Very urgent, JDS Labs willing to reship, please help

All of these stories really put me off ordering from abroad --- but it may be a case of the bad news standing out. Surely a lot of stuff does get delivered with no problems? Certainly everything that I have have bought has done: I think my worst complaint was package damage by customs that they didn't bother to tape up again, sending on an open box, but nothing was missing.

I've bought a few things from USA and UK, but nothing much more expensive than UK100 or so. That's not a small amount of money, but nor will I starve if I loose it. Whether the bad stories are a small minority or not, I feel increasingly loathe to order anything that I would have to saved up for.

When available, I guess its wise to add the insurance option, although it might be worth checking what they actually cover.

killerpayne, as I said, my ODAC took 16 days. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for yours.

I called John@jdslabs and he recommended reshipping.And I am taking my chances again.If it happens again I will just ship it at my aunt's place in US.This is wrong ! If not for this thread I would've waited for another 15-20 days before pressing the panic button.Btw JDSLabs rocks ! Best customer service ever !

That's great. Well, maybe not so great as having got the first one without problems, but great problem resolution, which is what really shows what a company is made of.

The ODAC is really very small and light: if you should end up with two in the end, you could easily just one post one back to them --- or sell it here and send the cash instead. I do think that when a company is so willing to do the right thing it makes it much less of a chore for us customers to do it also :). If only all suppliers were like this!

I have asked John/JDS to ship through FedEx (costs a bomb 104 USD). Waiting for his reply.

Their customer service really is neat considering the situation.

Hope this time around the amp makes it to me and this saga comes to an end.

Hi,

First of all thanks for all of you guys who posted.

I just received my Objective O2 amplifier through FedEx :yahoo: .

JDS really were very supportive throughout.

As noted, I ordered through USPS the first time, "I" would be very careful/avoid ordering anything through them again.

Glad this ended well.

Thanks all once again.

Last edited:
My ODAC was shipped by ordinary USPS and reached within 10 days. I ordered one for Captain Rajesh too which also reached safely. The ODAC being small is usually posted in an envelope as missed by customs.
The postman had dropped the same in my letter box.

According to my experience even banned items can pass the customs if the item volume is small.

JDS labs is quite reliable however most large parcels get opened and inspected by customs. Who knows the customs officer in your area may be a "Audiophile" thief.

Most of the posts in hyd got missed and JDS labs reshipped like Thrice and they did tremendous customer service. However to avoid all drama now 3 odac chips are being carried by my friend on December 11th.. each passing day is difficult. ..

My ODAC was shipped by ordinary USPS and reached within 10 days. I ordered one for Captain Rajesh too which also reached safely. The ODAC being small is usually posted in an envelope as missed by customs.
The postman had dropped the same in my letter box.

According to my experience even banned items can pass the customs if the item volume is small.

JDS labs is quite reliable however most large parcels get opened and inspected by customs. Who knows the customs officer in your area may be a "Audiophile" thief.

Since many had received it without any hassles, I too ordered one. Since the item being shipped is ready-to-use version, these guys pinch. When I received through FEDEX, the amp was already switched on.

Most of the posts in hyd got missed and JDS labs reshipped like Thrice and they did tremendous customer service. However to avoid all drama now 3 odac chips are being carried by my friend on December 11th.. each passing day is difficult. ..

There are horror stories of USPS/Royal Mail through Indian Postal Service which I did not realize before this incident. It seems even "magazines" are not being spared.

Ordering through FEDEX seemed the only option for me, though the total cost does not seem to make it attractive.

On a different note, the amplifier is good, but I am not getting enough time to spend with the amplifier. Hope to post a review soon.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back