VFM Soundbar with ability to expand in the future

Hmm - this is the first time I'm venturing into audio systems. From what I'm reading, stereo is being suggested over soundbars, especially the budget ones. Let's see, I took the plunge with stereo, maybe will check soundbars down the road.
Any reviews?

I'm biting the bullet and going with the D1090 - placed the order on Amazon. I felt I'll have better support through Amazon compared to the M20. I also added in the 1-year extended warranty available - totalling to 30k - almost the same as the M20 on hifimart.

One convenience I'll miss though from the Soundbar - the CEC. Will see how much of an inconvenience that is.
Have you received the speaker? How do you like them?

I have bought the Hivi D1090 around the same time as OP; I like the sound coming from them. I don't have prior experience with Bookshelfs tho but can identify a bad sounding speaker and this one is not one of em.
But, this has a major flaw or at least my unit, at low volumes, like "low but still able to hear clearly kinda low" or we could say low sound where we enjoy songs in night time without disturbing the ones sleeping in the next room. So, on that levels, it just cuts out the audio, abruptly, In movies it was very much evident, especially if the movie had lots of muted, distant voices. U only get to see the subs "distant mumbling" "footsteps approaching" with no audio and resumes once the dialogue is loud enough for the speaker to pick up from where it left. As a western movie fan; watching "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly really puts me off due to this issue. Some body help!!!

if you want to upgradability your best option is investing in a good receiver + satellite + sub and then slowly adding a center channel and surrounds etc

if you buy a soundbar then you may not have an option to expand unless you buy something like the Bose smart soiundbar to which you can wirelessly add a surround or a sub since most soundbars have the receiver functionality built in. else just buy a sub+ soundbar like the yamaha

Dont know much about samsung soundbars..

The JBL 2.1 at <30K is a good option better still is the Yamaha 209 at sligntly higher than 30K but does a better sound/music..but they cannot be upgraded to more channels.

The JBL 5.1 and 9.1 have multichannel detachable speakers and the latter does a decent atmos as well without wires but come at a higher budget.
agree totally. OP. buy a second hand old AVR / amp. DIY amps are also good @Aniket.

I have bought the Hivi D1090 around the same time as OP; I like the sound coming from them. I don't have prior experience with Bookshelfs tho but can identify a bad sounding speaker and this one is not one of em.
But, this has a major flaw or at least my unit, at low volumes, like "low but still able to hear clearly kinda low" or we could say low sound where we enjoy songs in night time without disturbing the ones sleeping in the next room. So, on that levels, it just cuts out the audio, abruptly, In movies it was very much evident, especially if the movie had lots of muted, distant voices. U only get to see the subs "distant mumbling" "footsteps approaching" with no audio and resumes once the dialogue is loud enough for the speaker to pick up from where it left. As a western movie fan; watching "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly really puts me off due to this issue. Some body help!!!
Try using a different input and see if it works. If you are using analog input, try digital and vice versa.

Hi Pal, connected thru Bluetooth and no issues whatsoever. Now what's the workaround with Analog
For analog try an entry level dac like Topping E30 which is now on sale in headphone zone. New and the latest version of E30 MK2 is retailing at around 15k and a pre-owned old version is now on sale for 7k. Buy the preowned version and power the E30 using allo nirvana smps on sale in Fabtolab.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back