Vertex Stabilizer Noise

PravinJ

Hi Everyone,

I have been using Vertex 3KVA stabilizer for the last few months. I am hearing some noise (like it switches on something), whenever there is some voltage drops or at random time interval. The noise is not heard continuously. Is this is a normal behavior?

P.S: They mentioned that the stabilizer was specifically made for AV components and has noise filters.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Pravin.

I use a 4kva. Was having similar problem sometimes. Go it serviced and the problem has reduced. Occasionally it happens, nothing series.

That is normal, and a drawback of servo stabilizers, all brands will do it. It is adjusting the voltage whenever it experiences a spike or drop. If it bothers you, then you have to look for some other solution rather than servo stabilizers.
Cheers,
Sid

That is normal, and a drawback of servo stabilizers, all brands will do it. It is adjusting the voltage whenever it experiences a spike or drop. If it bothers you, then you have to look for some other solution rather than servo stabilizers.
Cheers,
Sid

Thanks Sid. What about UPS, Do they have the same behavior?

Thanks Sid. What about UPS, Do they have the same behavior?
No ups will not exhibit this behaviour but if you want a 3kva UPS you will have issue of cooling fans and also it will be a much larger unit, so it will be a different challenge.
Cheers,
Sid

No ups will not exhibit this behaviour but if you want a 3kva UPS you will have issue of cooling fans and also it will be a much larger unit, so it will be a different challenge.
Cheers,
Sid
Servo OCCASIONAL noise is nothing compared to online ups CONTINUOUS fan noise

This is very normal when there is any dip or up in the voltage. There will be a very mild tug sound when voltage goes up or comes down.

The service personnel told me specifically not to worry on this. There will be a rotator (Attached the image. Mine is 5kVA) on top of the transformer which would rotate during voltage variation and would come to ~230V. The varying power will let the rotator circumambulate and come to the position where it supplies ~230V for the consuming appliances.

IMG_20190504_160520_9.jpg
IMG_20190504_160602_6.jpg

Nothing to worry. It's built solid and a class performer. If you need assistance, call them up, they will take care.

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back