

You are awesome and i didnt know what i was missing until i read the thread. WOW VX10 is amazing :)

I set the Onkyo RC 270 AVR and VX 10 as follows :

VX 10 Sub Woofer:
Volume : 12'0 Clock
Frequency as FULL
Phase 0

RC 270 Onkyo AVR :
FRont : 80 Hz
LPF of LPE : 80 Hz

Level Calibration at -6 db for FRonts and +2 for Sub.

It sounds awesome ....

I am curious on microprocessor reset. How can i do it for RC 270 AVR?

Thanks again..

Regards,
Prasanna KV

I am curious on microprocessor reset. How can i do it for RC 270 AVR?

Thanks again..

Regards,
Prasanna KV

To reset the HT- RC 270 AVR to its factory defaults, turn it on and, while holding down VCR/DVR, press ON/STANDBY. Clear will appear on the display and the AV receiver will enter Standby mode.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back