Vintage Luxman L80-V Integrated SS Amp - Worth it?

capt , you got it for 5k :mad::mad::mad:.... Envy you ... :p:p
:D5K was the quoted price. If I tell you how much I got it for, you will go madder and come all the way to Chennai to beat me black & blue and snatch it away.:lol:

It looks :licklips:
:signthankspin:

congrats capt!
I hope I too find a good amp for my maggies. The search is on....

Thank you. I heard they are very difficult speakers to drive. You'd need a powerful amp I guess. Let me know if you are looking for any particular make or model. Will let you know if I come across the same.

no particular model - but something with 150+ wpc :) do let me know if there is something with decent pricing. One chennai member is selling parasound amp but I am not sure if it is trustworthy.

:D5K was the quoted price. If I tell you how much I got it for, you will go madder and come all the way to Chennai to beat me black & blue and snatch it away.:lol:

:signthankspin:

Thank you. I heard they are very difficult speakers to drive. You'd need a powerful amp I guess. Let me know if you are looking for any particular make or model. Will let you know if I come across the same.

no particular model - but something with 150+ wpc :) do let me know if there is something with decent pricing.

Will keep in mind. I can see that you already have a Lyrita pre. Someone in the forum based in Bangalore is also selling a Parasound Amp. Check that out.

who's that? I saw a post by prithvi.
@keith - sorry but that's true. I am not too sure about the seller. If Someone in chennai can check it out for me I would be grateful.

Will keep in mind. I can see that you already have a Lyrita pre. Someone in the forum based in Bangalore is also selling a Parasound Amp. Check that out.

Hi guys,

I've listened to the Amp for a while now and it sounds very good. Now my knowledgeable friend says that I should leave the amp as it is as long as it plays without any issues. He says modding will bring its own problems and I end up getting into it full time.

So, is it advisable to do modding?

He says modding will bring its own problems and I end up getting into it full time.

Like what?

He said that while modding, we end up disturbing several components inadvertently and this would result loose contacts (dry soldering he said) and create further problems. Then you end up attending to it and the process goes on.

He said that while modding, we end up disturbing several components inadvertently and this would result loose contacts (dry soldering he said) and create further problems. Then you end up attending to it and the process goes on.
That would depend upon who is doing the modding right? If you give it to someone who knows what he is doing - there should be absolutely no problem.
But, if you enjoy the sound as is and have no desire to find out if you can better the sound - maybe it is best to leave well enough alone.

If you give it to someone who knows what he is doing - there should be absolutely no problem.

Problem is finding such a person..:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:
Also labour rates are going higher. so finding such person+ sourcing componants+ Downtime+ testing...Too muct trouble IMHO/

If you give it to someone who knows what he is doing - there should be absolutely no problem.

Even assuming someone very knowledgeable attends to the job, he has to physically unscrew the PCBs, de-solder the components to be removed, re-solder new components etc. My knowledgeable friend says this process itself could (not would) give rise to the stated problems.

So in his opinion, modding when everything appears honky dory is not a smart thing to do.

Captain, with all due respect, if you find the right guy to do it, you'll be one very happy man. I know of a guy who does this in Delhi.... He has modded many an amp.... it might be a good idea to try bringing this up to spec!

That would depend upon who is doing the modding right? If you give it to someone who knows what he is doing - there should be absolutely no problem.

if you find the right guy to do it, you'll be one very happy man. I know of a guy who does this in Delhi.... He has modded many an amp.... it might be a good idea to try bringing this up to spec!

Hi guys,

I spoke to the expert that Rajiv has recommended. He wants to know what exact mods are to be undertaken?

Guys, I'm a noob on that account. Could you guys recommend any specific mods?

Rgds

Rajesh

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back