Version recording

Bhaskar Jyoti Talapatra

While surfing youtube today I have come across a video of Talat Mahmood singing chal is jaa re parchi which Md. Rafi had sung for the movie Bhabi. Surprised I have listened to this song and also come to know that back in 50's the HMV ventured to have recorded an already recorded song by another artist. For example, Talat Mahmood was requested to sing a song which Md. Rafi had sung, Md Rafi was persuaded to sing a hit song of Mukheshji or Hemanta Kumar was requested to sing a hit song of Talat Mahmood. But the artists did not like this idea . Perhaps they did not want to copy the other. But chal ud ja re was already sung by Talat so now we can listen to it. Here I don't want to compare Md. Rafi with Talat Mahmood as I know them( all of them) to be great singers and it is utterly foolish to compare each with the other. Click on the link below.

Talat Mahmood has such a beautiful voice. One can listen to him regardless of how popular song is or even unknown songs. 'In A Blue Mood' is very popular and easily available vinyl. An album you can listen to without getting up to change tracks.
Thanks for sharing the version.
Regards.

Yes ,Talat Mahmood had a sweet voice and he was very much popular in the subcontinent . From apart singing Ghazals, numerous songs for movies he also sang Bengali Adhunik songs under the assumed name Tapankumar. Those are popular among the mass even today. People will remember him as a singer and actor with a golden voice, fine pronunciation and his unique style. It is surprising that he could pronounce Urdu, Hindi and Bengali easily. I have some of his Ghazals and Bengali Adhunik songs on vinyl and will collect the one you have recommended in future.
Regards

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back